Sign in to follow this  
Lt Zealotic

Give me my 1200 MS points back or actually HELP US, BEHEMOTH

Plus, two player with someone on your friendslist with good ping can still play, so the online isnt completely crap.

Oh really? I love how the "defenders" of Castle Crasher's quality can speak on behalf of all user experiences. For instance, I can't play 2 player online (me and a friend), without a constant "stutter" every 3 seconds. A few levels in, and the game boots us out - every single time.

I didn't purchase the game to play solo. And if I can't play 2 players, you can sure as hell bet I can't play 4. I'm glad I didn't spend enough time in this game after having to deal with the online lag to find out that my save game could just get wiped out. That woulduv been a real hoot...

Defective. Product. Period.

Christ, I wish I could return my Gears of War 2 as well, since the multiplayer matchmaking system is basically broken. But sadly, the "No Returns" policy the industry hides behind strikes again. At least with Epic, they provide an FAQ of their known issues and a tentative patch release schedule...

Que sera sera.

Erm, they released a TU that addresses the matchmaking issues. It takes me only a few seconds to find a game now.

We know the games buggy. Big deal. You saw it said no refunds when you made the purchase.

You lose. Now either enjoy the offline portions or just..go away and play something you think "works". It's really not fair to continue to puppy about the same thing over and over again! There are lots of games on the xbox 360 (or other consoles you have) that "deserve" your attention [:

Besides, before i buy a game i generally wait until i see the reviews. I knew gears 2 had matchmaking issues, but i bought it because co-op works just fine. The fault has been widely mentioned in reviews, forums and the like. Why didn't you wait and check up on it before making the non refundable purchase? Surely if you were aware that money cannot be returned, you'd be more careful?

Plus, two player with someone on your friendslist with good ping can still play, so the online isnt completely crap.

Oh really? I love how the "defenders" of Castle Crasher's quality can speak on behalf of all user experiences. For instance, I can't play 2 player online (me and a friend), without a constant "stutter" every 3 seconds. A few levels in, and the game boots us out - every single time.

I didn't purchase the game to play solo. And if I can't play 2 players, you can sure as hell bet I can't play 4. I'm glad I didn't spend enough time in this game after having to deal with the online lag to find out that my save game could just get wiped out. That woulduv been a real hoot...

Christ, I wish I could return my Gears of War 2 as well, since the multiplayer matchmaking system is basically broken. But sadly, the "No Returns" policy the industry hides behind strikes again. At least with Epic, they provide an FAQ of their known issues and a tentative patch release schedule...

Que sera sera.

So you're calling TB unreliable for not giving a specific date for the TU?

Let's put you in their shoes.

You are getting billions and billions of emails about the TU.

MS still has to verify the patch to see if it accepts.

You are constantly getting harrased by people who wants the DLC and TU immediately.

Epic is a big company dating since 1991. They know how to deal with crappy online play now.

This is TB's first game featuring match making.

They are still a fairly new company.

Since this is their first game with online VS, they don't know what to do, since this is their first major problem.

And their server could only hold so much. They never anticipated so many people playing CC online.

And so, CC's online falls apart because of the flooded server. When people realize this, the behemoth's website is overloaded with people, crashing their server and they spent months repairing it.

Now here's why you can't compare Epic to TB.

Epic makes games for a living.

TB was just made when someone suggested that Alien Hominid was made into a video game.

Epic is large.

TB is small.

Now tell me, can you still shove the errors right into them?

Are you willing to harass them further?

Que sera sera.

So you're calling TB unreliable for not giving a specific date for the TU?

Let's put you in their shoes.

You are getting billions and billions of emails about the TU.

MS still has to verify the patch to see if it accepts.

You are constantly getting harrased by people who wants the DLC and TU immediately.

Epic is a big company dating since 1991. They know how to deal with crappy online play now.

This is TB's first game featuring match making.

They are still a fairly new company.

Since this is their first game with online VS, they don't know what to do, since this is their first major problem.

And their server could only hold so much. They never anticipated so many people playing CC online.

And so, CC's online falls apart because of the flooded server. When people realize this, the behemoth's website is overloaded with people, crashing their server and they spent months repairing it.

Now here's why you can't compare Epic to TB.

Epic makes games for a living.

TB was just made when someone suggested that Alien Hominid was made into a video game.

Epic is large.

TB is small.

Now tell me, can you still shove the errors right into them?

Are you willing to harass them further?

He didn't bash behemoth in any way, calm the F down!

Also, just to let you know, no one is sure the TU is in Microsoft's hands (actually, most of the people that are up to date believe it was sent back to behemoth for issues).

No one knows, so speak for yourself.

To clarify no one in the community knows anything. I don't care if you're "well informed" or not we don't have actual word of where the TU is at.

As for online multiplayer, I've actually had an easy time playing with a friend over the internet. We never drop and there's next to no lag. It's different per person.

