Good Knight

Castle Crashers no longer available on EU eshop

Why has Castle Crashers disappeared from the Switch EU eshop and when will it return?

I'm based in the UK and was really looking forward to purchasing Castle Crashers for the fantastic sale price. But just a couple of days after the sale started Castle Crashers mysteriously became unavailable to purchase on the EU eshop? It's like the game never existed! This is really disappointing.

If whatever the issue is doesn't get resolved until after the 30th August - Please can us UK/EU based switch owners who have missed out get an opportunity to purchase it at the sale price (perhaps an extended date or additional sale).

Many Thanks

Hey there -

We are currently working to update the PEGI rating for the game, which has recently changed. Once that is complete, Castle Crashers Remastered should be back up on the EU eShop! Sorry for the inconvenience, and we hope to have it back up soon!

I would also like to buy this game on sale. It will be very disappointing if the discount ends and the game does not appear in the store. I'm a fan of this game. I already have it on the PS and I really want to buy it on the Switch.

We're doing everything we can to get it back up, but unfortunately we are currently at the stage of waiting for approvals so there isn't much we can do to speed it up. We will be sure to participate in another sale as soon as we can either way!!

Basically, we've submitted the game back in for eShop approval, and it's currently in testing by Nintendo. It's been a few days, but it's possible it could take a few more.

6 hours ago, Riccardo said:

Any update on the PEGI-approval? Will it take any longer? Many thanks. Regards.

Hi Riccardo,

The game should be back in the eShop now! Enjoy.