CastleCrashingGuru

Random Post Forum - Bloob's Children Are Lost

I'm curious if anyone would notice right away if I just randomly Denivired one day, or would I just kinda Fiddler away into nothingness, you know?  I wouldn't want to make a big Zag out of leaving, I'd probably justaglitch leave without saying anything. 

Oh, don't mind me, just pondering existence and stuff like I always do at 11PM CST.

I'm curious if anyone would notice right away if I just randomly Denivired one day, or would I just kinda Fiddler away into nothingness, you know?  I wouldn't want to make a big Zag out of leaving, I'd probably justaglitch leave without saying anything. 

Oh, don't mind me, just pondering existence and stuff like I always do at 11PM CST.

:cry: I'd miss you...

I'm curious if anyone would notice right away if I just randomly Denivired one day, or would I just kinda Fiddler away into nothingness, you know? I wouldn't want to make a big Zag out of leaving, I'd probably justaglitch leave without saying anything.

Well tbh I probably wouldn't notice for like a week or two since you're not around all that often anyways, so it wouldn't be immediate. After a week or two though I would be like "hey where the hell is James?" And then I'd think back to the conversations we had about never being able to know if anyone else here got hurt or something, so I'd probably wonder if you died, and then I'd be like "nah James is a tough cookie, he wouldn't just die". Then I'd probably spend a few more weeks checking every few hours or so to see if you've come online before eventually giving up and then, well... I mean I can't worry forever. You would become another Denivire/Fiddler/justaglitch.

Anyways I wouldnt want you to leave. You're the first (second? third? I dunno) member of the Chuckola Crew and overall you're a fun guy to talk to, plus you're a pretty swell mod. I honestly wish you were around more often, I'm starting to really miss making Chuckola videos because our last one made me realize how much fun it is to just chat with you and Zane. But anyways, hopefully you're not thinking of leaving us or anything. If you ever wanna share your thoughts about "existence and stuff" with someone then hmu on Skype sometime man.

Edited by GoldenGhost
  • Upvote 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDQob4AOCsQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDQob4AOCsQ

Don't either of you two leave us! We need some mods to save us when the forums are in need. and you guys are cool

The forums are so dead that nobody notices when anyone leaves. They just kind of figure they've been doing what they have always been doing, which is not posting.

If James is leaving I'm expecting a well-thought out "Goodbye" thread for me to bash on

Did you even read his post he said he would just kind of dissapear without making a scene. You are literally the worst.

I would like to make a nonspecific insult to each and every one of you. Know now that you should have a feeling of displeasure at my request.

If I ever left I would make some big exciting promise and then just disappear both leaving them wanting more and striking my memory down to a huge d*ck all at the same time. 

This definitely doesn't deserve its own thread or anything, but I just wanted to quickly address the recent death of RoosterTeeth's Monty Oum.

I'll be honest: I don't normally care all that much about animators beyond the content they produce, and rarely am I so interested in a particular animator that I'll conduct research about other work they've done or who they are as a person. While I was watching Red vs Blue and the previews for RWBY, though, I was absolutely blown away by the animation and the fight scenes in particular. To elaborate on the latter, I'm the kind of guy that thinks fight scenes in just about anything are pointless and usually boring, but Monty was like the Jackie Chan of animation: he made fight scenes fun and exciting to watch. I had to know "who the hell is this brilliant animator", and so I went and discovered who Monty is and I took time to look for all of his other work, starting with Haloid. I had mad respect for Monty and I still see him as a role model for what I wanna do. Admittedly I was pretty low-key about my fanboyism for him and I haven't really paid attention to RoosterTeeth for a while now, but then Monty's hospitalization and, ultimately, his death came out of nowhere and now I'm reminded of what a truly incredible guy he was and what a tragedy it is to lose him. I know RoosterTeeth will have a hard time dealing with this and I'm sure the animation team will never be what it was with him around, but that's not to say it won't recover and I still look forward to seeing what they produce. Like I said, I've tuned out of RoosterTeeth for a while now, but I think it's time I revisited their work (and finally actually watched RWBY), for Monty's sake.

• Upvote 1

This definitely doesn't deserve its own thread or anything, but I just wanted to quickly address the recent death of RoosterTeeth's Monty Oum.

I'll be honest: I don't normally care all that much about animators beyond the content they produce, and rarely am I so interested in a particular animator that I'll conduct research about other work they've done or who they are as a person. While I was watching Red vs Blue and the previews for RWBY, though, I was absolutely blown away by the animation and the fight scenes in particular. To elaborate on the latter, I'm the kind of guy that thinks fight scenes in just about anything are pointless and usually boring, but Monty was like the Jackie Chan of animation: he made fight scenes fun and exciting to watch. I had to know "who the hell is this brilliant animator", and so I went and discovered who Monty is and I took time to look for all of his other work, starting with Haloid. I had mad respect for Monty and I still see him as a role model for what I wanna do. Admittedly I was pretty low-key about my fanboyism for him and I haven't really paid attention to RoosterTeeth for a while now, but then Monty's hospitalization and, ultimately, his death came out of nowhere and now I'm reminded of what a truly incredible guy he was and what a tragedy it is to lose him. I know RoosterTeeth will have a hard time dealing with this and I'm sure the animation team will never be what it was with him around, but that's not to say it won't recover and I still look forward to seeing what they produce. Like I said, I've tuned out of RoosterTeeth for a while now, but I think it's time I revisited their work (and finally actually watched RWBY), for Monty's sake.

From what I hear, he was a great guy. A joy to his friends and the definition of hard-working. I'm piggy-backing your quote to post my response, too...since I've been meaning to post it somewhere but wasn't sure where.

I've been following Monty's work since 2008/9, when I found the first Dead Fantasy video on Youtube. I'm fairly certain I posted it here somewhere, gushing over the fast-paced and beautifully animated fight scenes. It blew my mind that just one person could create something of such quality. This was the kind of thing that Monty seemed to pull off again and again. He'd always be posting updates for the show to his deviantART account, and each one would get me more excited than the last. As a fan of RoosterTeeth already by this point, when I learned that Monty had joined the team in 2010 to work on RvB I was pretty damned excited. Since then Monty's work has only gotten better year on year. His show RWBY was even hailed as the first anime to come out of America, being dubbed in Japanese and shown overseas. 

He couldn't have accomplished all this without the amazing support of the RoosterTeeth crew (although I'm sure he'd have tried!) and I'm sure this loss has been a massive blow for the company and his family. My thoughts are with everyone who ever cared about him and his work. Monty will be missed, but not forgotten for a long time.

Hello, I have arrived.

Well, see ya

NOOOOOOOOOO

DON'T LEAVE ME BLOOB SENPAI

• Upvote 1