Everybody who hasn't should go read the new post up on the official site!

Good news all round!

Yeah, it's great that the Behemoth is keeping us up to date on what's happening with the TU as much as they can! Anyways, if they broke the contract and told us how the entire certification process works, we might not get a TU :(

Good news all round!

Uhm.. no.

The title of the topic itself is non-information.

There's no news in it, if you've been lurking the forums or reading the comments on the dev blog you know everything about it already. They were "wrapping it up" or "in the final stages" when wonder was supposed to be achieved.

So no, nothing new here, move along...

And yes, SOON WONDER WILL BE ACHIEVED

Good news all round!

Uhm.. no.

There's no news in it, if you've been lurking the forums or reading the comments on the dev blog you know everything about it already. They were "wrapping it up" or "in the final stages" when wonder was supposed to be achieved.

Gosh. People complain about the lack of update information, they get it and they complain it's not enough.

You kids will never be pleased!

Good news all round!

Uhm.. no.

That's all the info they're aloud to give. 'Nuff said.

Good news all round!

Uhm.. no.

That's all the info they're aloud to give. 'Nuff said.

I didn't say it's not. I'm just saying that if the title itself says it's non info, it's non info.

I can't believe you guys can try to flame me for stating the obvious, even Behemoth said it's non info, I just stated the truth: We know it all already.

I didn't even ask for more info, I was just replying to someone that said there was something new in the post... which was not true

Colino, if you hate the Behemoth so much then why are you here? I play their games cause I'm a fan of the old-school 2d genres. If you don't want to spend another penny on anymore of their products, nobody's not stopping you, but don't try to make us "fanboys" look bad for supporting a rare company that follows specific types of games that are potentially dead. Other companies I could compare to TB are Treasure and Konjak (as well as doujin developers), that's it.

You obviously didn't read a single word I typed, or possibly didn't understand it.

Who says I hate Behemoth? I f***ing LOVE the Behemoth, that's why this situation is even worse!

The fact that I've ALWAYS supported them way back since Alien Hominid for consoles, not only with games but with all kinds of merchandise, even Dan's own individual merchandise like his prints and wall-clocks.

That is exactly why this is even more painful for me, to see this go on and realize, unlike other blind fanboys, that Behemoth isn't acting 100% the right way, that's what makes it dissapointing in the first place!

That's the difference between a supporter and a fanboy, the later is simply blind, and has done probably nothing to actually support whatever he's a fan for.

A supporter, which is what I believe to be, will stick with whatever he's supporting UNTIL whatever it is doesn't act up to their standards.

I've supported Behemoth, I might continue to do so in the future, but until they get their act up, I can't say I'm that much of a fan anymore.

I don't see what's hard to understand about that.

In that case, I owe you a big apology.

Guest ghaladream

Kelly,

Thanks for linking me to this thread, I wasn't aware of its existence. It seems a lot of other users are as frustrated as I am about all this, which is reassuring. For anyone interested on my thoughts, I made a topic before I knew about this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3195

It basically doesn't say anything new that hasn't already been said. That being said, I, and i'm sure everyone else, just really hope the patch comes out very, very soon :roll:

the title was a reference to a mean post that was made about us recently on a major blog. The content was clearly informational. it was sorta supposed to be funny. remember funny? :lol:

Sorry, I'm not trying to sound like an balloon, but there's clearly no new info in there.

Like I said, emil already said everything that's in their in the forums and in other post comments...

the title was a reference to a mean post that was made about us recently on a major blog. The content was clearly informational. it was sorta supposed to be funny. remember funny? :lol:

Sorry, I'm not trying to sound like an balloon, but there's clearly no new info in there.

Like I said, emil already said everything that's in their in the forums and in other post comments...

Not everyone follows and/or reads the forums so I think it was a good idea to make the new entry. And Kelly didn't say it was new, she said it was informational.

Not everyone follows and/or reads the forums so I think it was a good idea to make the new entry. And Kelly didn't say it was new, she said it was informational.

I don't think language nit-picking will solve anything. I never said they shouldn't have made the post, I totally agree the had to so that EVERYONE was informed, not ust forum and comment lurkers. That said, I stand on my statement that there was no new information in that post.

If kelly intended it was informational and not new, I don't believe she would have quoted me and replied by trying to get me passed as an insensitive balloon knot, which is what I get for trying to be a mature critic and a loyal supporter (I have to keep explaning how much I love Behemoth, but I manage to get flamed by every other fanboy anyways, even when I've supported the company probably 10 times more than they have)

Here is my view on the matter:

There are two sides to every story. In this case, it's over Castle Crashers online issues. The one side believes that The Behemoth is completely responsible for the problems and should pay the customers back in some way. The other side believes that the problems were not The Behemoth's, and that the online issues were a total mistake. Neither side is wrong, and neither side is right.

There are two forms of arguers: Those who know what they're saying and address the main points of their statement, while making their point easy to understand and mature (Denivire, Colino, Mark, Baelith); and those who have no idea what their doing and spend little to no time thinking about what their posting (MiSt3r GRiNCH(or, at least, I think that's how you say it)). The pointless posts/topics should be nonchalantly glanced upon, frowned upon, and then never returned to again.

Old news. It was your own fault. I'd like to see you do better. I'm not trying to defend the Behemoth, it does suck that I bought a glitched game, but it doesn't bug me that much

pun not intended

, and if it did, I would play another game until the TU came out. I mean, it's only fifteen dollars, and you probably stole it from your grandma's purse.

Que sera sera.

Yeah, if only the game industry was that simple. Make a game, put it out, every developer is on the same playing field, right? But alas..

XBLA is a different division than retail market products. There are very different rulesets for each. They are tended to by different groups of people. There is an XBLA team and a retail market team. This is where the external differences you're noticing come into play.

So, a big company and a small company both had online issues with their games. What does that tell you?

Que sera sera.

Yeah, if only the game industry was that simple. Make a game, put it out, every developer is on the same playing field, right? But alas..

XBLA is a different division than retail market products. There are very different rulesets for each. They are tended to by different groups of people. There is an XBLA team and a retail market team. This is where the external differences you're noticing come into play.

So, a big company and a small company both had online issues with their games. What does that tell you?

n-n-nicely put 8-)

Que sera sera.

That Americans shouldn't code games?

Jokes.

On a serious note, i'm still waiting patiently for this killer update. I've barely played the game and am wanting more online goodness D:

It tells me that you're hiding behind the failure of others to justify yours, as you ahve been doing ever since the very first problems popped up.

Don't think that you're allowed to f up because others do too, a big guy kills a man. I'm a small guy, is it ok for me to kill someone? Don't think so.

The extremely large majority of games (Retail or XBLA) have working online modes when they do, or they promptly patch them.

Hiding behind the failure of others is ludicrous and immature, nuff said.

I've commented on the blog as well, and Behemoth has lost another customer. All your hiding behind the weirdest things, never taking any blame at all, and criticizing people that rightfully complain for not getting what they paid for is just too much for me.

You're not the poor little company that got screwed over by the huge corporation, you messed up on your game and none of you is willing to admit it, I find that as immature and unprofessional as possible.

I was waiting patiently and trying to be a "good complainer", but you've crossed the line, I'm no longer supporting this company in any way.

Don't think that you're allowed to f up because others do too, a big guy kills a man. I'm a small guy, is it ok for me to kill someone? Don't think so.

Did you honestly just compare killing somebody to a small indie company not yet releasing a content update? What a amazingly flawed retort. Yet more evidence to prove you are simply crying for the sake of it, refusing to step down because you don't want to admit you're wrong.

As for them "hiding behind the failure of others", if you read his post properly (which you didn't), you'd notice Dan was merely making a comparison. He was not going "LOOK, EPIC MADE A BOOBOO, SO DID WE OMG WE CAN GET AWAY WITH IT YAAAAAAAY". He's simply stating that even the big time companies that pour millions of pounds into one project can slip up, too.

All your hiding behind the weirdest things, never taking any blame at all, and criticizing people that rightfully complain for not getting what they paid for is just too much for me.

Too much for you? In all honesty, i think you should turn off your computer and just relax for a while. People are pissed that the game still isn't patched, yeah, but they're not losing sleep over it.

Do you really think they revel off holding back this patch? Do you think that they're laughing it up, realising a game they spent so long developing has a hefty spanner in the system? Have you actually considered what Tom, Dan and the other handful of developers are trying or have tried to do to get this out to us as soon as possible? You are being incredibly selfish. They're not robots like EA or other big time companies. Demanding YOUR rights and YOUR refund and YOUR content update. This is THEIR game and they are doing THEIR best to fix it.

You've made it clear you don't like TB anymore, so why don't you just leave?

This is a place for the fans, not for the haters.

It tells me that you're hiding behind the failure of others to justify yours, as you ahve been doing ever since the very first problems popped up.

The extremely large majority of games (Retail or XBLA) have working online modes when they do, or they promptly patch them.

Hiding behind the failure of others is ludicrous and immature, nuff said.

I've commented on the blog as well, and Behemoth has lost another customer. All your hiding behind the weirdest things, never taking any blame at all, and criticizing people that rightfully complain for not getting what they paid for is just too much for me.

You're not the poor little company that got screwed over by the huge corporation, you messed up on your game and none of you is willing to admit it, I find that as immature and unprofessional as possible.

I was waiting patiently and trying to be a "good complainer", but you've crossed the line, I'm no longer supporting this company in any way.

I'm totally confused on what you're upset about :?::?:?:

I'm pretty sure that TB knows they messed up and they're sorry. They're working hard to get it fixed. It was mistake that didn't show up during tests (as stated by Dan on the first page of this thread). What else do you want?