Sign in to follow this  
mistersneak

Castle Crashers Plushie

This year my wonderful wife surprised me on my birthday with a home-made Castle Crashers Orange Knight plushie. Well aware of my love for the game, she knew I'd love it. She told me it was a joy to create, and it's a joy to own and display.

It's huggably-soft (which I take advantage of frequently by hugging it) and 21" tall.

Anyway, I thought you guys would enjoy seeing it! She wants to make one of each playable character (OMG), but I don't know what she plans on doing with them all!

She's an avid seamstress who enjoys sewing baby blankets with characters on them, but this is the first time she's ever done a doll. I think it turned out really well, especially for a first try.

Here's a few final product pictures.

[attachment=2]CC-O_straight_web.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]CC-O_left_web.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]CC-O_right-tall_web.jpg[/attachment]

I wish I had a wife to make me a Blue Knight Plushie ;_;

A normal sized Plushie would be great, but one that's just under 2 feet tall!? xD That's epic...Now

Life size is the question O.o...

Be also cool if TB would market normal sized plushies of CC Chars.

Glad you like it, guys! I'll pass your appreciation on to my wife.

As for "normal" sized plushies, she could probably keep the heads the same size and then just halve the size of the body, making it closer to the proportions of in-game characters. Then again, the body is pretty complicated to sew, so maybe that would've been hard for her. I don't know, I'll ask.

This is cool! mad props to the wifey too! Make sure you post a pic when you have the whole collection of knights. Now if she could get around to making a plushie Industrialist.... :o

Moving to "Fan Art" section

She wants to do every character?! Holy moly. That seems like a lot of labor... but a labor of love, I'm sure. I wish her good luck!

Great to have your guys' support! My wife is delighted at your comments.

To answer a few...

She says she's open to being commissioned for certain characters and would love the opportunity to sell some. Our only concern is that this is Behemoth's IP and it would be up to them if they would allow us to sell them to you guys (wouldn't it?)

We'd handle everything outside of Behemoth and their store, presumably, so it'd be entirely unofficial.

Kelly, can you make official comment? Would a Behemoth Brand Lawsuit find its way to my door?

My wife is just one lady so they'd take a while, there would be no mass production of any kind.

After I hear official word, we'd actually be happy to discuss a price for other commissioned knights. Compensating for my wife's time and the materials, it'd still probably be affordable for collectors.

I'm glad you guys like the doll! I talked to the wife and she said it would be easy to make the body smaller, as the head was probably the hardest part. She did all sorts of crazy stuff to make sure the head maintained its cylindrical shape.

I hope we hear word from Behemoth soon. My wife is eager to start on a new project for one of you if they'll allow it.

She should make one of the behemoth chicken, who wouldn't want an awesome, cute, fat chicken plushie

lol that would be sweet! an awesome chicken plushie! :lol:

Absolutely amazing.

It takes dedication to make a piece of art, but I can't even imagine the work put into this. Fantastic job, I look forward to seeing more.

I saw this thread before but I guess I didn't respond >.>

Congrats on the dev blog announcement! She deserved it.

I Wish you luck with future endeavors!

Thanks so much. I'm so proud of my wife for her creativity. She's currently on vacation to see some in-laws while I stay home and work, but I'm sure she'll love to see the announcement when she gets back. Everybody's compliments and the dev blog reference will certainly motivate her creatively.

It's funny, she's a stay-at-home mom and I'm a 3D Game Artist and Designer. I usually get all the attention for being creative. I'm so glad that she has chosen to make a creative path for herself and I admire her skill and the love she puts into her projects. She certainly isn't on my coattails, creatively speaking, she's her own woman.

Being selfish, I hope that our creative blood passes on to our daughter, making her an amazing artistic champion! Of course I just want our daughter to be happy, but it would be so great if we could encourage and guide her on a creative path.