CastleCrashingGuru

Random Post Forum - Bloob's Children Are Lost

Why does no one use colored text anymore?

Because it's harder on the eyes and generally annoys everyone except for a select few people who also use colored text. It would be like me randomly using subscript and superscript.

EDIT: Apparently subscript and superscript don't work. I suppose that's for the best.

Edited by Bloob

I would, but I'm afraid of annyoing other people all the time.

It's too late for that GameFemale.

I know it is. :(

If anyone else said this, I might chuckle.

But coming out of you, it just sounds mean.

If anyone else said this, I might chuckle.

But coming out of you, it just sounds mean.

I know right?  Well, I would have thought it was mean regardless, but still.

I do use colored text. This is called black my friend, and it IS a color.

Edited by T Diamond

20.jpg

am i doing it rite

no your doing it rong

oh sorry

HOLY LOLZ

Edited by Turkey

Regardless of whether you're just trying to bait someone into saying this, black is actually the absence of color.

Regardless of whether you're just trying to bait someone into saying this, black is actually the absence of color.

In that case, can someone explain to me why "black" people are called "coloured" people? wouldn't white people be the coloured ones(since white is all colours combined)?

In that case, can someone explain to me why "black" people are called "coloured" people? wouldn't white people be the coloured ones  (since white is all colours combined)  ?

wait-wut-jpg.jpg

White light is red, green and blue light combined. In terms of paint or pretty much anything other than light black is the result of colors being combined.

Also who still says colored?

In that case, can someone explain to me why "black" people are called "coloured" people? wouldn't white people be the coloured ones(since white is all colours combined)?

The word "colored" used to define a black person is a typical product of political correctness, and, to a lesser extent, white guilt. I know the situation with america is complicated with all that social justice stuff going on and the struggle african american had to go through to obtain equality, but from a European point of view there's nothing wrong with calling people "black" or "white".

Here, people who try too hard to be politically correct are generally made fun of, and I've never had any backlash when defining myself as "white" in front of the blacks and arabians I frequent. Discussing the topic of colors and cultures without any taboos is something that seems granted, to me. This can backfire, like that one time I got banned from an american minecraft server for making a joke about a player's avatar's skin color (in case you wonder, the joke was devoid of any stereotypes, and revolved around them appearing to be "camouflaged" by standing near a pile of dirt).

I don't blame american people's obliviousness toward second degree humor as much as Ryziq's presence for this one. Our very own Ryziq which the veterans among you might remember from here just so happened to be a mod on this server I picked at random, and he appeared to be pretty flustered about a conversation we had previously had.

Oh yeah, and there was also the fact that I had been griefing using poorly coded console commands for a couple hours before that happened. Minecraft alpha, those were the days.

But all of this to say, I can feel that americans tend to be pretty serious about racism. Perhaps a bit too much, actually. But I'd rather have that than a constant climate of passive aggressive discrimination over petty racial issues. Not that I would be concerned by that issue: I'm very white myself, with only europeans ancestors, all of them french for the last two or three generationsI've actually been the target of xenophobic insults a few times. It was pretty funny seeing people getting all worked up over the fact that I was from a different continent as them. Then I went to have ice cream, and it was really good. Man I wish I had ice cream right now.

White light is red, green and blue light combined. In terms of paint or pretty much anything other than light black is the result of colors being combined.

People who liked to get the crap beaten out of them.  As a comedian once said to a black man: "Why do you call yourselves black?  You're more brown than black." to which he replied "Why do you call yourselves white?  You're more pink than white."

*actually knows a lot of people who still say colored, and feels awkward about this*

I never get when people say this.  If you ask me, anything that you can see has color. I mean, you wouldn't say a black computer is missing color, because you can see it's exterior design.

I consider Alpha to be the absence of color.

I never get when people say this.  If you ask me, anything that you can see has color. I mean, you wouldn't say a black computer is missing color, because you can see it's exterior design.

Any black we see isn't true black. Anything that has a reflection and is visible is a light to our eyes.

See, if you take a bunch of Crayola markers and mix them all together, you'll get a dark, or black-ish color. That's because it's the pigment that creates a "black". So anything dark we see just has more pigment. 

Edited by FEL