Sign in to follow this  
vgmaster9

The Wizard Castle Interior

Ugh, I hate that level so bad. First I gotta beat that painter boss (and getting rid of those things is impossible without getting hurt), then the Cyclops, and I still have yet to pass the part where you fight all those enemies. Is there any easy way to go through this? Although I'm still leveling up.

Magic is your friend, the splash damage from the green knight (Maxed out) was rangey (is that a word :o) enough to kill the spawned mobs in 1 hit along with spanking the painterboss.

Unless you're talking about insane mode then i have no idea.

Really?

I soloed all the Wizard castle interior on my first run-through

The painter is easy, just spam him with magic/ melee when he jumps down from his scaffold. As for the paintings, use magic and spam the paintings from a far distance and when they get too close...leg it to the other side of the field.

The cyclops is even easier. Just spam with melee and when he swings at you; block is the key. The undead groom is easily dodge-able, but don't try and attack the cyclops during this time (duh) Just repeat the melee spam and you shouldn't even need to use a potion, even at a low level

As for the Necromancer...things get a little harder :oops: the only real advice I can give you is to stick it through and take 5x potions...or just get a friend to help. Level 30 (I'd say) is about the minimum for battling the Necromancer (level 25 in extreme cases)

Hope this helped ;)

What Chris said. If you went full melee, I suggest doing this.

On painter: sprinting x combo. with his paintings, y-combo them, then run away. repeat.

cyclops: sprinting y combo. run when the groom comes out.

necromancer: 1) air combo until they're all dead

2) go beefy!

3) run like the dickens and hit them as you get opportunities.

Always have potions!

A REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY easier way to avoid the "Undead Groom/Conehead" on Cyclops is just let him smash you into the ground for 5 dmg. You just sit there till he calls him back into the coffin pop up and start killin it! ^_^

Necromancer....KNOCK DOWN THE MINIONS OR FREEZORS THEM! If your Red Knight you can catch almost all of them.

Well, a good tip is to go back to map whenever you have less than 5 potions. If you do, you do not have to re-kill every boss, the last boss you played will be accessable instantaneously when you get back. So if you're out of potions on necromancer, just go to map and buy some more potions.

This is how I beat the bosses on normal might work for Insane but I have not got that far.

Beat them with Red Knight (lvl 34) and Orange Knight (lvl 33)

both had magic up to the last purple slot with Str Def and Agi balanced

Painter

when he goes to paint jump and heavy attack, time it right so when after a few hits move away to avoid the spawning painting. or stand where the lift comes down and spam magic until the painting spawns.

Avoid the paintings by running away from them and spamming arrows and magic. when you get to the side of the level head to the top/bottom corner and when they are close run around them (beware of the elephant as he seems to turn faster than others).

be ready when the last painting is about to die so you can get under the lift again to hit the painter.

rinse and repeat until he starts running around the level the njust use jump heavy attack.

Cyclops

wait for him to do the slam attack then jump in and heavy attack then move away.

move up and down to avoid fireballs. not recommended to attack at this point.

For the puppet wait for it do home in on you the move up or down to avoid. cannot attack at this point.

when the puppet is about to go back in the coffin get ready to spam magic.

rinse and repeat.

Necromancer

I always lose a few potions against the minions part. Jump and heavy attack the minions when possible. If using blue knight or red knight you ca freeze them or catch them in the lightening like Sitrax said.

magic attack the beefy minions.

For the Necromancer stand below or above him and wait for him to walk to you.

When he comes in range spam the light attack if he gets knocked down keep spamming light attack, if he blocks then move up or down and repeat above.

you will only get hit a few times.

Wizard dude (sorry don't know his name) final boss

Spinning Jewels

4 spinning jewels run around and wait for them to drop. Attack the last one to hit the ground.

repeat on all four.

Bubble shield Wizard

When the wizard is in his bubble attack with magic when in the blue bubble and melee when in the red bubble.

Best method I found is to circle above or under him and then zigzag, or cross quickly right in front of him to make him attack. If you do this correctly it will give a small window of opportunity to get behind him and attack.

Ballooned floating Wizard

For the ballooned wizard state just use jump heavy attack shouldn't get hit by the white orbs.

Wizard Spider

For the wizard spider jump and heavy attack diagonally, you will only get in a couple of hits but will aviod the huge spikes that come down.

Obviously don't jump up when his little legs are wiggling underneath.

rinse and repeat.

Last Wizard state

wait for him to jump up and fire fireballs in the air, as he does move away and get ready to run in to where he will land. (run in from the left or right in a straight line)

As he is about to land press the heavy attack while running to do the dive attack.

This will take practice to get the distance right but will make this fight very easy as you will miss make the fireballs miss you when you run in. (I only had about 5-6 slots of agility to do this)

When he does his spinning attack wait for the second pass and anticapte where he will land then attack.

hope this helps and hope I didn't bore you to much

Thanks, hopefully it'll work out. I have been using lots of arrows and magic on each paint monster, but it never seems to work.

On a random note, remember when I was talking about wanting to have a level look like this?

It would be after the stage with the ice castle and before the Wizard's castle. It would have similar music and have a picture of every end stage boss (such as the Catfish, Medusa, and the bosses from the Wizard's castle).

Also, the stage's boss would be a boss that we didn't realize that never made the cut. On the Behemoth site, it showed a pic of the knights fighting a giant tiger, but we never saw him in the final version. It would be a good opportunity for him to be in this hypothetical level.

If your lvl 40ish then you should be able to beat it easily if you have a lvl 25ish tag along. I played it with three lvl 25s and we didn't even need potions...

Thanks, hopefully it'll work out. I have been using lots of arrows and magic on each paint monster, but it never seems to work.

It does take time, you just have to persevere and carry on trying ;)