Sign in to follow this  
Nakamaru

Castle Crashers Display Case Project

No problem I enjoyed doing it.

I'll have a go at doing more if you want.

Did it fit ok?

Would you prefer the border went all the way round and had a background that covered the whole of the back panel?

Could you (Nakamaru or anyone else) use a piece of paper and cut it out to fit inside the box then tell me the measurements (In centimetres please) for this shape.

[attachment=0]CC_example.jpg[/attachment]

Sketch is rough but the top picture is what I envisage, a border with a background wallpaper.

Bottom pictures the shape i need the measurements

I will get you those measurements as soon as i get home, but also keep in mind that when most people print these from their home computers they will be limited to 8-1/2" x 11" paper. So the maximum length many people can print it out will be 11"

Im going to look into PDF files and see if i can't work out a way to easily connect two pieces. Allowing you to only require to fill half of the inside, and then mirror it on the other half.

It could be in two halfs

The backdrop and left and right sides connected then the front seperate.

by putting tabs on the left and right sides they could be glued to the front side.

I think that would work.

That is actually a very good idea. Each side will have to be at most 3 6/8". To be more accurate it's actually around 3 17/32". So if you can design them in two faces that are 7 1/2 you would be able to just fold them in the middle and it should fit pretty nicely.

Just pair them up as front and left side, then backdrop and right side.

The back panel can be at most 5 1/4" high. That includes the space needed to sit down inside of the base.

Actually if you make the back panel 4" high (total, this includes the base) you can just mirror it down the middle of the paper. Rather than having to cut out the design two times. Just print it out, fold it in half and glue it together, then cut out the design. This also gives it a stronger base so it will stand up better.

Here is my idea on how to assemble the actual panels for the display cases. Also on there is the layout of the printout.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/ ... ons001.jpg

Also i wanted to know if you had AIM so we could talk about this a little easier instead of playing tag on the forums. :lol: My aim is LLxeeLL Send me a message if you have any questions.

That worked out pretty well. I don't have the figurines but I did want to see if I could do the case-work anyways. You are a hero to the masses.

It you wish you help out in anyway possible it will be greatly appreciated. I hit a busy streak with school so i will be pretty busy the next week or so, but any artwork or anything in general that you could contribute would be very helpful.

I'm gonna try and redo the fire one and I have also done sketches for a barbarian one too.

Hopefully be able to get something up this week. I to have been very busy.

hiya party people-

Dan is back from TGS, and i spoke with him about this. He is excited about the idea, and is into working on this! yay! I don't know what the time frame is, since he is pretty busy right now, but I'll let you know when i know. I love the stuff you guys have been coming up with, keep up the good work!

:arrow:

kelly

hiya party people-

Dan is back from TGS, and i spoke with him about this. He is excited about the idea, and is into working on this! yay! I don't know what the time frame is, since he is pretty busy right now, but I'll let you know when i know. I love the stuff you guys have been coming up with, keep up the good work!

kelly

That's awesome! I can't wait to see some official artwork on someone's figure case!

hello i am an artist but not as good as you but i was wondering if i can help in anyways possible.with little homework this week i have lots of time in my hands. you ppl seem to already done the artwork. if theres anyway i can help just tell me :D

hiya party people-

kelly

Thats amazing news! Thanks so much for asking him. This just made my day. :D

@govinster

--Good to hear! If there is anything we need i will let you know. Right now i am just playing with formats of pages so it will be easy for everyone to print out when we do finish this.

So far nothing solid that i can post. I know uberchew is working on the barbarian art. I'm trying to find the best way to print out and place everything in the cases. Once i get a printout that will work 100% of the time without needing to be resized i will post that, and all we would need from there is the artwork. After that the files should be ready to just download, print out, cut out, and place.

Things have been busy lately so a solid update might be a little longer.

I'm glad you're looking forward to this. :D

i just got a 4-day weekend(yes im lucky) so remember im here. i cant wait for it! my 5 castle crashers box.......case......thing looks so boring!

we've been without updates for quite a while. Is there anyone who knows how to scale images so that they will print out a specific length? I've been trying, but keep failing miserably.

Hi guys sorry been away awhile have been stupidly busy at work.

I have got hold of a barbarian figure so will try and knock something together soon.