CastleCrashingGuru

Random Post Forum - Bloob's Children Are Lost

IMO, GDQ hit its peak in 2013/2014. It hasn't been very entertaining for the past couple years.

IMO, GDQ hit its peak in 2013/2014. It hasn't been very entertaining for the past couple years.

I kinda felt that too, but I'm not sure if it's because I was new to it and hadn't seen any speed running before, or because it was actually better.

Anyway, I think they're still doing a great job. The Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze race this Sunday was awesome, and the Mario Maker thing from AGDQ this year was really fun too.

Also that step mania thing, but that might've been ages ago.

Edited by daikonboy101

I'm honestly kind of surprised that I was still able to log on to this account. Had to delete certain things, and it's still fully functional... Huh.

So does anybody else prefer Battleborn to Overwatch?

I'm honestly kind of surprised that I was still able to log on to this account. Had to delete certain things, and it's still fully functional... Huh.

I got to play a slight bit of the beta, but I have to say I wasn't really impressed too much. Maybe it was the character I chose, but I felt like the games pace was a bit slow for my tastes.

I got to play a slight bit of the beta, but I have to say I wasn't really impressed too much. Maybe it was the character I chose, but I felt like the games pace was a bit slow for my tastes.

Can you remember which character you chose?

The game can be slow at times if nobody's doing anything (the matches are 30 mins long tops), but that almost never happens, at least for me.

It is more MOBA-esque, so it's bound to be slow anyways.

Battleborn was a failed concept IMO, they tried to much to bridge the gap of fps and moba. Hope Borderlands 3 makes up for it.

Battleborn was a failed concept IMO, they tried to much to bridge the gap of fps and moba. Hope Borderlands 3 makes up for it.

It's probably gonna go f2p like Evolve did a day ago.

It has a 700 player peak. And they tried to fight Overwatch too.

Honestly I think it was Battleborn's similarities to Borderlands that killed my interest in it. I played the first Borderlands through a bunch with friends, but I never really liked the game for itself. I think all of my enjoyment from that game came from the friends I played it with.

Edited by Chris

uk politics lol am i right

This is not a joke, there is no hope. I hate everything.

Edited by daikonboy101

If you hate everything does that mean you hate Mars Bars?

If you hate everything does that mean you hate Mars Bars?

Sadly, yes. Ever since Theresa May became the prime minister everything started rotting and decaying, including all of the Mars Bars. It made it hard to enjoy them.

Then when she appointed Boris Johnson as the head of the Foreign Office, all of the rotting Mars Bars turned into actual poop.

Edited by daikonboy101

Every year EVO comes and goes. Every year, I try to get into fighting games and fail. 

Every year EVO comes and goes. Every year, I try to get into fighting games and fail. 

This is the first year I've started watching fighting game tournaments. I work most weekends, so I miss a lot of them, but I made sure I caught some of this years EVO finals, and caught up on those I missed. If you want to catch up all the full streams are on the EVO Twitch Channel and shorter clips are available on Youtube on channels like Capcom Fighters and Mortal Kombat Nation. It's never been easier (or more fun) to start watching this stuff than right now because 2016 has been amazing for fighting games so far.

My favourite EVO moment this year was Infiltration dominating Fuudo in the SFV Grand Finals after only closely losing against him in the Winners Final. Infiltration even managed a few perfect rounds in the Grand Finals. :-o

(SonicFox removing his hat to reveal he has a normal human head underneath was a close second)

• Upvote 1

Every single time I read a post I just made it looks really condescending and/or mean and/or ignorant.

Just know that only 97% of it is supposed to.

I'm collecting a list of god-tier DS games that I need to play, so far I have:

-Ghost Trick

-TWEWY

You all should gimme some suggestions, or offer a recommendation on which one to play first. For the sake of simplicity, assume I've never picked up a DS before

-Ghost Trick

-TWEWY

You all should gimme some suggestions, or offer a recommendation on which one to play first. For the sake of simplicity, assume I've never picked up a DS before

Animal Crossing: Wild Worlds is pretty good, Super Mario 64 DS, Dragon Quest IX

• Upvote 1

-Ghost Trick

-TWEWY

Dragon Quest IX is super overlooked in the west imo; FFIII & IV (which are also both good, simple JRPGs) get way more attention over here. DQIX even has a neat co-op feature once you hit the 2nd major town! Only the host can progress the singleplayer story, but both players can level up and collect loot, meaning that once you've both beaten a part of the story mode together you can go back and complete it for the other player much faster. Also the player character is fully customisable in signature Toriyama style.

I'm going to recommend all the Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan games, and Megaman Zero Collection/ZX/ZX Advent. MMZXA is easily the best MMX style action platformer I can think of, but the others I listed are good too.

Is Bowser's Inside Story good? I can remember liking it, but it's been so long and ever since I played Dream Team I've been scared that it's all tutorials.

If it is good, then play that.

Also, did anybody notice that Banjo-Tooie is way, way worse than Banjo-Kazooie? Nobody told me.

-Ghost Trick

-TWEWY

Dragon Quest IX is super overlooked in the west imo; FFIII & IV (which are also both good, simple JRPGs) get way more attention over here. DQIX even has a neat co-op feature once you hit the 2nd major town! Only the host can progress the singleplayer story, but both players can level up and collect loot, meaning that once you've both beaten a part of the story mode together you can go back and complete it for the other player much faster. Also the player character is fully customisable in signature Toriyama style.

I'm going to recommend all the Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan games, and Megaman Zero Collection/ZX/ZX Advent. MMZXA is easily the best MMX style action platformer I can think of, but the others I listed are good too.

Good suggestions so far, I'll check these out too 

Is Bowser's Inside Story good? I can remember liking it, but it's been so long and ever since I played Dream Team I've been scared that it's all tutorials.

If it is good, then play that.

Also, did anybody notice that Banjo-Tooie is way, way worse than Banjo-Kazooie? Nobody told me.

BiS is real good, it's generally considered to be the best in the series after Superstar Saga.

-Ghost Trick

-TWEWY

Radiant Historia is probably the best DS game I've played.

Most likely just my childhood nostalgia, but check out Fossil Fighters (the original). Played it for 500+ hours on my DS as a kid.