Sign in to follow this  
Otisbum

Anyone else boost exp this way?

Go to Insane mode and Thieves Forest. Fight all the way up to the troll boss before the deer run.

If you've got Red Knight with full magic, this is a really good spot. Just attack the boss until there are a ton of trolls surrounding, fight them to one side of the screen and RT+Y as many as you can and hold it until you either get hit or your magic runs out.

This is especially good for those who want to be "legit" and don't approve of the boomerang exploit. I think the most I've gained from one fight was 4 levels. Much quicker if you die instead of beating the troll boss as well, since if you beat him you'd have to go through the river sections.

So back to my main question, anyone else ever done this? As much as I'd like to think I'm unique, who else enjoys boosting this way?

:lol: Not just the Red Knight, it's just that his power makes it the quickest, since you can hit upwards of 15 enemies at once.

Any other character can just as easily jump attack the trolls (Jump+Y is awesome for this), they'll just gain exp about 1/3 as fast.

Guest radne0

Leveled my thief there for the most part... Concentrated mainly on killing the smaller trolls by air juggling them across the screen and back, not really paying attention to the main boss. He'd eventually die anyway.

Not as fast as the other methods available, but at least it's interesting to see how long I could stay in the air

I tend to use Jump X to juggle them, Y if I'm getting low to the ground to give me a height boost and Block if I think I'm going to land to avoid getting mobbed to death.

I use the painter's paintings aswell to grind. I'll usually wait till hes half way, that way he does three, then the xp starts coming. :3 And I Use my boomerang sometimes, because it does one dmg and it comes back and does another set. Or I'll just grab a really sucky weapon and smash the hell out of them or something. Since, XP is based per hit.

You better find people 2 help u its impossable 2 solo unless ur a hacker we cant get past the desert level with 3 people 78+

.... ive gotten past thieves forest... just takes 9 sandwiches and 3-5 potions....

Go to Insane mode and Thieves Forest. Fight all the way up to the troll boss before the deer run.

If you've got Red Knight with full magic, this is a really good spot. Just attack the boss until there are a ton of trolls surrounding, fight them to one side of the screen and RT+Y as many as you can and hold it until you either get hit or your magic runs out.

This is especially good for those who want to be "legit" and don't approve of the boomerang exploit. I think the most I've gained from one fight was 4 levels. Much quicker if you die instead of beating the troll boss as well, since if you beat him you'd have to go through the river sections.

So back to my main question, anyone else ever done this? As much as I'd like to think I'm unique, who else enjoys boosting this way?

All you have to do is press start and exit to map.

All you have to do is press start and exit to map.
True. Don't know why I never thought to do that. :P

And as far as the difficulty on Insane, I'm level 82 and I make it from Thieves Forest to the end of the Catfish boss fairly easily with 5 potions. I'm usually either down to 1 or completely out by the end of it.

I agree it does get really hard to try and solo later in the story mode though.

You better find people 2 help u its impossable 2 solo unless ur a hacker we cant get past the desert level with 3 people 78+

Really? I soloed thieves forest with my 34 Blue Knight. (Insane)

I just get 5+ sandwiches and potions and air combo teh thing to death.

:lol: