CastleCrashingGuru

Random Post Forum - Bloob's Children Are Lost

Not really anything funny, but something interesting to me was the selection of cut characters that were meant to be in Smash Bros. Melee:

Wario was going to be in as a fan favorite, but Bowser and Peach had a higher priority on the development schedule, and Sakurai thought including him would over represent the Mario series. But he would have been included, if he had more time to make the game.

Lucas was going to be in Melee as a replacement for Ness, but because Mother 3 was stuck in development hell on the failed 64DD, they kept Ness in.

Snake and Sonic were both going to be in at the request of Hideo Kojima and Yuji Naka respectively, but by the time they asked, Melee was late in development.

Balloon Fighter, Urban Champion, Bubbles from Clu Clu Land and Excitebike were all considered for the role of retro representative, but the Ice Climbers were chosen in the end.

James Bond from Goldeneye007 was going to be in, but due to licensing issues and use of firearms, he was cut. Banjo Kazooie was also considered but faced similar licensing issues.

Ayumi Tachibani and Takumaru were going to be in Melee as well, but nobody in the West heard of their games, so they were dropped. Didn't stop Marth and Roy from being included, however.

How different would the game be if they were included?

• Upvote 1

Not really anything funny, but something interesting to me was the selection of cut characters that were meant to be in Smash Bros. Melee:

Wario was going to be in as a fan favorite, but Bowser and Peach had a higher priority on the development schedule, and Sakurai thought including him would over represent the Mario series. But he would have been included, if he had more time to make the game.

Lucas was going to be in Melee as a replacement for Ness, but because Mother 3 was stuck in development hell on the failed 64DD, they kept Ness in.

Snake and Sonic were both going to be in at the request of Hideo Kojima and Yuji Naka respectively, but by the time they asked, Melee was late in development.

Balloon Fighter, Urban Champion, Bubbles from Clu Clu Land and Excitebike were all considered for the role of retro representative, but the Ice Climbers were chosen in the end.

James Bond from Goldeneye007 was going to be in, but due to licensing issues and use of firearms, he was cut. Banjo Kazooie was also considered but faced similar licensing issues.

Ayumi Tachibani and Takumaru were going to be in Melee as well, but nobody in the West heard of their games, so they were dropped. Didn't stop Marth and Roy from being included, however.

How different would the game be if they were included?

I am kinda glad wario didn't get added, I'm sure he would look.. really weird to say the least. But if he was added, or any other characters were added, it would definitely be a whole different game today. 

NoA just dropped some juicy info on their Twitter:

-NX confirmed release date is March 2017

-new LoZ will be released in 2017 on both Wii U and NX simultaneously, and it will be the focus of their E3 event

-Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem mobile apps coming in the future

-Baby Metal coming to Super Mario Maker (JPN Twitter)

Also there's currently a "Friends of Nintendo" Humble Bundle going on with indie/3rd-party games on 3DS and Wii U being sold for amazingly cheap, so check that out

• Upvote 3

NoA just dropped some juicy info on their Twitter:

-NX confirmed release date is March 2017

Also there's currently a "Friends of Nintendo" Humble Bundle going on with indie/3rd-party games on 3DS and Wii U being sold for amazingly cheap, so check that out

Holy moly, such excite

Gave me a great excuse to finally get SSFIV and Rhythm Thief on my 3DS. SSFIV3D online is broken as hell. You can just map supers to the bottom screen and tap/spam your way to victory. Rhythm Thief has great mini-games, but the rest of the game is kind of boring. The animation is neat, though, and looks even better in 3D. I was going to post an example...but I couldn't find any decent footage on Youtube :c

So I brought an original 3DS 4 years ago pre-owned including SD card and transferred all the data over from it to my New 3DS XL. Skip to present day the first time I go on re-download option there are literally 21 NES and GBA games that the previous owner must have bought on the SD card. Always check second hand SD Cards.

post-18110-0-57212500-1461859890_thumb.jpg

Edited by AdamBRT
  • Upvote 1

So I brought an original 3DS 4 years ago pre-owned including SD card and transferred all the data over from it to my New 3DS XL. Skip to present day the first time I go on re-download option there are literally 21 NES and GBA games that the previous owner must have bought on the SD card. Always check second hand SD Cards.

I'm so jealous of your luck. I still can't believe you didn't find them earlier!

One of my favorite games of this generation, D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is now on sale on Steam for a little under $5.

While I recommend playing it using a Kinect 2.0 on the Xbox One all-in-one entertainment system®, the steam version will suffice in experiencing all of its wacky humor and engaging storytelling. Go buy it, go play it, and maybe if enough of you do then Swery will finally release Season 2.

Also go finish Deadly Premonition right now.

Also hey guys.    

• Upvote 3

One of my favorite games of this generation, D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is now on sale on Steam for a little under $5.

While I recommend playing it using a Kinect 2.0 on the Xbox One all-in-one entertainment system®, the steam version will suffice in experiencing all of its wacky humor and engaging storytelling. Go buy it, go play it, and maybe if enough of you do then Swery will finally release Season 2.

Also go finish Deadly Premonition right now.

Also hey guys.    

Oh my god it's a ghost, I didn't know the forums were haunted! begone, spirit! 

Also I need like 7 more likes over the next 60 or so posts so that'll be cool.

I brokeded the lobby system the first time I joined one in the new GuiltyGear :c

Other than that, great game. Actually, I also take issue with the slight increase in graphical bloom on the character models...but other than that, great game.

My Xbox 360 that I've had for 2 years just got the red ring.

Do Microsoft still repair those for free? I had a few 360s die on me over the years, but tech support always told us to send them off for repair, free of charge.

My Xbox 360 that I've had for 2 years just got the red ring.

Do Microsoft still repair those for free? I had a few 360s die on me over the years, but tech support always told us to send them off for repair, free of charge.

I don't know. It's fixed now, though, and I didn't need them. 

did the front page get redesigned suddenly 

I know right?? something werid is going down =/

I thought I was the only one! I wonder what's going on here.