Sign in to follow this  
David Duffy

Alien Hominid Sprites?

Over in the Crashers forum, some members requested that there be a release of some Castle Crashers sprites. And some were released. And times were good. But I was wondering, is there some way a similar thing could be done for AH? After looking around the internet I couldn't even find a sheet for the GBA port, which you would have thought would lend itself to a sprite sheet.

So please, pretty please, ladies and gents of the Behemoth, could we see some AH sprites?

Not going to happen. Like I said in another post, they're game developers, they don't care what their fans REALLY want or need. They only posted head sprites for Castle Crashers, and that's all we're going to get. They're not going to give us full sprite packs or anything like that, even though it'd be easy for them to do since they made the friggin' things in the first place. as much as we'd love and appreciate such sprite packs and hold the developers in the highest regard, above all other developers for being the nicest, most original, caring, considerate, and intelligent developers for supplying such sprite packs, they just don't care. Nothing will change the fact that they're the same stereotypical developers we all know who don't provide graphic resources for their loyal and loving fans. On the upside me and a few other fellows are attempting to extract the images from the game data. I've already successfully extracted the Final Boss Alien from the GBA version of Alien Hominid. I need some coders and such to help with the high-end games such as Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid HD. I'm determined to get these images for people like you and everyone else who needs them, so helping me will be helping yourself. Of course the developers could spare us all the hard work and time by simply providing said graphics, but of course, they're just the usual type of developers and aren't going to do that. They're free to prove me wrong however, but I highly doubt they'll even regard this post since they really don't care about their fans' direct input. So unless such sprite packs emerge from the developers for free download, the only hope is people like me and you who wish to delve into the depths of the game to retrieve what we need so badly. In short, developers don't care and don't help, fans are the only ones who can help each other.

Good luck finding these. If you manage to find 'em, let me know. Same goes for Castle Crashers stuff.

P.S. Begging doesn't help, it only makes them laugh if they actually see it.

Fellows, right now I need to tell you that sprite sheets don't really exist for these games in any way shape or form. The closest thing to it are component files. I'm a bit into graphics and such for games and sometimes work to reverse engineer the packing method in produced video games. Note that I do not condone thievery and always give proper credit to creators if I successfully extract the images from and distribute them. Right now I've been working on Alien Hominid for the regular XBox and the data is interestingly assembled. For example the Final Boss Alien (I wish I actually knew it's name) is separated into two pieces, the head, and the body. For some reason the body images include the antennae rather than the head. Unfortunately I have some rather primitive disassembling software which doesn't pick up the palettes for the images. I have yet to figure out how they're designated and what files they're contained in. Currently I've extracted all of the images used for the first and third final battle sections. I still yet have to find the rest of the components of his ship. I'm in this alone basically though, and I have other things to do. Also due to certain conditions I am unable to access the internet at night except on certain weekends, so I'm pretty limited on resources.

Once again this time consuming and rather agonizingly slow process could be eliminated if the developers were kind enough to release accessible component packs. And if they did, all of us would have to be very appreciative of their work as they already deserve praise for creating these games in the first place, and then if they actually released component packs, they would deserve intence praise and, personally, they would earn a place high above all other developers for catering to their fans in such a considerate way.

Just hope this clears a few things up. Put simply, there are no sprite sheets, only components, and we would appreciate if these components were released to us.

And let me say now, if they actually are released, you guys had better not start begging for things like backgrounds and such. While that would be cool, I think the developers would like to keep a bit of their stuff to themselves for the future.

Not going to happen. Like I said in another post, they're game developers, they don't care what their fans REALLY want or need. They only posted head sprites for Castle Crashers, and that's all we're going to get. They're not going to give us full sprite packs or anything like that, even though it'd be easy for them to do since they made the friggin' things in the first place. as much as we'd love and appreciate such sprite packs and hold the developers in the highest regard, above all other developers for being the nicest, most original, caring, considerate, and intelligent developers for supplying such sprite packs, they just don't care. Nothing will change the fact that they're the same stereotypical developers we all know who don't provide graphic resources for their loyal and loving fans. On the upside me and a few other fellows are attempting to extract the images from the game data. I've already successfully extracted the Final Boss Alien from the GBA version of Alien Hominid. I need some coders and such to help with the high-end games such as Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid HD. I'm determined to get these images for people like you and everyone else who needs them, so helping me will be helping yourself. Of course the developers could spare us all the hard work and time by simply providing said graphics, but of course, they're just the usual type of developers and aren't going to do that. They're free to prove me wrong however, but I highly doubt they'll even regard this post since they really don't care about their fans' direct input. So unless such sprite packs emerge from the developers for free download, the only hope is people like me and you who wish to delve into the depths of the game to retrieve what we need so badly. In short, developers don't care and don't help, fans are the only ones who can help each other.

Good luck finding these. If you manage to find 'em, let me know. Same goes for Castle Crashers stuff.

P.S. Begging doesn't help, it only makes them laugh if they actually see it.

Tl ; dr "I believe the developers don't care about people who buy their games"

As stated before the only hope for these is either an official release from Dan of component packs. I'm working on extracting them, but it's very difficult. I can find the base images but I can't get the palettes for them. Anyone who wishes to help please PM me.

Guest leftenant  P

Is it obligatory to get them from Alien hominid HD?

If not... heres a demo:

boris.png

Hi, first post.