Sign in to follow this  
I_Am_An_Idea

Castle Crashers Tattoo (serious)

Also, where are you getting it done (both hellvector and zelinda)?

Anyway, we're going to be getting it done at a place called Jimmy Israel's "The Grave". Here is a link: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... &view=true .

I meant physically, where on your body are you getting the work done?

he is getting his done on the lower back area.. (ouch ouch).. that's with the 4 knights...and i'm getting the pose of the blue knight from the same tat on my right shoulder (ouch again)

Alright, it's about to go down. Scheduled to get started this Thursday(tomorrow). Mine will get started, and my wife's should be done all in one sitting. I will take plenty of pics of hers as it's being done, and she will get some of mine, and I'll get some of the healing process for hers, which will be a good representation of how mine will end up. Then I will of course update with pics as mine comes along.

Does anyone else feel like fantasticninja is being really obnoxious? Its like dude the man is trying to operate a successful business and make great games. Your lucky enough he is making you design for your tattoo because I wouldn't because you seem ungrateful and really annoying. He already stated he wasnt doing any more fan tattoo requests and you just were annoying enough that he couldnt ignore your requests anymore. As far as I can tell your tat has nothing to do with castle crashers anyways.

Like stop rushing the man.

anyways yeah..i don't know if Jimmy will start with hellvector first....i guess we'll see i'm sure we'll have pictures posted by tomorrow night

Klepackage's tips for the first time tattooee!

1) Make certain that you've eaten well throughout the day.

I've had work done on an empty stomach and it's miserable. Don't stuff yourself, but just eat normally.

2) It's OK to freak out!

I've got full short sleeves on both arms (to the elbow) and I still freak out a little bit anytime I get something new done. My artist, Ishmael, has seen it all. He's seen people take full chest work without wincing and he's had people faint when he sketches outlines with Sharpie on them. Everyone deals with it differently and they know this.

2.5) Bring some water and a small snack in case you do freak out.

I normally bring some Peanut M&M's whenever I get more work done. You've got the chocolate for a quick burst and the peanuts have the protein which will help sustain you.

3) Find a way to distract yourself mentally.

Tattoos do hurt. That's a fact. People deal with this in different ways. I bring my mp3 player and listen to that. Sometimes I'll just converse with other people in the shop. I personally can't just lay there and get my skin punctured without engaging mentally in something else.

4) Wear appropriate clothing.

If you're going to be laying down for three hours, you probably don't want to wear your brand new, never washed tight jeans. Also, when you're done, the skin will be sore. It's nice to have loose clothing that won't constantly be pressing on sensitive skin.

5) Tip your tattoo artist.

This is a profession where a significant portion of your income comes from tips. I recommend tipping a bit higher for shorter sessions. The needles are always brand new. The main silicon housing has to be run through an autoclave afterwards. Everything that the artist touched and worked with has to be sterilized. Obviously, high turnover just increases material cost and is a pain in the balloon.

These are all my personal recommendations. I for some reason never develop out of a slight freak out before I get work done. I usually lay down for a few minutes and then I'm fine. Again, this is what I do but everyone handles it differently. Ultimately, have fun and enjoy your tattoo!

@Zelinda

You should be fine on the right shoulder. He/She will likely place it below the main curvature at the top of the shoulder and that area is not bad at all. Hellvector might want to bring a Tylenol or two though...

Thanks for the tips!! Yeah i'm horrible when it comes to needles...i almost passed out both times i got my labret pierced...it didn't hurt the first time but it did the second time because of the scar tissue..

I probably won't post again until we get home tomorrow..so wish me luck!!!!

and trust me it isn't something i will regret!!

IT IS DONE!!! well mine is...hellvector still has to get his color work done...but it still looks pretty bad balloon. Just thought i'd update. we'll post pictures after a while

:D :D

Alright, mine is half done, and Zel's is finished. Here's a link to the album I uploaded all the pics into.

http://picasaweb.google.com/hellvector/ ... oYiZa-JPw#

Here's a little preview.

[attachment=0]100_1559.JPG[/attachment]

The album has far better pics, but I had to get one small enough to show off here. There are a couple very minor changes from the pics, and the Orange Knight needs a little fixing that will get done when I do the color. All in all though, I'm incredibly happy with the tattoo so far, and I will definitely add more pics as it heals.

Looking forward to getting some opinions. :D

I'm sure I'll get thrashed about the placement for a while, but I had to have room for the rest of what I intend to get done, such as a rather large image of Link from Zelda. It will look a little funny for a while, but in the end it'll work. Also, the apprentice at the shop said I had "the sickest looking tramp stamp ever."

I'm sure I'll get thrashed about the placement for a while, but I had to have room for the rest of what I intend to get done, such as a rather large image of Link from Zelda. It will look a little funny for a while, but in the end it'll work. Also, the apprentice at the shop said I had "the sickest looking tramp stamp ever."

If so, tell them the love off. Also, the more of your back that you get covered, the less likely it is to be called a tramp stamp. In the future, please post with less balloon crack hair! (j/k)

As for the process, what did you think? How did you and Zelinda handle it? As I recall, you were first timers.

Overall, it looks great. I'm impressed with how well the colored line work came out.

Sorry about the crack hair..but you can't get a decent picture without..unless he has his boxers up....lol

but yeah we handled it pretty well...it was mostly annoying...it only really hurt when he was doing the filling in with the color and when he was going over my shoulder blade... but other than that it just felt like a million misquitos stabbing you in the same spot over and over...

i'll have to let hell explain his experience..

Well you guys know all the cliches about how it feels. Yes, it hurt. Was it unbearable? No.

Obviously, having an experienced artist helps a lot. When he's not jerking around being really rough with you, it makes the experience a whole lot better. For my first tattoo, I wanted to start out strong, and I handled it very well. Obviously as he was going over my spine for a few lines, specifically the lightning that the Red Knight is shooting, it was rather unpleasant, but it was a very good experience. It may have been the first, but it definitely won't be the last, that's for sure. Alien Hominid will be added some time in the near future.

Zel mainly just got too psyched up about it. She was going to go first, but once we got there she quickly changed her mind. As I was getting mine done she calmed down and said she was feeling fine, until the time came for her to sit down and wait for him to prep the equipment. She did really well though, just listening to music and channeling it out.

Glad to hear that you guys took it well. Anywhere that starts to get near some sort of bone usually hurts a bit more.

I agree with Zelinda that coloring hurts a bit more. It really just comes down to more needles and covering a larger area of skin.

It seems you've also discovered the downside of tattoos. Once you start, it's really hard to stop.

Alright, mine is half done, and Zel's is finished. Here's a link to the album I uploaded all the pics into.

Here's a little preview.

The album has far better pics, but I had to get one small enough to show off here. There are a couple very minor changes from the pics, and the Orange Knight needs a little fixing that will get done when I do the color. All in all though, I'm incredibly happy with the tattoo so far, and I will definitely add more pics as it heals.

Why would you make minor changes to an OG drawing? Not hating just wondering.

Tat looks awesome thou!

Here's a little preview.

Why would you make minor changes to an OG drawing? Not hating just wondering.

Tat looks awesome thou!

I was just saying there are a couple very minor things that my tattoo artist did slightly different from the picture that Dan made for me. I don't intend to change anything, because I love it the way it is.

It's healing very nicely by the way.