CastleCrashingGuru

Random Post Forum - Bloob's Children Are Lost

So for those who have listened to the new Starbomb album (probably could've just said "IndustrialKnight" instead), what do you think?

I wasn't gonna type up a huge review but I went and did it anyways, so here ya go:

Personally I don't think it compares well at all to the first one, which I listen to pretty frequently when I do work, but it's still decent. There are definitely not as many catchy tunes this time around, and that's what I loved so much about the first one. "Smash" could've been great if the lyrics had been thought out better, but instead it just sounded like awkward chatter over a lukewarm melody. The Transformers one was a crash-and-burn, except for the Starscream segments which actually made me laugh. Anyways my favorite track is probably "Inky's Lament" (I love Dan's "gonna wakka wakka wakk-aWAAAAAY") although "Hero of Rhyme" really made me appreciate Arin's rapping, which is usually the part of their songs I try to drown out. So I was impressed with those two and a few more, like the one about Glass Joe, but a lot of the other tunes were a real swing and a miss for me. The album feels a lot shorter too. (Yeah I know both of their albums are short, but the first one was jam-packed with so much fun that it felt a lot longer.) All in all it's a very okay album, but compared to the original, it falls pretty short. I give it a score of 2.4^e silver spooks out of 6/log(4) platinum ghosts.

And if you don't care about Starbomb, I don't blame ya. I haven't been a fan of GG for a loooong time, and it's really the only thing they do these days that I pay attention to. The first album is pretty good stuff though.

Edited by GoldenGhost
  • Upvote 2

All in all it's a very okay album, but compared to the original, it falls pretty short

Cut the quote to save space, but this one sentence sums up my opinion of the album too. Smash!, The Hero of Rhyme, Glass Joe's Title Fight and The Simple Plot of MGS are great tracks, but the rest can't compete. I do enjoy the shorter comedy-focused tracks like Toad Joins the Band and Inky's Lament, though.

Maybe my opinion will change in time, but either way I'm pretty satisfied with the album right now.

So for those who have listened to the new Starbomb album (probably could've just said "IndustrialKnight" instead), what do you think?

I wasn't gonna type up a huge review but I went and did it anyways, so here ya go:

Personally I don't think it compares well at all to the first one, which I listen to pretty frequently when I do work, but it's still decent. There are definitely not as many catchy tunes this time around, and that's what I loved so much about the first one. "Smash" could've been great if the lyrics had been thought out better, but instead it just sounded like awkward chatter over a lukewarm melody. The Transformers one was a crash-and-burn, except for the Starscream segments which actually made me laugh. Anyways my favorite track is probably "Inky's Lament" (I love Dan's "gonna wakka wakka wakk-aWAAAAAY") although "Hero of Rhyme" really made me appreciate Arin's rapping, which is usually the part of their songs I try to drown out. So I was impressed with those two and a few more, like the one about Glass Joe, but a lot of the other tunes were a real swing and a miss for me. The album feels a lot shorter too. (Yeah I know both of their albums are short, but the first one was jam-packed with so much fun that it felt a lot longer.) All in all it's a very okay album, but compared to the original, it falls pretty short. I give it a score of 2.4^e silver spooks out of 6/log(4) platinum ghosts.

And if you don't care about Starbomb, I don't blame ya. I haven't been a fan of GG for a loooong time, and it's really the only thing they do these days that I pay attention to. The first album is pretty good stuff though.

I actually have not listened to it yet, I am broke so I wasn't able to buy the album, but I do have the first one signed <3

I was going to make a post about how we should ban mad fiddler cause he double posted, but I'm fanboying over him too hard right now to think of a good joke.

• Upvote 1

I thought the first album was surprisingly good based on my low expectations. the only song I've heard from the new one is "Smash!" and it seriously sounds like a mishmash of nothingness and just wasn't funny in the slightest.

I'm seriously feeling pretty down on everything Grump related for a long long time.

Table Flip is their only saving grace right now IMO

This cat guard is a shrine. A user of history and extensive lore. I am happy to be able to revisit this shrine.

How did we live so long without this guy?!?!?!?

• Upvote 1

Childhood PTSD activating

I never heard about that or played it, but most of that would be terrifying af to me as a kid.

• Upvote 1

I'm back after thousands of years. Also, I have a 25 dollar gift card to gamestop, so between Wonderful 101, Animal Crossing new leaf, or a vita, which should I get?

a steam card that you use to buy me steam games with