Sign in to follow this  
OliDaGoalie

I'm so sad right now

Hey guys! I'm new here, just to say I love castle crashers,

so here's my quick story for tonight for thoses interested..

right now I'm alone at my place until my girlfriend finishes working at midnight,

so I tought, I'll play some CC, level up little red knight :),

I update the game with the patch, then after 2 minutes of gametime, my xbox360 froze, then..yeah... red rings... my first time, on christmas eve.. Argh :x , I'm so mad right now...

I'm one sad dude :(, oh well, there are worst things in life ;)

Happy Holidays everyone !

don't use towel trick, it voids the warranty, find your reciept and take it back to the store you got it from and they'll exchange it.

There is nothing tangible that Microsoft could use as evidence for a voided warranty.

The RRoD stems from the PCB and GPU coming physically disconnected because of heat warping the motherboard. The towel trick can generate enough heat to warp the motherboard differently, but it is not anywhere near hot enough to reflow the solder to make proper connections to the GPU.

It's really just a temporary fix while you wait for your box to arrive while shipping it for repairs.

don't use towel trick, it voids the warranty, find your reciept and take it back to the store you got it from and they'll exchange it.

There is nothing tangible that Microsoft could use as evidence for a voided warranty.

The RRoD stems from the PCB and GPU coming physically disconnected because of heat warping the motherboard. The towel trick can generate enough heat to warp the motherboard differently, but it is not anywhere near hot enough to reflow the solder to make proper connections to the GPU.

It's really just a temporary fix while you wait for your box to arrive while shipping it for repairs.

Well, this is just a rumor. But i'm willing to bet this it what causes it.

Also, the towel trick melts solder joints back together.

"The truth behind the Red Ring of Death, says the anonymous source, is that Microsoft rushed the Xbox 360 in order to beat Sony's Playstation 3 to market. This ambition led to lackluster quality assurance and not nearly enough product testing, and the result -- as many 360 gamers will tell you - was disastrous. Furthermore, the source notes that there is no single culprit for failures, but rather a group of faults that can lead to an RROD. Whether it be substandard heat sinks, bad solder joints, or even bad chips, a myriad of issues can lead to hardware failure."

I don't think this applies to the falcon motherboards. At least I don't have to worry about my CPU overheating.

okay, go ahead and use the towel trick, but both times my xbox's have broke i just took them back to the store with the reciept and get a new one. my third is standing strong. hopefully

Avoid the towel trick.

Bite the bullet and just send it in to Microsoft, it doesn't take as long as you think.

If anything buy a used console from Gamestop and return it when your other one comes in?

Join the club. My first 360 died the same week that the console launched back in late 2005. Since then I've had about 7 or 8 RRoDs on different 360s. Once I even got the RRoD on the same day that I received my 360 which MS supposedly "fixed."

Not to sound like a fanboy but I've had my PS3 for 2 years and have never had a single problem with it.

:)