Sign in to follow this  
Shafted

Best Character for PvP

im thinking that in all other games ice attacks always have a big draw back, so i think he may just be a bit imbalanced maybe, alien hominid with his super jump looks like he could stay out of trouble alot and still do a good amount of damage.

Its all about confusion, Ice will have a really good advantage if you can use him right, but if you have a fast character with maxed out agility, then you're not going to get owned by him. On the other hand the bee keeper has helpers and the brute has some quick attacks.

If you have more than 2 people, its easier to nail some big combos, otherwise I will go with blue knight or a speedy character.

im guessin theirs no difference between the characters other then looks. its just whos better at the game and what stat points go where....maybe?

im guessin theirs no difference between the characters other then looks. its just whos better at the game and what stat points go where....maybe?

Not really..

Each character has it's own set of magic attacks,and of course every type of magic will probably do something else..

For example:

Fire magic-high damage

Poison magic- Damage over time

Thunder-Maybe weaker than fire,but faster and can paralyze?

Ice-freeze,obviously.

I agree with clockwork. for instance, you could own a fighting game and there's one character you consider weak. You then play with your friend who also has the game and then he beats you with that character.

To hard to tell, I hope PvP isn't a nightmare.

I can imagine one unbalanced character, then everyone online spamming the same move...over..and over...

I'm looking at you soul caliber IV...cough kilik cough cervantes cough cough.

I'm excited for it non the less, hopefully its all balanced out!

never played fighting games enough to get good at them.

I think that there will be different powers, and if used properly will create balanced characters, but it is up to the players to use them properly...

I doubt there is much that would make it unbalanced, and the only way for there to be any "unfair" playing is if someone is on dial-up still and causes some massive lag.

As for which one is best, the one I'm playing :evil:

I doubt there is much that would make it unbalanced, and the only way for there to be any "unfair" playing is if someone is on dial-up still and causes some massive lag.

As for which one is best, the one I'm playing :evil:

You never know, maybe a certain characters magic or a secret weapon or maybe a combination of those with an animal orb gives someone a large advantage?

Or possibly some sort of combo you can't get out of, some sort of glitch.(hey, thats me)

I doubt there will be, but never say never.

Guest chickendance333
8-) I think that at least one unlockable character will be unbalanced and people will overuse him online. AND THEN people will start to make tier lists, like with ssb.

There's no real way to determine which character will be the best for PvP until we've actually played the game for at least a couple of months. There will be a lot of characters to choose from, as well as weapons and then stat points as well.

I think it's all going to be a matter of opinion on which is best due to peoples preferences and play styles :D

There's no real way to determine which character will be the best for PvP until we've actually played the game for at least a couple of months. There will be a lot of characters to choose from, as well as weapons and then stat points as well.

I think it's all going to be a matter of opinion on which is best due to peoples preferences and play styles :D

I so hope it works out like that; it just being preference and play styles.

I really don't want there to be some overpower/glitch with a character. If there turns out to be one, I hope it gets patched. I can avoid players using the character if there is a glitch.

I'm glad that it looks like spamming won't be to easier. The vids seem to suggest that the way the characters move make it hard.

I'm personally thinking it might be Blue Knight, because his magic looks great.

That's right. You heard it here folks; The winner is determined by who looks the coolest while fighting.

:D

On a serious note: Hopefully there is balance, and it's really based on player skill.

from what i've seen (wich isnt much considering there is limited info out there right now) the blue knight seems most efficient considering the fact that some of his moves can get other players stuck in ice, and must mash buttons or something of that effect to get out, i dont think its a huge advantage, but hey, every bit helps ;)