Sign in to follow this  
derbartman

"the storage device has been removed or the files damaged"

We have recently occasionally been recieving this xbox message that our saved file is damaged or the storage removed. It dumps us out to arcade and then we just try again and it works. Tonight when we try a second time it fails in the same way. This is different than the saved game loss in that we cant start to play at all...

What do I do? please tell me I can save my data!

Try this: Go to the system blade. Then select Memory. Highlight your storage device (but don't click!) now press. X, X, LB, RB, X, X. (or RB LB one of those two) It'll inform you of some maintenance being preformed. Click yes. This will delete corrupted files I believe. Well, hope this helps.

Be aware they are having trouble with this game and at this point in time (it's november and the game was released in august) it seems like the update is probably not going to happen anytime soon. So with that, either its your xbox is due for a repair or you need to delete the file completely and re download it.

Good luck!

Try this: Go to the system blade. Then select Memory. Highlight your storage device (but don't click!) now press. X, X, LB, RB, X, X. (or RB LB one of those two) It'll inform you of some maintenance being preformed. Click yes. This will delete corrupted files I believe. Well, hope this helps.

Be aware they are having trouble with this game and at this point in time (it's november and the game was released in august) it seems like the update is probably not going to happen anytime soon. So with that, either its your xbox is due for a repair or you need to delete the file completely and re download it.

Good luck!

That could fix it but I doubt it all that does is clear your cache which means you gotta redownload all your updates for example the fixed melee in halo 3.

this is odd - I went and deleted the game and re-downloaded it. This fixed it for my son to log in and start a game twice. Then when we both tried it started failing again.

So I went and tried to redownload without deleting (which hadnt worked before) and it worked.. Strange it feels very fragile.

I am praying that this TU will fix this problem also - and it sounds like it should be soon..

Ill try that mainatance thing if I keep having issues - I only hope it doens t delete the saved games if it decideds they are corrupted even though they sometimes work.

I still haven't figured out where they save the progress of CC - I dont see saved games in the memory tab

this is odd - I went and deleted the game and re-downloaded it. This fixed it for my son to log in and start a game twice. Then when we both tried it started failing again.

So I went and tried to redownload without deleting (which hadnt worked before) and it worked.. Strange it feels very fragile.

I am praying that this TU will fix this problem also - and it sounds like it should be soon..

Ill try that mainatance thing if I keep having issues - I only hope it doens t delete the saved games if it decideds they are corrupted even though they sometimes work.

I still haven't figured out where they save the progress of CC - I dont see saved games in the memory tab

CC is saved either in the gamertag or the game itself (which is dumb) it doesnt have its own spot when you look in the memory

And mainatance does not delete data no worries :arrow: see my above post for info on what it does.

ok - I still need to go try this - but one comment on the saved games...

If its with the profile this problem I am having is very strange since I have the message even when I log in with a profile which never played CC before.

Also it cant be with the game I think since I have deleted the game and re-downloaded it, and still have my saved things.

I am very confused where and how this info is saved - and thus how I can move it to another xbox when needed...

Well I did a web search and found it listed as Y X X LB RB X X

This combo did the deed, and strangely I was able to play right after I did it,

but then when we quit out and tried to re-start I was back to the same error message - and re -Y X X... didnt help :(

I guess at this point Im just praying the new TU fixes it - other wise I guess Im totally hosed since deleting the game and different profiles seems to mean nothing to this error.

Ok - it looks like maybe my 360 was going bad. I was getting weird graphics issues in gears2 and rock band - so I sent it in, and switched to my 2nd 360 and I havent had this problem again :)