Sign in to follow this  
Murlocrouge

Question for mods....

Whats exactly the point of locking a Topic i mean its still there after you lock it and when people go 2 click it they see its locked you should like delete them after there locked or sumthin

Whats exactly the point of locking a Topic i mean its still there after you lock it and when people go 2 click it they see its locked you should like delete them after there locked or sumthin

People can't bump it and continue on about it. Locking something is like sinking a ship, its still there, but no one cares about it. p.s. I'm a moderator at several other sites.

Mods, you can lock this now :)

I think it's more of a signal on a thread so people don't waste there time in that post. It can be because of a duplicate thread, a thread that leads to nowhere, a thread that incited flame wars, or bad behavior on the forums, a thread that is not neccessary (hey look at my other posts!) etc. If people read the title, then see that it is locked, then they can go in, but most likely will find nothing to help them out. I hope I answered your question.

i also prefer to lock than to delete because the information remains in a locked thread. this mainly pertains that are locked because they are excessively old or inactive. Another reason to lock instead of delete is it also gives people (usually the one who started the thread) a chance to read any responses they got without their thread just up and vanishing.

if we run out of room or something, you betchya we will be going on a deletey spree.

:D

kelly

If people see it's locked, they may check it out. Then they learn what NOT to do. But with the TU, people have not learned THAT yet ^_~ Hehe. But yes, anyways, "You learn from your mistakes" is another way to look at it.

Also, ChickenHounk, do you mind like, making you sig a bit smaller, length wise? I have to scroll my screen over to read the rest of your post. :oops: