CastleCrashingGuru

Random Post Forum - Bloob's Children Are Lost

Veteran's Day in the USA was originally known as Armistice Day. It was declared a few years after suggestion (1947 - 1954) to become Veteran's Day, honoring all American veterans who have fought in wars throughout the nation's history.

I'm not much of a fan of the change, but I can see the sentiment. In comparison, we already Memorial Day, which honors those who have fallen in the line of duty.

It just feels like it became a very self-centric holiday.

Thanks for sharing something THAT I ALREADY KNEW, BUB.

Veteran's Day in the USA was originally known as Armistice Day. It was declared a few years after suggestion (1947 - 1954) to become Veteran's Day, honoring all American veterans who have fought in wars throughout the nation's history.

I'm not much of a fan of the change, but I can see the sentiment. In comparison, we already Memorial Day, which honors those who have fallen in the line of duty.

It just feels like it became a very self-centric holiday.

Thanks for sharing something THAT I ALREADY KNEW, BUB.

It was supposed to be a reply to the mild confusion a few posts above. I forgot to use quotes.

burning poppies and pposting the pic on facebook in britian is illegal lol wtf

Burning the American flag is illegal, but if one touches the ground, you send it in to these people that work for the government to take care of it. They just burn it. Ummm...wut?

There was just a really nasty fire right at the end of the block.

The entire street is covered in a really thick cloud of smoke and ash.

Scary.

Scary.

Yeahhh...The party got out of control in Minnesota, and we actually got BANNED from the entire STATE! So we went to your neighborhood.

It was in the news, my parents called me to tell me it was in the news even in Scotland. Oh and if no one noticed I got to the party a bit late, Koen told me I missed quite a lot. Wha' 'appen'? Oh and don't worry everyone, I didn't have any of the drugs or alcohol, you guys were kind enough to get some soft drinks.

Edited by daikonboy101

Scary.

Yeahhh...The party got out of control in Minnesota, and we actually got BANNED from the entire STATE! So we went to your neighborhood.

Except the fire was real, and the entire city is made of wood and my house could've burned down if I didn't live next to a fire station.

Scary.

Except the fire was real, and the entire city is made of wood and my house could've burned down if I didn't live next to a fire station.

Oh, well, that just darkened the mood a bit.

I remember one time a house near my place caught on fire. It was around early December I think and it was snowing. It kind of sucked for the people but I always found it funny how people just casually walked around to see the house burn with some hot chocolate, in there bathrobes, someone even set up a lawn chair.

I remember one time a house near my place caught on fire. It was around early December I think and it was snowing. It kind of sucked for the people but I always found it funny how people just casually walked around to see the house burn with some hot chocolate, in there bathrobes, someone even set up a lawn chair.

That's sad

That's sad

Yeah, did no one consider phoning the fire department?

That's sad

Well I was kind of implying that the fire department was already there, my bad on that one. It still didn't really make it any better though. I don't blame the family for moving after we all just kind of sat there and watched a house burn.

That's sad

Well I was kind of implying that the fire department was already there, my bad on that one. It still didn't really make it any better though. I don't blame the family for moving after we all just kind of sat there and watched a house burn.

I don't think that's the reason they left...

That's sad

They left because they wanted to come to my huge Thanksgiving break party!

I was talking more about the fact that they didn't have a house there.

I was talking more about the fact that they didn't have a house there.

Oh, there house didn't burn to the ground or anything. I think they even repaired the house before they moved out.