Sign in to follow this  
I_Am_An_Idea

Castle Crashers Tattoo (serious)

Dan the barbarian battle looks amazing. if I could selfishly ask for one more thing is there anyway you can put you sinature on it that way people will know it was from a great artist.I hope thats not pushing it, thats all I would ask after you have done this amazing piece for me. again awesome Dan

yea sure, no problem! glad you like it :D

lol i would have been like....you ungrateful little brat....then again i am not so generous......

Wow that pic is HUGE! HEy Dan, since you are being all generous and stuff. I am not getting a tatoo or anything, If you could just post a sprite or an image I could use of the Cyclops II's puppet guy. The little singing skeleton that comes at you when you are fighting the Cyclops for the second time. If you have the time, thanks!

that reminds me.. wasn't i supposed to do something to your tattoo, hellvector?

Other than attaching your signature to mine as well, I can't think of anything. If I weren't so damn busy I might have been able to get it started today...

If you could put your signature on the black and white line work, that would be awesome. Thanks!

no worries, i'm not forgetting, i just haven't been able to get around to it. i've been doing a lot of stuff. i'll have it within the next 30 days or so (i'll be in japan from the 6th to the 18th)

Lol, since I was bored, I decided to draw the Barbarian Scene above. Not as good, but I can't post in anyways since I it's hand-drawn and I don't have Flash to draw it on. :(

Dan, that's amazing! But, the barbarian behind the barbarian with the club is just half a head, are you still working on that or is that a mistake?

Dan, that's amazing! But, the barbarian behind the barbarian with the club is just half a head, are you still working on that or is that a mistake?

?? are you mentally retarded?? JK ;) most likely still in work or a on purpose thing.

no worries, i'm not forgetting, i just haven't been able to get around to it. i've been doing a lot of stuff. i'll have it within the next 30 days or so (i'll be in japan from the 6th to the 18th)

You're very lucky; I've always wanted to go to Japan.. Hope you have fun.

btw, nice tattoo art! :)

I went and talked to Jimmy(tattoo artist) the other day, and he priced the black and white at about 150, and a full color at around 350(I think). I haven't completely decided what I want to do on this, because I had originally planned on most of my tattoos being monochrome, but I love the full color that Dan did for mine.

Any opinions on the situation? Looking to get it started next week.

Color it dude. When you look back youll be glad you did. Why save 200$ when itll last a lifetime?

I think hellvectors tattoo would look better in color but i might make him wait for that...we need to pay bills first...and i'm getting my tattoo about the same time he is, i'm getting the blue knight that is in the tat that dan drew for hellvector and jimmy priced it with color about 85. that puts us about 235 for the both of us. with out the color on his.and we can't really spend much more than that right now..i hope he realizes that. so.. the color might be a bit on his..not too long though, he won't want to wait that long. maybe about a month or two.

also Valter where you talking to hellvector or someone else? just curious.. but hellvector is getting all 4 knights standing in a line in different poses if you were talking to him..

I highly recommend color based on the art style alone.

The cartoon style is so heavily dependent on bright colors that I can only imagine it will look partially finished if you never opt for the color. The shading already present on the characters is really just a slightly darker base color. I really do feel that you need the color to contrast with the line work.

My left arm is being done in stages and the very first was just the line work. I thought it looked good with just the line work until we added the shading in. Now we've done sections of the arm in full color. I think each stage looks good but then see how much better it looks as it nears completion.

It really is worth seeing a tattoo fully through. I can only do about 3 hours of tattooing before I need a break. I've found that's a pretty decent ballpark figure for most. If you can get it done in one session, I recommend that as well. In that case, save up for the whole time. The healing process usually takes about a week in full. If you get deep color on a sensitive part, you will have trouble using it for the first day. My last session was 3 straight hours of work on the underside of my arm. That took me about 2 days before I could go back to the gym.

I absolutely understand that finances take priority over any sort of tattoo work. I feel the same way. However, as an experienced tattooee (*fake word*) I believe that you will be much happier with the work as a completed piece. Dan designed it with color in mind.

Just my 2 cents.

Also, where are you getting it done (both hellvector and zelinda)?

Also, where are you getting it done (both hellvector and zelinda)?

I know what you mean about the color. After thinking about it over night, I've decided I will definitely get it all done in full color. I may still get it done in stages, it just depends on time and money.

Anyway, we're going to be getting it done at a place called Jimmy Israel's "The Grave". Here is a link: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... &view=true .

I'm actually going bowling with him tomorrow night, so I may get a chance to talk to him about it more then. I took him the line work that I printed off, and he said it looked really fun and he would love to do it.

Funny. This is my first visit to the forum...and prior to reading this thread...I was strongly considering a tattoo as well...a pretty elaborate one at that. My favorite scenes in the game are in the initial castle when you're either starting a new game, or brining the clown princess back at the conlclusion.

I love the idea of getting four characters drawn up in the sequence where they're river dancing/rockin' out/stomping etc. I just haven't figured out which characters I want to use, and which of the animations each would be doing. yet.