Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alex2501

Porting to other systems?

Guest Alex2501

Big time supporter of Newgrounds and everything. One question; will Alien Hominid (and possibly Castle Crashers) be ported over to other systems? In particular the PC. I'm sure services like Steam would love to host it, if hosting is an issue.

Also, would it be possible to port it to this new system?

http://openpandora.org/

It's a very powerful hand held, and I'm sure the developers for it would love to work with The Behemoth.

AH is already on other systems man haha!

Infact...it came out for those way before Xbox Live Arcade.

There's a console version for all the last gen systems (xbox, ps2, gamecube)

I don't think AH will be ported to PC ever.

CC might be ported if Behemoth finds the time/resources to do it, chances are it won't.

There is a post on the CC forum were Dan explains why, I'm sure you could find it, check it out.

Mmm, it's not nearly that simple. The 360 is close to a 3-core, Radeon-graphics game PC from '06, but not quite the same. For 360 games to run on PCs, they have to be ported. Having a version of Live Arcade for Windows by itself won't get them there.

AH was also ported to the GBA, but it was only released in Europe. That's a shame because the gameplay made it over intact, if the graphics didn't.

Behemoth is a small company, if they are going to spend time and money proting something, i doubt they would do it on a platform that doesnt have mass market sales. probably would lose money on it

I'd rather see Crashers stay on XBLA and just be updated with new levels/characters/achievements every now and then rather than have the game re-released in disc form.

I agree, 100%. CC is really only good on the 360. It isn't like Alien Hominid. AH was nice on GameCube because there wasn't much online. CC just has that good XBLA feeling :)

LEARN TO HANDLE A F*CKING JOYPAD!!!

What the hell does that have to do with anything? Of course I know how to handle a joypad, in both console and PC games that are best served by joypads. FPSs are much better served by mouse + kb, and that's why you're in here, isn't it, little fanboy--to rant about how consoles with their controller limitations are just as good for those. No they're not. Sorry. But I digress. Certainly Castle Crashers needs a joypad, on any platform.

Megaman has been warned. lets drop it and continue the discussion.

AH is available online, in lots of places. its an early version which isn't as fleshed out as the console versions, and as i hear, is WAY harder. just fyi.

:arrow:

kelly

Megaman has been warned. lets drop it and continue the discussion.

AH is available online, in lots of places. its an early version which isn't as fleshed out as the console versions, and as i hear, is WAY harder. just fyi.

:arrow:

kelly

i'm sorry kelly :(