Sign in to follow this  
Guest Soleiyu

Tiny Beholder... erm... thingie

Guest Soleiyu

I came upon this thing called "needle felting" recently and decided to see what it was about... I ended up making an itty-bitty Beholder... or well, attempted to~

It's about the size of a quarter and made of 100% wool: didn't use any glue, marker or anything of that sort. I used to make plushies, but this is soooo much easier I think... no patterns to worry about :lol:

I ended up stabbing my fingers a few times but I'm almost tempted to keep making tiny animal orbs and stuff~ (and no, I'm not a masochist :P )

Zoa Mah Gar

That is really good, i want one. I mean if i had money id PAY for that. its really good.

Where can you get a kit?

Make more.

By make more i mean

Make Monkeyface!

dude yeah!

I actually can see it as a paper weight (no offense)

or as one of those bobbly cheewaawaas.

but nho head it just bounces on a spring, like its floating.

I came upon this thing called "needle felting" recently and decided to see what it was about... I ended up making an itty-bitty Beholder... or well, attempted to~

It's about the size of a quarter and made of 100% wool: didn't use any glue, marker or anything of that sort. I used to make plushies, but this is soooo much easier I think... no patterns to worry about :lol:

I ended up stabbing my fingers a few times but I'm almost tempted to keep making tiny animal orbs and stuff~ (and no, I'm not a masochist :P )

A well attempt you made :D That is very cool. The details on it are lovely! I think you should make more. I'm serious.

Amazing! But I'm afraid that I might crush it by trying to hug that tiny little awesome fuzzball. :(

Please, do more!

Guest Soleiyu

Awww... thanks everyone :)

I just started this needle felting thing a little over a week ago, so I'm still new at it... Currently trying to make things that are a little bigger and learning to keep from poking my fingers as much ;)

ChickenHounk911: You know, I haven't really decided... but I'd like to make a fuzzy troll orb or a yeti orb once I figure stuff out. Maybe the Installball might be a good one to make~ But since Sandmonkey suggested Monkeyface...

Sandmonkey: Monkeyface... hmm~ okies! I'll have to wait on the right color rovings and stuff to get here first though... I mean, unless you don't mind me making a pink monkeyface :P There are a few people selling needle felting kits at etsy.com~ That's where I got my needles and the other stuff I use right now.

Denivire: I was thinking about the keychain thing too... but since these are made of wool, I think it'd be too fragile~ It'd become toooo fuzzy after a while... Maybe as like a Christmas Ornament or... a display piece... maybe :( Though the floating spring thingie Sandmonkey mentioned would be an interesting idea~

I'll see what I can whip up next :)