Sign in to follow this  
Powered by Chicken

TITLE UPDATE CHRISTMAQUANZAKAH MIRACLE!

Guest =GLaDOS=

Many of the androids at the testing center are very excited about the new patch.

They are enjoying being able to play across the Arperture Science Testing Grounds

Guest GirIZCool

:lol: LOL! :lol: Really? Too Easy! I don't play the game for the "Leaderboards". The only thing I really wanted that glitch for was to level ALL my characters up fast and to a really high level SO I could beat the game faster so I could collect ALL the characters faster That's all. I wasn't looking for some Duh leaderboard crap I just so I have everything in it unlocked. I play games to the FULL extent of Offline features, not to see "oh am I better than my friends or someone in Japan?" no duh that's stupid. I play Castle Crashers merely for fun not for Leaderboards because I've seen the leaderboards and almost everybody's got: 9999999 or higher for their score. Meaning it's completely useless to play for the oh so mighty "Leaderboards".

Really? Leaderboards don't interest me so I would just like to know how to get that glitch so I could have fun my way like I payed for.. No one knows everything that's why not everything needs to be fixed. Meaning Game Designers shouldn't Patch up everything in the game because some gamers that like glitches don't like to play without them. Plain and simple.

Most people play just to have fun. Alot of people do play for competition, but on a Arcade game with midget knight fighters? Doesn't sound like a highly competitive game to play because theres not THAT much skill in it.

I usually buy games from behemoth for their funny and odd kind of ways they make and play games, but also because after I played the game for 1 day exactly I found that glitch and couldn't stop using it. THAT is why if I can't play it with it I basically see that I don't think I should keep buying games like this if everything that's fun keeps being fixed.. Look at other games like Gears of War many people are still playing it but the glitches are still there SO since they hate the glitches they either play gears 2 or they boot the play that is glitching plain and simple.

Most of my friends still have fun doing the glitches, but we don't do them in a real fight on the game because duh it's no fun like you said, but it doesn't mean you should completely remove the glitches. Common since tells you that if it's an arcade game not many people are gonna pay THAT much attention to the leaderboards or some junk like that. A Nerd says: "Eh he he he I just uberly poned you guys!" A person with a life says: "So get a life. At least I can still play for fun offline."

Bottomline: I'm done buying most arcade games if they keep taking fun out because there's no point paying 1200 microsoft points to download a game that had something out of the ordinary and that was fun taken out after you bought it without getting notice about it. Meaning a notice saying it was a MAJOR update because we're used to most games saying there is an update for it and then we update it, but nothing was changed. That's why I thought your update was just a minor update that just meant I haven't been online in a while. IF I knew that this update was going to take out something fun I liked I wouldn't have let it update it. So is there a way to re-download it for and older update without losing all my items and stuff? or did I just get royally ripped off?

Bottomline: I'm done buying most arcade games if they keep taking fun out because there's no point paying 1200 microsoft points to download a game that had something out of the ordinary and that was fun taken out after you bought it without getting notice about it. Meaning a notice saying it was a MAJOR update because we're used to most games saying there is an update for it and then we update it, but nothing was changed. That's why I thought your update was just a minor update that just meant I haven't been online in a while. IF I knew that this update was going to take out something fun I liked I wouldn't have let it update it. So is there a way to re-download it for and older update without losing all my items and stuff? or did I just get royally ripped off?

You weren't ripped off though because the glitch was never intended.

And if you really want it that bad go to youtube or something and figure it out O.o.

You weren't ripped off though because the glitch was never intended.

And if you really want it that bad go to youtube or something and figure it out O.o.

QFT

Wow, someone who actually buys games for the glitches. So basically you are saying that if there was no glitches, you wouldn't have thought it was worth 1200? Developers try to make games long and challenging. They don't intend to make a glitch just so that you can finish the game in a mere 30mins.

games saying there is an update for it and then we update it, but nothing was changed.

Actually those updates for other games DO change something. The updates fix glitches and help balance out the game. (If one particular weapon or something in the game is unbalanced.) Also, I didn't find it fun. I found it repetitive and boring. Anyway what is the point in finishing the game earlier? Games are meant to be long and fun, that's what you pay money for.

