CastleCrashingGuru

Random Post Forum - Bloob's Children Are Lost

Could someone explain to me why everyone here hates middle school?

Could be Puberty.

Could be all the kids now just discovering the perverted jokes and abusing them like /b/tards abuse internet memes.

And of course this is when they discover more about themselves and drugs.

Could be Puberty.

I don't see what the big deal is, so is everyone else.

Could be all the kids now just discovering the perverted jokes and abusing them like /b/tards abuse internet memes.

Anyone who still says that's what she said at my school usually doesn't have any friends.

And of course this is when they discover more about themselves and drugs.

You said that the reason you got the week off was because you were French.

I go to a French school.

So does Tyndras.

We've been together since kindergarten, and probably will be until the end of high school, because we're going to the same high school as the school that hosted lower and middle school.

You said that the reason you got the week off was because you were French.

I go to a French school.

So does Tyndras.

We've been together since kindergarten, and probably will be until the end of high school, because we're going to the same high school as the school that hosted lower and middle school.

I see, that's interesting.

I don't know Tyndras, probably because he's a forum veteran and I'm a forum noob.

I see, that's interesting.

I don't know Tyndras, probably because he's a forum veteran and I'm a forum noob.

Why, hello there, a forum noob.

Welcome to the Forums! :D

HERE BE WALL OF TEXT

There are many reasons for a kid to hate Middle School. You're taking a bunch of previously uneducated kids and putting them all together in a boring environment 8 hours a day, five days a week. They can't take it out on the teachers, so they take it out on each other. Having one hour (max) of break/lunch each day isn't going to help squat. Doesn't matter if they get to do fingerpaints every so often. They'll still have to do timed math tests and have to learn cursive.

I dare you to dig deep inside your mind and try to find a happy memory about learning cursive. No such thing exists.

Not to mention, for the less-physical folks (I'm guessing many of us apply), PE was a possible nightmare-starter. There are students who go out of their way to make everybody's lives miserable, there are teachers who just don't care, and then there are teachers who have no idea what they're talking about or why they do what they do (I had a stunning amount of these).

People treat middle school years as if they were the best years of their lives because they remember their friends, they remember playing foursquare, they remember Christmas parties, and they remember pizza days.

They don't remember Boris, the 6-foot tall first grade bully with more teeth than IQ points. They don't remember having to sit in class 2 hours a day learning how to make uppercase Qs look like deformed 2s. They don't remember having to do homework and write essays. They don't remember having to wake up at 6 in the morning to abandon the next 8 hours of their day on garbage they most likely didn't want to deal with. They may wish to go back to the 'simpler life', yet many of them don't remember how much they hated the simpler life back then. Doesn't matter how simple or enjoyable it would be for you today. For a young kid with a short attention span and hate for anything that doesn't involve fun (which school very well isn't), that educational building felt more like Arkham Asylum each and every day.

This is one of the reasons why I hate it when people obsess over nostalgia. It's fine if you want to remember all the good times you had in Middle School, but when you start comparing the best moments of those 8 years with the garbage that's happened to you in the last week, of course Middle School's going to sound better!

Try to remember having to wake up and go to school. If given the choice, without having to face the appropriate repercussions, how many days would you have chosen to spend at home instead?

If the best years of my life were in Middle School, I'd just give up now. Same goes for High School and College.

Middle school sucked for pretty much everybody (unless you're part of that lucky group of kids in the school bus who got saved by Spiderman that one time), generally for different reasons, depending on which school they went to and who their classmates/teachers were.

Now, I know I'm rambling on like that crazy hobo who lives at the bus stop near your house (that's me, by the way), but this part's actually quite informative, so you should totally read it.

According to science, the average person becomes more and more depressed as time goes on 0-10 years after they finish college. This goes all the way up until they reach age 50 or 60 or some age range I don't remember, then they just start getting happier until they become violent happiness-explosive old people. People spend the first 25 years of their lives growing up. They spend the next 35 years being depressed because their current lives couldn't possibly compare to their biased view of the most perfectest quarter-century anybody's ever experienced. As they get older, their good years are overshadowed by their bad years, and they're happy just to be alive because at least they're not dealing with the most worstest 35 years anybody's ever experienced. Then they die and there's no more time for any of that silly nostalgia.

The secret to happiness could very well differ depending on who you are, but for me, all I have to do is hate or forget my entire past and look to the future to make my present seem delicious. Then, whenever my brain even starts to consider being depressed about the past, I reflect on all the good times. Don't let nostalgia tell you how to feel! You have to control nostalgia. You have to harness its power. Nostalgia wants you to give up. It wants to convince you that you can never be as happy as you used to be. IT WANTS TO KILL YOU FROM THE INSIDE :x

Okay, that's it for me. Quick disclaimer, most of the stuff I typed here comes from personal experience and pure speculation. I could very well be wrong. As long as I've left you thinking, mission accomplished. I've now posted two huge nostalgia-themed rants in two different threads, neither of which are the Nostalgia Thread. There's something horribly wrong with me. :|

I can't wait to be an old guy so that I can force children to listen to my ramblings for hours on end.

LOL.

The joys of being a school child... :P

Enjoy it while it lasts cause after, you get to pay bills and do outside-your-home-work. :D

ENJOY NOTHING!

School is continuous torture. Most adults don't seem to remember how painful and annoyingly dull it used to be as a child. I pity anyone who considers those years to be the best of their lives.

If people didn't limit themselves so much, they wouldn't envy the past as often.

Yeah, that's right, I'm being poetic and stuff. I just really hate school.

I don't know, I actually kinda enjoy school. Currently I have some really awesome teachers who are great to be around however they still give us the education we need, and thankfully in terms of being jerks most people here aren't and are extremely nice for the most part. At first when I was quite young I felt like learning and such was a bland chore, however as I started to get more into it I felt as if everything has a point to it and is worth learning, and due to that I feel like I am going so much more out of school than I ever was before now that I let in things that may have not been of interest, and doing so has actually made me eager to know more about them. (It also helps my creative side quite a lot) However school experience to me depends a whole lot on your peers and how your teachers are/teach as I said, and there is a good chance I'll sadly be moving out of Japan soon. I just hope this new school I am going to is as enjoyable as my current one, and not ridden with cruel people.

Does anyone want to move to Compton, California, USA with me?

Okay, so I just learned what the hell Bearstew is, now what the hell is a Compton?

EDIT: I looked it up on Google and it looks like the most boring place in the bloody world. Why the hell would you want to move there. Out of all the huge-balloon cities in California.

Edit:

I don't know why, maybe so I could join a gang.

I did this before you edited your post.

Does anyone want to move to Compton, California, USA with me?

Okay, so I just learned what the hell Bearstew is, now what the hell is a Compton?

Don't know if you're being serious, but...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compton,_California

TL;DR: It's a place with a lot of gangs and violence.

Warning: Strong Language

Have fun ruining your life.

You'll end up with a bullet through your head.

Straight outta Compton...

Straight outta Compton...

Who me?

I live in a gang-infested neighborhood, and it screws up a lot for me.

How am I going to theme my avatar to look like Dan?

Basically what I'm asking, what makes Dan, Dan?

Edit: Thanks Roy, but I meant how would I turn Dan into an awesome smiley.

Thanks Roy, but I meant how would I turn Dan into an awesome smiley.

Cut out the eyes and smile, put them over Dan's eyes and mouth. Or, have someone else do it, because you only have an iPod Touch.