Powered by Chicken

Please post any NEW issues in Castle Crashers

Hey all,

I'm agonna be tidying up the Technical Issues section a bunch (other mods, you can help too!). Mostly i'm going to lock up all the issues that should be resolved now with the release of the Title Update (other mods, if you aren't sure if its something we fixed, just leave it open).

If anyone should encounter any issues *after* receiving the Update, kindly start a new topic. If i closed a topic and the issue remains, just PM me and i'll open that sucker back up. saavy?

:arrow::arrow:

kelly

hey guys

when I want to go in the third room in the magician castle a message says some datas are destroyed and I come back to the x-box live arcade screen..

Does somebody have the same problem?

Try redownloading castle crashers, it may have been file corruption. It doesn't sound like a hardware problem to me, unless you have some bad spots on your HDD.

Guest AceSeven

I had the exact same problem and I tried everything to get it to work. Still haven't gotten it fixed yet. The only thing left for me to try though is my hard drive with another xbox or sending it into repair.

Once the box gets here I can let you know, but I'm sure asking a friend/bringing it to a friends house would be faster to verify that it actually is the problem. Then it's just a matter of deciding whether one (multiple for me) game is worth it.

Try redownloading castle crashers, it may have been file corruption. It doesn't sound like a hardware problem to me, unless you have some bad spots on your HDD.

I recommend you guys delete your cache, and re download castle crashers (Yes, I know it means you have to download again but it helps!)

To perform the function, access 'memory' in the system blade, and then highlight the hard drive. Now press: Y, X, X, LB, RB, X, X. The following message should appear: "Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?"

Actually, I wouldn't call those issues "new" as it's to do with corrupt data etc. But hopefully this helps!

The patch did NOT fix the issue with the Iceskimos RT+Y air projectile taking 50% magic....

the devs decided to keep that as it was a design decision. *shrug*

:arrow:

kelly

what in the hell.... that just makes his magic more weaker when it's on the same level as the others. Were the Devs drunk or just lazy when they read the Icekimo problem? Clearly that's a flaw.. that's like leaving Barbarian forced to only do 20 damage no matter what level he gets to....

BTW I noticed the Medusa boss now has the song that plays after you beat a boss...

Ppl with diff connection strengths - disconnections cause the music to get muted. (can get it back on by going back to single player then out)

Guest Crimzn

I'm still experiencing some small data loss. I'm playing through insane mode with a couple of my characters right now, and every day when I come back to them I notice that I'm always one level further back than I left it. So for whatever reason, on all of my characters, the game is not remembering the last level I was on and is taking me one backwards on the map every time I quit the game and come back to it. I always make sure to save properly.

Guest Articus

After the patch, I am still experiencing Data Loss issues. A while back I lost all current player info, and I had managed to obtain a level 99 Blue Ice Knight, Found all weapons except the staff, rubber sword, etc. This was all lost including all my unlocked characters. Is this reversable :?::?: :?:

I'm still experiencing some small data loss. I'm playing through insane mode with a couple of my characters right now, and every day when I come back to them I notice that I'm always one level further back than I left it. So for whatever reason, on all of my characters, the game is not remembering the last level I was on and is taking me one backwards on the map every time I quit the game and come back to it. I always make sure to save properly.

this isn't actually data loss. the map progress only saves at certain key points. (like after a boss fight). This is intended in the game.

After the patch, I am still experiencing Data Loss issues. A while back I lost all current player info, and I had managed to obtain a level 99 Blue Ice Knight, Found all weapons except the staff, rubber sword, etc. This was all lost including all my unlocked characters. Is this reversible :?::?: :?:

i'm not sure i'm understanding. did you lose your data after the Update? If it was lost before the update, unfortunately we were not able to guarantee that lost data could be returned. if the data was lost after the update that is a different issue.. and i would definitely want to get more info from you!

:arrow:

k

Guest Articus

My information and stats was lost prior to the update. I am curious, would it be at all possible for a programmer to access the leaderboards and transfer the presented information so that I could at least have a level 99 knight once again?

Guest arkile

since the new update I've noticed controls online are a bit delayed :? and my friends xp bar fills all the way but isnt going past 99. I thought it was a raised level cap not xp bar

since the new update I've noticed controls online are a bit delayed :? and my friends xp bar fills all the way but isnt going past 99. I thought it was a raised level cap not xp bar

You cannot go passed level 99, but you gain infinite experience while your 99. There is not a max, but you will never upgrade passed level 99.

Guest lotus drowning

I was invited to an online game, and when I was at the character select screen I noticed all my levels had changed. Gone was my level 30 blue knight, and I had all of my friend's (the game creator's) stats. Tried all the tricks to restore data and now I'm stuck with his status. If there's a way to retrieve the data, then great - otherwise I don't see myself playing through the game any more. I'm really disappointed because all that progress was done with my girlfriend and now I have nothing to show for it.

Guest geddesk2

I haven't been able to play with any of the friends on my friends list for the past week. We both get kicked in the load screen after the ready screen.

We have all played together in the past without issue...and all of sudden we can't. :x

All of us can join other custom games...just not each other!

We all bought the King pack hoping it might address the issue but it hasn't.

PLEASE HELP! Nothing has changed on any of our setups...

Yes even after the patch, there is some few online bugs, everytime i try to make my own match, while we are playing, it would sometimes lag a lot, then show the Waiting For Players symbol, then log everyone out of the game saying it was unavailable.

Now you guys have a good game, but if the patch cant hold up, it might be bad.

Guest geddesk2

This issue started after the patch.

Is there a way I can uninstall the patch and test to see if it works w/o the patch?

This issue started after the patch.

Is there a way I can uninstall the patch and test to see if it works w/o the patch?

There is a way to do that, but you can only play offline without the patch, so I don't think it would help you out. :roll:

By the way, I experienced a new glitch while playing Insane mode yesterday. I was offline, doing two player (don't know if this makes a difference) and I played all the way through the Forest Entrance, but I exited the map once I reached the Thieves Forest to restock on potions.

I returned to the Castle Keep to do just that, and once I had bought my potions and exited back to the map, all the levels up to the Flowery Fields were unlocked. :shock:

There was now an arrow pointing to the Dock, Thieves Forest, and Flowery Fields.

EDIT: Actually, it had nothing to do with the fact that I stopped for potions. After I went to normal and returned to insane, all the levels ahead of the forest were locked again. Once I played the forest entrance and again and exited in the Thieves Forest, everything up to the Flowery Fields was unlocked again.

Guess it's a skip level glitch in Insane that allows you to skip 7 levels. Also, the thieves store and arena remain locked.

im having a big problem i cant play offline wiht my other accounts all its says unluck full game with all my other accounts,, the account i used to buy the game is not my main account so is these a big "your F**KD" ? these is bull crap cause i already paid the 1200 mp and i dont always have online so whats up?

im having a big problem i cant play offline wiht my other accounts all its says unluck full game with all my other accounts,, the account i used to buy the game is not my main account so is these a big "your F**KD" ? these is bull crap cause i already paid the 1200 mp and i dont always have online so whats up?

Did you recover your gamer tag on another 360? If so, then it's a security measure. It's to prevent you to going over to everyone's house you know, recovering your gamer tag, and downloading castle Crashers there, allowing your friend to not have pay for it.

To avoid this, only your profile and play the game, and only online, so that if you recover it somewhere else, that person will no longer have the game so they will have to pay for it.

Guest geddesk2

Wanted to post to say I fixed my issue :D

I did two things:

1: remove the friends I couldn't play with from my list and re-add them

2: The King pack was downloaded to my HD while my gamertag and CC profile were on my MU. I mirgrated those things over to the HD

So if anyone has this issue after downloading the King pack...check to make sure all your CC stuff is stored in either the HD or MU...just not across both!!