I'm done buying most arcade games if they keep taking fun out because there's no point paying 1200 microsoft points

Unfortunately if you are done buying arcade games because of glitches then I guess you won't be buying many more games. Because developers try and iron out most of the glitches in their titles.

losing all my items and stuff? or did I just get royally ripped off?

Royally ripped off? The only people I have seen that think they have been "Royally ripped off" were the people that lost data. I can see reasons behind why they thought they were ripped off. But unfortunately I can't see any reasons why you were ripped off.

:)

I'm sorry that you feel this way theEVOL1. :(

we have worked extremely hard to resolve the issues as soon as they became aparent. :arrow:

kelly

Working hard would be restoring lost character levels. Lip service and sympathy is all you've offered.

And don't say it's impossible. Turning water into freaking wine is impossible. Editing a few values in a database isn't.

Tyrannical is my idol. Thanks for saying what exactly what I had in mind. Almost like you took those words is right out of my mouth.

I'm sorry that you feel this way theEVOL1. :(

we have worked extremely hard to resolve the issues as soon as they became aparent. :arrow:

kelly

Working hard would be restoring lost character levels. Lip service and sympathy is all you've offered.

And don't say it's impossible. Turning water into freaking wine is impossible. Editing a few values in a database isn't.

Tyrannical is my idol. Thanks for saying what exactly what I had in mind. Almost like you took those words is right out of my mouth.

what a surprise! who knew you two would get along? ;)

"Editing a few values in a database" becomes a lot more complicated when we don't have any permission to access that database. none of this is a walk in the park but that'd be really awesome, wouldn't it?

no, tyrannical. kelly has offered a lot more than lip service or sympathy. it would be entirely unfair to say those things about her. for one; she has spent countless hours searching for all possible issues, found recreations of those issues, and confirmed regression of those issues. i've seen her work until 1am as she works across from my desk here and i can say she genuinely cares about each and every one of your personal enjoyments. it's quite refreshing!

sometimes she goes to the other office and packs figurines with her friends she has invited over to make sure they stay in stock until the point of exhaustion.

and she moderates the forums, writes press releases.. there's more, but you get the idea.

so you see - she offers a lot more than sympathy. trust me, we've looked into the data loss issue to the point of overkill. kelly looked since the day the issue was discovered. it cannot be addressed any better. we have done all that is in our power. this issue has been resolved in the title update, so it's a brand new day!!

calling her a liar in the other thread was uncalled for.

thanks for your concern!

Guest mrtzeentch

Thank you Dan, glad someone finally said something.

For those of you pissing and moaning about the update and claiming it's easy to restore data, could you please psot your programming credentials? You all seem so sure of how all this works, so where were you educated and what games have you worked on?

None? Ok that's what I thought. All i see here is kids whining on the internet as usual. You don't have a clue what goes into a game, any game, whether it be CC or Gears of War 2. The Behemoth doesn't owe you a bloody thing either. The way I see it, those of you whining are doing so solely for attention and to make yourselves feel like internet tough guys. I'm sure there are other ways you can flex your e-penis, so go find them and don't waste time on this forum.

I saw no lip service here. In fact I saw an employee of a company going far beyond what other employees at other companies would have done. Had these complaints been posted on a forum for most other games they would have either been ignored or deleted. Kelly went out of her way to explain things in more detail than you'd have gotten anyplace else.

So quit pretending as if you knew something about how programming and bug fixing works, because you don't. Those of you still whining just want to feel tough, and you're only making yourselves look like fools. Until you program a game that is bug-free (which will never happen), then shut the hell up. The Behemoth could have just ignored the issues and walked away. The instead did the right thing and all they get is a bunch of whiny little 12 year olds flooding their forum with crap. Seriously, I'm sick of reading this garbage all the time. Be thankful you don't get banned, many companies do that in response to whining. You should thank Dan and the others for being fair and open with you.

Guest LavStek
For those of you pissing and moaning about the update and claiming it's easy to restore data, could you please psot your programming credentials? You all seem so sure of how all this works, so where were you educated and what games have you worked on?
I don't get the context here. Third party certifications are just a method to assess skills on a certain subject, not a global measure. Many of us learn on our free time, and that doesn't fall into any category of "certification".
Be thankful you don't get banned, many companies do that in response to whining.
What would be the point on implementing user contribution systems if you prefer to trim branches of user feedback. Measures like user bans exist when the terms of service are violated.

IMO your post was really disrespectful on behalf of the users affected, it contained a lot of unnecesary assumptions about them, considering that maybe through their experiences they could have (for example) coped with problems like data loss when working with the XNA framework.

Guest mrtzeentch

That's precisely my point, users on some sites do get banned because of whining. But here's it's tolerated (as it should be). People should be happy because TB is being fair to them and only banning based on violation of Terms of Service. Other sites aren't so accommodating.

And I don't think what people like Tyrannical have said is any less disrespectful than what I said (but I notice you didn't call them out for it???) Sorry but what they said is far more disrespectful of those who lost data and had issues. Because not all of us feel the way they do.

The bottom line is that the game had issues as most all games do. The Behemoth fixed them. Instead of being happy (since many companies just say "to hell with you, live with it".) they instead chose to whine more and pretend they knew what it was they were talking about. Some guy on a message board doesn't need to be lecturing a seasoned game designer on how "easy" fixing a problem is unless he or she is willing to post their own credentials to back their claim up. No one likes a Monday morning quarterback. No one likes the data loss issue, but guess what, it happens. There could have been far worse glitches too, but there weren't. But at the end of the day, the data loss isn't the end of the world. If people expect games to come out flawlessly then they need to pick another hobby.

But disrespecting Kelly and others solely because they're pissed off is childish and stupid. Again, the game had glitches. TB fixed them. What more is there to discuss? I hated the glitches but am glad they fixed them. They certainly weren't contractually obligated to do so.

Guest GirIZCool

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

(^_^ Read the Bottom Message first I'm easier to get along with then you think.^_^)

FUNNY, but sad I'm a 19 year old bored guy. No I didn't buy the game JUST for the Glitch, Although I did buy it because it look great and the gameplay was great, but IF there was a FASTER way to level up that we could buy for downloadable content-- (hint hint)-- Then I'd probably play it and therefore I'd most likely keep playing your games.

The only reason I got mad about it was because leveling up to level 99 is alot of crap and takes WAY too long without something to help it out ALOT. Meaning It would be more fun if there was something to do JUST for fun not for purely competition!

Competition meaning leaderboards... duh..

Getting Banned? Most "Companies" Wonder whats wrong and usually try to go out and find Ideas about it. Meaning like here on forums. I mean usually not always I mean what kind of smart people would look for what gamers like by asking them what they think instead of just throwing something out and thinking it'll be entertaining.

By-the-way: Gears of War was the only reason why I kept a xbox 360 and Castle Crashers Was just Icing on the Cake, but then Gears of War 2 comes out With Halo 3 matchmaking? I know they did it that way to keep people from hosting games then quiting, but it shouldn't take along time to find a game then play a match for only 5 minutes and thats it. As well as the "voting" system. No I think they should have games posted on a menu showing you what games are online at the time being and also show which games are what gametype meaning if I want Execution I'd go there, but if I like Guardian I'll play that one instead.

(Being user friendly is better then being slow)

Anyways if you guys do make a DLC (Downloadable content) for Castle Crashers I'd buy it.

Oh and no if you've already patched the game it's usually permanent so "youtube" won't help here.

(Coding for a 2D game are usually easier then 3D games.)

Seriously you think I haven't been in a computer class before? ROFL!

The ones I had where boring that's why I never got to use my Ideas.

"No you can't you that you've gotta go buy the books there sonny!"

"Shut it oldie! These Ideas are better than just making a 3D house anyday!"

Come on guys I'm here to converse with you not to argue. I was just purely angry that I didn't get a heads up about the update because I don't usually go on forums, but since your game was FUN I did....

Actually, coding in 2D is easier than 3D, because you don't have to juggle the variables of correct camera, 3D positioning, and the hard modeling work you need to go through to get something to look good. Regardless, The Behemoth did a good job of thoroughly making CC just as good as any 3D game :D .

I was just purely angry that I didn't get a heads up about the update because I don't usually go on forums, but since your game was FUN I did....

which method were you expecting to know about update?

I was just purely angry that I didn't get a heads up about the update because I don't usually go on forums, but since your game was FUN I did....

which method were you expecting to know about update?

I expected you to call my house and tell me personally. :geek:

Guest GirIZCool

Obviously it would've been easier to have put one in your marketplace saying something like this OR just simply made the update optional.. duh..

Oh well I guess sad to say I won't be buying your products anymore.... until there's some DLC for Castle Crashers that has the glitch in it.

Alien Hominid HD was some fun on xbox, but oh well.

I mean seriously going around doing the same mission over and over gets boring maybe I'd keep playing if there was something NEW. Something not so monotonous.

:x

Oh well not my loss.

Obviously it would've been easier to have put one in your marketplace saying something like this OR just simply made the update optional.. duh..

Oh well I guess sad to say I won't be buying your products anymore.... until there's some DLC for Castle Crashers that has the glitch in it.

I mean seriously going around doing the same mission over and over gets boring maybe I'd keep playing if there was something NEW. Something not so monotonous.

Oh well not my loss.

Not TBs either.

And the best way to level characters is to play with friends. It's not like you need to hit 99 anyways.

Guest use_your_shoe

I'm confident that with the upcoming DLC, there will be more levels where the exp will come quicker than elsewhere. While the game does lose its lustre after reaching level 60-some, it's still fun, especially with 4 players.

What I'm not especially fond of is arena mode. I think there needs to be more incentive to play that and All You Can Quaff.

Guest BruDrew

Oh well not my loss.

Ok, after lurking here forever, I finally registered to respond to the idiocy I am seeing in this thread.

First off, ALL updates ARE optional, however, Xbox Live itself has rules that will require you play ANY game that is not up to date on its patches offline, to ensure fairness to all players. Secondly, if you want that boomerrang glitch back, go to youtube/google, and look up xbox 360 cache clear code. and follow the steps. It will mean you have to re-update ANY game you have previously played as well, but it will restore CC to its glitched version, minus all online features due to xbox live itself, NOT TB, so you can't blame them if you want the glitching ability and online play, as that is all MS's rules preventing online play from remaining. since you're obviously lazy, I'll post what you find if you google xbox 360 cache code.

"To perform the function, access 'memory' in the system blade, and then highlight the hard drive. Now press: Y, X, X, LB, RB, X, X. The following message should appear: "Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?"

If you initiate maintenance, the hard drive's cache will be cleared, including all software updates. Theoretically, this function could be used to un-update Oblivion in order to regain access to the unlimited gold and item duplication glitches."

Also, if you would bother to use the internet to LOOK UP details on a patch, which 90% of gamers do, you'd already KNOW the key features it was fixing, aka Data Loss Issue (not restoring, as so many people seem to think they meant that), boomerang glitch, online connectivity issues, ect. The ONLY game I know of personally that tells you exactly what is in a patch BEFORE it is installed and without you having to go look it up elsewhere, is WoW, and that's because of the preloader.

Also, for whoever said some people learn coding in their spare time, you are correct, however, if they have NEVER worked on a game, they have no credentials in game programing. Building a calculator/other programs is vastly different than programing a game.

Furthermore, others are correct in saying most game companies do NOT pay attention to their forums as long as their game continue to sell. They know they do NOT owe you anything, even fixing their game if it has some serious bugs

as long as the game is playable and does not damage your equipment, you cannot hold anything againt them. A perfect example of this is EA. I don't know how many times i'll play one of their games, and it has a huge issue/glitch, and they NEVER fix it, ever. Burnout Revenge is a perfect example. The online multiplayer orignally had a boost start, but they removed it...however, if you know the timing of the start, and the buttons, you could STILL do it, thus making it impossible to win online matches unless you knew how to do said boost start. They have not fixed this to this day, and it was a known issue way before Paradise came out.

Spore is another good example with certain Grox systems being IMPOSSIBLE to reach without cheating/glitching/modding your game. 3 patches later and they have yet to even ACKNOWLEDGE the issue exists. TB has done MORE than 99% of game companies out there, AND they have like, over 9000% less employees.

I'm having no online issues, with a moderate NAT, so people with issues probably have crap internet or over 9000 firewalls up trying to play. TB, I can't wait for the DLC, but no need to rush guys, unless you feel like it, lol. True good games like CC don't "die out" because they lack DLC, they're classics that are always fun to pick up and play with friends. I know I'll still be playing it for years to come, too much fun not to be.

