CastleCrashingGuru

Random Post Forum - Bloob's Children Are Lost

Hey everyone, I want to share some news with you guys. I was hoping I’d never have to do this, but lately I’ve felt like I need to, so I just want to let you all know what’s up. (I don't really know where to post this and I don't wanna perpetuate the bad behavior of making threads for this kind of thing, so I'm just posting it here.)

I’ve left the Skype chat and I’m going to be spending a lot less time around here. I’m deciding to do this because I need to focus on college and my personal aspirations. Lately my grades in college have taken a plummet, and this in combination with the empty feeling of not doing anything productive with my life has made me very confused about what I’m working towards. To remedy this, I’m removing myself from my main time-consumers so I can focus on what I need to be focusing on, namely bringing my grades back up and hopefully starting towards something great in my future. For those who don’t know, I’m currently studying game design and I want to be designing experiences for future technologies like AR and VR, so I need to be working hard to learn and study so I can have a successful career. I’m hoping to go to DigiPen next year (*gasp* that’s where Sushi goes!) so I can focus my studies entirely on game design, and in order to put my full effort into my passion, I need to be able to put everything else aside. Hopefully you guys understand.

The thought of separating myself from you guys is painful; you’ve all been great friends to me and it hurts a lot to have to force myself away from you all. This is what I need though, and I’m making this announcement to let you all know that, although I’m going to be around less frequently and I might disappear from here completely someday, I will not forget the great friends I’ve made here. This is a fantastic community of friends, support, and creativity, and every minute I’ve spent here has been a pleasant one. I will not forget the fact that you guys thought I deserved User of the Year last year; it means so much to know that you guys appreciated me being around. I was going to mention on that thread that any one of you guys could’ve won that award and I would’ve been happy for you, because you all contribute something to this great community and I’m proud to be among you all.

So thanks again for having me around for my 2+ years here, and I’ll do my best to stay active weekly (at the very least). I don’t think I could bear to just completely separate myself from you guys. I’m also planning on staying with Chuckola Comms, for those who are interested, so you’ll still get to see (or rather, hear) me there if you watch that. But to my buddies on Skype, this is goodbye. I don’t plan on ever returning to the Skype chat and I’ve abandoned my Skype account in general, so don’t bother messaging me there. I’ve had a great time there though; I had a lot of fun playing games with people and chatting with you all. So wish me luck, and thanks for all of the fun times  :-)

• Upvote 8

That definitely should be in the serioustown thread.

Anyways, it's nice to hear that you know what goals you have set up, and how you believe you can achieve them. Planning ahead is another one of your many talents you exceed at, something I'm unable to do.

I wish you luck, Joyner. Sorry for dragging you down recently.

-Morgan

Edited by MorgLikesGames
  • Upvote 1

Hey everyone, I want to share some news with you guys. I was hoping I’d never have to do this, but lately I’ve felt like I need to, so I just want to let you all know what’s up. (I don't really know where to post this and I don't wanna perpetuate the bad behavior of making threads for this kind of thing, so I'm just posting it here.)

I’ve left the Skype chat and I’m going to be spending a lot less time around here. I’m deciding to do this because I need to focus on college and my personal aspirations. Lately my grades in college have taken a plummet, and this in combination with the empty feeling of not doing anything productive with my life has made me very confused about what I’m working towards. To remedy this, I’m removing myself from my main time-consumers so I can focus on what I need to be focusing on, namely bringing my grades back up and hopefully starting towards something great in my future. For those who don’t know, I’m currently studying game design and I want to be designing experiences for future technologies like AR and VR, so I need to be working hard to learn and study so I can have a successful career. I’m hoping to go to DigiPen next year (*gasp* that’s where Sushi goes!) so I can focus my studies entirely on game design, and in order to put my full effort into my passion, I need to be able to put everything else aside. Hopefully you guys understand.

The thought of separating myself from you guys is painful; you’ve all been great friends to me and it hurts a lot to have to force myself away from you all. This is what I need though, and I’m making this announcement to let you all know that, although I’m going to be around less frequently and I might disappear from here completely someday, I will not forget the great friends I’ve made here. This is a fantastic community of friends, support, and creativity, and every minute I’ve spent here has been a pleasant one. I will not forget the fact that you guys thought I deserved User of the Year last year; it means so much to know that you guys appreciated me being around. I was going to mention on that thread that any one of you guys could’ve won that award and I would’ve been happy for you, because you all contribute something to this great community and I’m proud to be among you all.

So thanks again for having me around for my 2+ years here, and I’ll do my best to stay active weekly (at the very least). I don’t think I could bear to just completely separate myself from you guys. I’m also planning on staying with Chuckola Comms, for those who are interested, so you’ll still get to see (or rather, hear) me there if you watch that. But to my buddies on Skype, this is goodbye. I don’t plan on ever returning to the Skype chat and I’ve abandoned my Skype account in general, so don’t bother messaging me there. I’ve had a great time there though; I had a lot of fun playing games with people and chatting with you all. So wish me luck, and thanks for all of the fun times  :-)

I'll keep that User of the Year award warm for ya.

