CastleCrashingGuru

Random Post Forum - Bloob's Children Are Lost

UGH. i feel like its been forever since ive been here. anyways, i just got back from tsukino con in victoria, which is like the third convention ive gone to in the past month. And on a completely unrelated note.......

vaBkZ.jpg

What did I just watch.

Oh I don't know.....

:lol:

So I just signed up for a Netflix one-month trial. I had heard there was a fair bit of anime on there so I was pretty interested

Well, maybe for US members. Netflix UK only has about 20 options, most of which aren't that great (Beyblade yaaaaaaaaay)

To be honest, the only options I'd consider watching are Gurren Lagann and Ghost in the Shell (and I've seen those already :lol: )

So I just signed up for a Netflix one-month trial. I had heard there was a fair bit of anime on there so I was pretty interested

Well, maybe for US members. Netflix UK only has about 20 options, most of which aren't that great (Beyblade yaaaaaaaaay)

To be honest, the only options I'd consider watching are Gurren Lagann and Ghost in the Shell (and I've seen those already :lol: )

lol Did you expect them to have Maid-Sama or Angel Beats or anything else that isn't well known?

Netflix used to be decent, but now it's awful and overpriced.

The on-demand stuff was never good, though. There's barely anything on there.

(Beyblade yaaaaaaaaay)

Let it rip yeeaaahhhhhhhhhh!

Awwww sheeet

EDIT

Also, this video describes my current life almost too well. Only difference is that I actually have to get a lot of work done

Strong language

The best part is when they call the people in Hollywood "not so bright."

I'm assuming this means no one at Fox has ever actually watched Fox News.

EDIT

Also, this video describes my current life almost too well. Only difference is that I actually have to get a lot of work done

Strong language

~Man I should really get some work done

Though I've actually seen that Red Bull car lazing about campus before.

The best part is when they call the people in Hollywood "not so bright."

I'm assuming this means no one at Fox has ever actually watched Fox News.

You're assuming that the people who work there aren't deadly serious to begin with.

I'm pretty sure they hire based on how much of a paranoid nutjob you are.

I went on speedtest.net to check how slow my internet is.

It took 10 minutes to load the background color and some text and I gave up after that.

Strong language

263886_1327178511203.jpg

I got into the DotA 2 beta. Its pretty amazing.

Also I'm really sick of gender stereotypes, especially in games. Men always have to be muscular and as masculine as possible (unless they're an old wizard). Women always have to have over 50% of their skin revealed at all times for some reason. Honestly, scantily clad female characters make me want to play the game less. It seems pathetic. And it also completely breaks any immersion a game has when you see a character in "armor" that only covers a small portion of them.

(I'm not complaining about the characters in DotA, which are actually pretty varied)

Square Enix makes the best Collectibles ever!

LOOK IN THE SPOILER! :evil:

a3fhwi.jpg

2u5wcyd.jpg

2a7em3p.jpg

15rnxap.jpg

25jyxd3.jpg

f9ma2q.jpg

2lw7ytl.jpg

219x43s.jpg

2mfnsm.jpg

v3g935.jpg

10nicup.jpg

34pxpoz.jpg

A

n

d

l

a

s

t

b

u

t

f

a

r

f

r

o

m

l

e

a

s

t

5lqk9f.jpg

And don't forget their Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts Arts!

man i really gotta start being more active on these forums. oh well. anyways, just preordered mass effect 3 through the ps store. way to lazy to go through all that crap when doing it on the puter.

man i really gotta start being more active on these forums.

Not much point seeing as they're almost dead.

The last chance this forum really has is if BBT (if it ever comes out, which doesn't seem likely) attracts a new flock of people who stick around.

Also I'm really sick of gender stereotypes, especially in games. Men always have to be muscular and as masculine as possible (unless they're an old wizard). Women always have to have over 50% of their skin revealed at all times for some reason. Honestly, scantily clad female characters make me want to play the game less. It seems pathetic. And it also completely breaks any immersion a game has when you see a character in "armor" that only covers a small portion of them.

I have to personally agree with you on that. Sometimes when people do that it can feel really obnoxious when they do. Due to this also it feels like we don't get a whole lot of variety in the character designs as they are almost always trying to be those stereotypes. It is pretty hard to find a woman who is fat or who looks actually strong/muscular rather than this near-perfect hourglass shape they all seem to have. Likewise with most males it seems as if they all spend their time in the gym to be physically fit. I just wish designs could be more varied at times because even though those other designs do look just fine, I don't think they should be the only ones that are used rapidly. I understand that people sometimes want to try and make their characters look like how the media or themselves perceives the male/female as good-looking, though in my opinion looks are not the most important part of a character/person and who they are is what really makes them beautiful or ugly. However despite these things they won't stop me from playing a game as long as it is good, no matter how much it does that. It might make me irk at times but it won't ruin the game for me. It is just a pet peeve in the end for me.

However despite these things they won't stop me from playing a game as long as it is good, no matter how much it does that. It might make me irk at times but it won't ruin the game for me. It is just a pet peeve in the end for me.

Its not just body shape, its armor and clothing too.

If you're in a battle, you don't want to be wearing something that only covers 20% of your body (and honestly, most people won't be aiming for that 20%. They'll be going to somewhere easier to hit, like the stomach, legs, or arms.)

However despite these things they won't stop me from playing a game as long as it is good, no matter how much it does that. It might make me irk at times but it won't ruin the game for me. It is just a pet peeve in the end for me.

Its not just body shape, its armor and clothing too.

If you're in a battle, you don't want to be wearing something that only covers 20% of your body (and honestly, most people won't be aiming for that 20%. They'll be going to somewhere easier to hit, like the stomach, legs, or arms.)

Thankfully most AI don't know that thus we're all safe!

On a more serious note I understand that too. Looking at the world of games and such though everything seems to be exaggerated for better or for worse not only in that but in many other things as well (For example if something such as a dragon were to swat at you it wouldn't matter what you were wearing you would get absolutely trashed, if you were shot you wouldn't be able to make it around so easily as if nothing happened, chopping a person with a big axe would gash them severely not just knocking them down in sad defeat, etc). Not everything ends up being realistic but then again sometimes having fun in these unrealistic worlds is what makes games enjoyable at times (Or not). Sometimes they may get unreal to a ridiculous point but I've never been one to mind (When I do mind they are mostly just minor annoyances to me). Realistic yes you wouldn't want to go into a battle wearing hardly anything to protect yourself but I think that in the video game world people are still going to be doing that for a long time no matter what as they have for like, well, ever. It might be stupid at times, but it is nothing that would ruin the gameplay in my opinion. The game-feel possibly, but not the gameplay.

Who changed the name of the RPF? Maybe I still wanted to share recipes. (I don't.)

My birthday is on the 28th.

I changed the title. You got a problem with that, bucko?

And yes, your birthday IS on the 28th. For anyone curious, check this link!