CastleCrashingGuru

Random Post Forum - Bloob's Children Are Lost

Dante's Inferno - garbage, and isn't accurate to anything in the history of the world

With that you mean not accurate with the comedy?

The game itself was boring for me, the story got too slow at the last chapters, and the gameplay of ninja gaiden is far better in my opinion

I'm probably gonna ask for a laptop for my birthday and Christmas.
Building a computer is always cheaper than buying it pre made

Although, that desktop does look pretty good, would I be able to build my own that's better/the same at a better price?

I'd also have to get a monitor, though.

yeah im sure building one will be cheaper and better

Although, that desktop does look pretty good, would I be able to build my own that's better/the same at a better price?

Yeah, it probably would be, I just don't know if my parents would want to buy me all the parts :/

Yeah, it probably would be, I just don't know if my parents would want to buy me all the parts :/

Prove to them that it's cheaper.

Find a decently priced computer, then find all the parts and add up the cost.

Dante's Inferno - garbage, and isn't accurate to anything in the history of the world

It's more than that. The grim reaper's in it, everyone he loves goes to hell because of his sins, there are even zombies. I only played the demo, but I can tell that this game isn't historically accurate to any form of Christianity that's ever existed.

It's as if they didn't even try.

It's more than that. The grim reaper's in it, everyone he loves goes to hell because of his sins, there are even zombies. I only played the demo, but

I can tell that this game isn't historically accurate to any form of Christianity that's ever existed.

It's as if they didn't even try.

Well in my opinion it was just "inspired" by the comedy, the game is not historically/comedy accurate that's truth, but i wouldn't say it's a fail, i mean, i doubt the developer was trying to get the story 100% and/or trying to narrate the comedy through the game, i think they were just showing another view or just trying to put what went through their minds when they read the book.

And you are right this game is not historically/christianity accurate, but the question is, where they trying to be accurate?

Well in my opinion it was just "inspired" by the comedy, the game is not historically/comedy accurate that's truth, but i wouldn't say it's a fail, i mean, i doubt the developer was trying to get the story 100% and/or trying to narrate the comedy through the game, i think they were just showing another view or just trying to put what went through their minds when they read the book.

And you are right this game is not historically/christianity accurate, but the question is, where they trying to be accurate?

That's not the reason I didn't like the game. I didn't like it because it felt a bit repetitive, and it's pretty much a failed clone of God of War.

The reason I'm focusing on the story is because it just feels ridiculous at times. The story strays so far away from Dante's Inferno and any historical accuracy in Christianity, it almost feels as if those themes weren't even necessary. Dante's Inferno needs its own game, but this isn't it. They could have just made some guy who runs through hell, but they decided to complicate the story and try to mix in a bunch of strange little themes that don't really work together.

That's not the reason I didn't like the game. I didn't like it because it felt a bit repetitive, and it's pretty much a failed clone of God of War.

Yep. The game itself is not so good

The reason I'm focusing on the story is because it just feels ridiculous at times. The story strays so far away from Dante's Inferno and any historical accuracy in Christianity, it almost feels as if those themes weren't even necessary. Dante's Inferno needs its own game, but this isn't it. They could have just made some guy who runs through hell, but they decided to complicate the story and try to mix in a bunch of strange little themes that don't really work together.

Huh... They were just trying to get more attention (my guess)

I'm trying to find a decent laptop that's not too expensive, and could at least play games at a decent FPS now adays.

Pretty much anything better than this.

Right now, I'm considering:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6532368&csid=ITD&body=MAIN

Cheap, has a big screen (which is a major plus for me), and a better GPU than this thing.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115855

More expensive, has an even better GPU, a smaller screen :/ , and (a major plus, IMO) 1 free RAM slot offering up to 12gb of RAM

Any thoughts/suggestions on what I should look for?

I'll tell you right now, that a big screened laptop is not portable at all.

I got a 17 inch laptop and while it's very comfortable to look at and use, trying to bring it anywhere is a pain in the neck.

If you're going for a big screen and processing/graphical power get a desktop, it'll be cheaper.

(plus, if you can't afford some of the more expensive parts you can upgrade later.

If you're going for portability and convenience get a 15/15.6 inch laptop, it'll be much easier to lug around.

(Plus 15.6 inches is the standard case size for most laptops.)

I'm trying to find a decent laptop that's not too expensive, and could at least play games at a decent FPS now adays.

Pretty much anything better than this.

Right now, I'm considering:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6532368&csid=ITD&body=MAIN

Cheap, has a big screen (which is a major plus for me), and a better GPU than this thing.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115855

More expensive, has an even better GPU, a smaller screen :/ , and (a major plus, IMO) 1 free RAM slot offering up to 12gb of RAM

Any thoughts/suggestions on what I should look for?

I'll tell you right now, that a big screened laptop is not portable at all.

I got a 17 inch laptop and while it's very comfortable to look at and use, trying to bring it anywhere is a pain in the neck.

If you're going for a big screen and processing/graphical power get a desktop, it'll be cheaper.

(plus, if you can't afford some of the more expensive parts you can upgrade later.

If you're going for portability and convenience get a 15/15.6 inch laptop, it'll be much easier to lug around.

(Plus 15.6 inches is the standard case size for most laptops.)

Ehh the one I use with my dad is fine, and it's 17" and it's just fine.

I'm leaning towards a desktop now though, I just wouldn't be able to bring it to my friend's house, which is kinda a disappointment :/

EDIT:

Can someone suggest a not-too-expensive monitor to go with the desktop Xenmas linked?

I'm getting edgy. Super Meatboy's great, but I've been holding onto my points for BBT. Is it going to be out by 2010, or early 2011? I don't want to buy new points again and again.

whoa that's definitively expensive for an lg

/lg hater

I'm getting edgy. Super Meatboy's great, but I've been holding onto my points for BBT. Is it going to be out by 2010, or early 2011? I don't want to buy new points again and again.
Well the main page of this site says 2010

Well i think it is better, i just have had enough of lg , that's just me though

I have an LG monitor.

It's an awful monitor.