It's always sad to see a long-time member of the forums go, and I'm not gonna lie, I cried a little reading that. However, I do understand there is a reasoning behind the departure and I hope you will succeed in college and your game designing career. I'll always be right here if you need ideas.

Not to rain on this parade, but I think this kinda stuff is pretty dumb, the whole "I'm leaving, so it's time for you all to miss me" thing.

It's just not worth it really, if you have people on here that you're close with then send them PMs or something, if not, just leave, if you've made an impact on the forums then some day somebody in RPF will say "Hey, whatever happened to _____, I miss that guy..."

It's silly to just burn bridges like this anyway... I left, then 1-2 years later I came back, never once did I say I'm leaving, because your account will always be here, waiting for your return, and I think it's short-sighted to say that you will no longer be here when you could very well wind up missing it and come back, because we're like a huge dysfunctional family here, and even when you're sick of family, you see them every once in awhile because they are family..... but eh, regardless you shouldn't say "Done with their games" because, hey, Game 4 might be something you love, and as far as I know TB hasn't done anything to offend a major religion or race, so there's no reason to swear off their games, as tired as I am of their three games I patiently await their next gem, as should you, as it's sure to be of top quality.

(Let me just clarify that I'm not attempting to criticize Memor at all here, just stating my opinion about these types of posts) 

But anyway, yeah, it is always sad when someone leaves, every time it feels like a part of an era slipping into mere history, paving way for the unknowns of a future yet to come. Goodbye GoldenGhost/Grant/Joybuzzer64, I'm sure you won't be forgotten (anytime soon), and good luck making friends in another family. 

Best of luck with your studies, m8, I'm rootin' for ya!

P.S. I'll talk to ya next time we record  ;-)

• Upvote 3

Not to rain on this parade

Here we go again, I didn't even have to read that giant paragraph to know where you were going with this. I don't mean to disrespect your opinion or anyone else's for that matter, but you going like 'I think the whole I'm leaving thing is dumb, its not worth it, your account will always be here' and the rest of the blah blah blah every single time someone leaves is getting quite annoying. Again, not disrespecting your opinion or anyone else's, just giving you my thoughts.

TL;DR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWLqqswCcyE

Here we go again, I didn't even have to read that giant paragraph to know where you were going with this. I don't mean to disrespect your opinion or anyone else's for that matter, but you going like 'I think the whole I'm leaving thing is dumb, its not worth it, your account will always be here' and the rest of the blah blah blah every single time someone leaves is getting quite annoying. Again, not disrespecting your opinion or anyone else's, just giving you my thoughts.

TL;DR

This is what is commonly referred to as a running gag, or rather, a repeated joke.

If you want me to be serious, I've already talked to him about this and I actually encouraged him to go through with it, so it's not like I actually think he's making a bad decision here.

• Upvote 2

TL;DR

This is what is commonly referred to as a running gag, or rather, a repeated joke.

If you want me to be serious, I've already talked to him about this and I actually encouraged him to go through with it, so it's not like I actually think he's making a bad decision here.

So you were joking about the whole 'I'm leaving is a bad idea' thing every time someone leaves? I'm so confused now....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48_S5WpHIXE

First of all take a joke GameFemale, I highly doubt Zane meant any disrespect (I liked how Memor's name is still in there)

And even though I already PM'd Grant earlier today when he first posted this, I'd still like to point out that I am going to miss him like no other, even though he may come back eventually, it still truly hit me when I read this, his advice changed and saved my life, and there will be no other like him. I wish you luck Grant.

Hey everyone, I want to share some news with you guys...
I kinda' understand what you're feeling since I went through the same kind of thing a few years back (although when I left, I kind of just went completely inactive for like 2/3 years without letting anyone know).

Hopefully we see you around every now and again, and if not (because plans often go awry), hopefully we see you around sometime eventually!

Good luck with everything, man. Work hard and you'll get wherever it is you want to go!  :-D

Yikes, I'm sorry to here that, you were a great guy, and were/is my role model here, and I hope maybe we can talk one day, or maybe in a few years if you ever decide to ever move to Redmond for college, we could hang. Anyways, I wish you the best of luck Grant, and we will all miss you,

~ Michael

</3 i miss u already

Edited by Cat Guard

My first and probably only creation using Flipnote Studio 3D, as you can tell I am quite the artist

XLHkVwP.gif

I was originally meaning for it to be Yoshi saying "Hurr Hurr Durr, I just bought a Wii U" but it just kinda became this when I started drawing

• Upvote 5