Sign in to follow this  
Professor Choak

Favorite Beefy? + Stat Plans

My favorite is Barbarian Beef, so awesome. And did you know you can use shield in beefy? Kinda funny.

+

Im choosing to max out stats early for some characters

Im maxing Agility and Strength for Thief right now

Then all magic and defense for orange knight

what do you think?

Beefy Bear (or in CPU cases, the headbanging skeleton that turns beefy because of the Necromancer) is my favorite.

I never max out specific stats for characters except in the case of maxing out Icekimo's magic at level 13, so let me know how those characters go.

I always try to raise magic to the second stage then gradually increase strength and a little bit of defense. By the time I'm around the boss, I like to have all magic powers unlocked, ~15-20 of the strength bars filled and about half the defense filled.

That's what I did with my Red Knight and it worked great.

Then when I maxed everything else out, I went back for agility.

Not sure what I'll do in the future though, since after seeing how helpful a leveled up agility can be, it's really tough to choose which stats to go for right off the bat. Without having a little bit of everything, boss fights can get a whole lot tougher, but I feel agility is one of those stats you can put off until the end, since if you put more into strength and magic, you don't have to worry about moving around quickly since you can just beat the enemies down.

But Agility+Strength for Thief and Magic+Defense for Orange sounds like a good choice. Again, I'd like to hear how easy/hard the game gets toward the end since you're just focusing on those two stats for each character.

Beefy farmers looks like homeless people on steroids :lol:

I must say that the beefy thief looks pretty neat. Not too strange, not too unoriginal. Although he can't use his bow in beefy mode, his fingers are too fat :(

beefy skeleton, there cool because it looks like a beefy guy wearing a skeleton costume, the ones with a black shirt and white "bones" on them, so you only see the bones rofl.

Beefy farmers looks like homeless people on steroids :lol:

I must say that the beefy thief looks pretty neat. Not too strange, not too unoriginal. Although he can't use his bow in beefy mode, his fingers are too fat :(

Bolded made me giggle a tad.

My favoirte beefy has to be the AH Knight.

(I'm assuming that "+ Stat Plans" means recommended stats to level early.)

On my first few runs, I focused on Magic first. It was reliable, but really slow.

Afterwards I tried max Agi characters. It's effective in Normal Mode and faster than Magic against normal mobs, but it's still not that fast for Insane kills. It's also a surefire way to murder your B button.

I'd say that, after trying and mastering all three attack types, maxing Strength first and then Magic (for boss fights) is the best stat plan out there. Normal Mode mobs usually die 3 seconds after you start an infinite juggle, so there's no need to prolong the kills with Magic knockdowns or B spam.

Of course, you have to learn all the combos, and all the movement tricks before Strength really gets ahead of the pack (A+X so landing doesn't stun you, A+X to YYX spam for staying airborne, YYXX spam for infinite juggles... there's more, but those are the three main ones.) ...but that's not really an issue, not for me anyway.