Also, for those complaining about leveling to 99 being so slow and ect, go play a game like Growlanser III: The Dual Darkness, or Disgae, some games where to beat them you have to be near lvl 9999, they have over like, 200+ hours of gameplay. Leveling in CC is faster than most games, in fact, its not even that much grinding really, as you get exp via hits, so you can play ANY part of the game to level, rather than have to fight the same enemies in the same area like 99% of other games.and if its taking longer, try using less powerful weapons, non-stats, ect, without using magic to increase the amount of htis per enemy death. That WILL make leveling faster.

Try using your head a little before whining. You're not 5 years old anymore, its not cute, you won't get any real sympathy, and people won't respect you or your opinions. Whining shows you're immature and won't give valid reasons for a complaint, or even state what the problem IS in the first place. When you act like an adult, people treat you like one. Same goes when you act like a whiney 5 year old who doesn't like not getting his/her way, we'll just put you in time you and ignore you until you learn to behave properly.

God that felt good getting all that out.

//edit: Also, for anyone who wants to add me as a friend, my username is my gamertag, BruDrew. I play a lot of various games, so ask, odds are i play somehing you do, lol.

And yes, I know my post is insanely long.

Guest use_your_shoe
Furthermore, others are correct in saying most game companies do NOT pay attention to their forums as long as their game continue to sell. They know they do NOT owe you anything, even fixing their game if it has some serious bugs as long as the game is playable and does not damage your equipment, you cannot hold anything againt them.

And that's what sets the best companies apart from others. It's usually the smaller ones, too. The Behemoth, Harmonix, and Hothead Games are the first three that come to mind.

Listen to the consumer, for your company relies upon him.

Guest GirIZCool

OK! If the XP is alot faster in the next DLC content or updates I'll be fine! I just wanted something that gets us leveled faster because after awhile it takes way to long to get up such a higher level. Maybe a new boss?

Really cool Ideas like having new abilities at certain levels would also give more players a reason to keep playing and buying. Possibly any new levels?

Oh question: is the level cap being changed at all?

I'd like to get my blue guy up a few levels if leveling becomes alot easier.

Guest GirIZCool

Idiocy? Really? LoL!

Come on making a fun Island for DLC where you could have fun goofin' off and glitching would be fun. Some people still get on the first Gears of War and glitch for something to do. So don't get mad just because I thought something besides your boring way you play games gets old. People like us must have something to do when we have nothing to do. Especially feel like going on Gears of War just to goof off or make hilarious videos on Halo 3! LoL...Good times..

Since I changed my mind now that there's new stuff out for this I might be getting that DLC for the new characters, pet, and sword, but just wish could've been creative with the new Knight in it like some new powers er somethin'. One of me and some friends went online and he had the new DLC so I asked him if the new Knight had any new abilities and he showed me he only used arrows, but then again he's was only level 4 so there maybe more abilities he'll find out soon.

I'll be playing when there's an Expansion out for Castle Crashers. It'd be interesting to see what comes next. I wonder if there would be like a funny dashboard destruction level with a robot knight for a new character or a Rock or Steel knight that levitates rocks or the Steel Knight turns into steel when he turns huge after eating a sandwich and the Stone or Rock Knight is immune to electricity and levitates pieces of Stone he makes to launch at his opponent and for a new move he could grab an opponent and turn him into stone permanently. Meaning it'd be cool to see some finishers in the game for new moves! Just "some" ideas I've had. Oh some land mines would be fun to see in some new levels instead of and item under the "X" marks the spot have a mine waiting for them and the some of the knights that just shoot arrows could have a new ability that allows them to deactivate for safely remove the mines.

What would be cool also is if the next boss would be a huge mutant that absorbs magic from any knights for HP and Power/Strength, but based on the magic he absorbs is the weakness that he is so if you have your friends fighting him say the electric guy shoots and he absorbs it and the Stone guy is immune to electricy so he starts hitting him with his magic by shooting stone spikes at him or he turns Ice and the Fire knight melts him down. Though if you're playing 1-player just merely hit him with physical attacks first meaning this boss would be magic based not much muscle power.