Sign in to follow this  
Nakamaru

Castle Crashers Display Case Project

Hello Behemoth forum. I am Nakamaru, and this will be my debut post. So without any more stalling.

I Just recently purchased the set of four castle crashers figures, and while they stand in awesomeness above my dresser i feel like i can make them a little better.

My thought is to draw up a border that can go around the inside of the case actually displaying the element of the character.

I did a very quick sketch of what i am talking about.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/ ... ity001.jpg

(please excuse the quality of the drawing. I really rushed it. :lol: )

My problem is my resources are pretty limited at the moment, and if i did this i would like to give it to the community for others to be able to download, and just print out to put in their own cases. I just do not have the knowledge to do so.

Also i am not very familiar with Dan's style. I absolutely love it, but fail quite hard when trying to replicate it. So artists that are well adverse in Dan's style if you could help me in this endeavor i would be very grateful.

Anyway, so what are you, the behemoth community's thoughts on this little project?

Thanks to UberChew we now have a very good looking fire element for the orange knight! I have a sample picture below. Unfortunately because of my lack of ink I can't show you the full effect of UberChew's work.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/ ... C_0072.jpg

so you want someone to draw a fire border (ice,acid,lightning) for the diplay cases...sounds interesting. :D

I would like help with it. I can draw them up, but i dont have the means to color them. I have magic markers but that is just kinda ugly looking and very easy to mess up.

try sending a pm to some of the artists around the forums maybe they will help you out (i would but i have no artistic ability :P )

It's so awesome, I'm willing to use markers on my own cases when I'm bored! I hope you don't mind if I take this idea and put it into action on my own cases, do you? I just had my speakers blow out and removing the system, have a bare desk that could use this idea for my figures to make my desk look occupied again.

Phenomenal idea mate. Talk to Powers and Fiddler as well as Chris and they should be able to do you a solid. Good luck broseph.

It's so awesome, I'm willing to use markers on my own cases when I'm bored! I hope you don't mind if I take this idea and put it into action on my own cases, do you? I just had my speakers blow out and removing the system, have a bare desk that could use this idea for my figures to make my desk look occupied again.

Oo i wouldn't use markers directly on the cases. You could easily just be wasting your time or ruin the cases themselves. I want to make a cut out that you can just print and set it on the inside perimeter of the case.

@UberChew

--Dimensions are:

Height (outside)-5 1/2 inch *this includes the base*

Width (outside)-3 15/16 inch

Face (inside)-3 3/4" x 4 15/16"

The plastic case itself has about a 1/8 inch thickness. So Inside facings will be 1/4 inch less than the outside.

The base is 11/16 of an inch deep. So i'm thinking the maximum height i would want these to be is about 2 inches. about 10/16 of that would be just white or black colored paper because it will sit inside of the base.

I'll have access to AutoCadd thursday so i'm going to draw up the case and get all the dimensions down on there.

@Lycano

--Thanks. I'll send those guys a PM.

Hi

Blitzed out a border of flames for the orange knight.

It's a bit rough as it is a mock up. I cannot test it out as Idon't have any of the figures (yet).

So if someone could try it put that would be great.

The border is about 2 and a bit inches high and about 10 inches long so will have to be trimmed to fit.

I have made a reverse image so you could print out both stick them to a piece of card either side.

Would love to see a photo of it in the display. If it works I'll make a better one and maybe more for the other knights.

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo33 ... flames.jpg

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo33 ... es_Rev.jpg

what a great idea, and what a great way to "debut" on the forums!

this is such a good idea in fact, that i'm going to see if i can work some magic and get dan in on this. perhaps as a special "thank you" to the forum community! :D but don't quote me on it, i haven't asked him yet. :o

:arrow:

kelly

Haha, thanks! ^.^

It would be amazing if Dan helped out on this. Even if he recognizes it that would be very cool. Good luck with the magic. Let me know how it turns out.

Edit-Ok it appears that my printer is out of ink, so i will get pictures up tomorrow asap.

i cant see them :(

damn I always have problems uploading stuff. ummm ok

can you see the attachment?

[attachment=0]CC_flames_sample.jpg[/attachment]

EDIT - WARNING the attachment had to be scaled down so I could actually attached it so I don't think they will be to scale like the photobucket ones(Blimey alot of the word attach)

what about the barabarian what would he have?oh and UberChew i can't go to the link for some reasoncould you make it like an attachment

I could do like a crowd of barbarians like the boss fight. if people are interested.

what about the barabarian what would he have?oh and UberChew i can't go to the link for some reasoncould you make it like an attachment

I could do like a crowd of barbarians like the boss fight. if people are interested.

I was thinking more of clouds of smoke and Arrows flying through them, maybe even an axe or two.