Sign in to follow this  
Klepackage

XBLA UNSOLVED POST PATCH 2 player connectivity issues

Yesterday afternoon, I hosted two separate games for weapon trading (thanks Gunslinger!) and then a second where I handed out quite a few weapons. In one case, I noticed some extreme lag (1 second movement gaps), but the connection worked every time.

Later that evening, I tried to play some CC with a local friend of mine and we were unable to connect. We have the same ISP and live about 15 minutes away. Xbox Live parties worked just fine as well as a lengthy session of Rock Band 2 with no connectivity issues

The connection test made no mention of any sort of restriction. We both have Open NATs with direct connections to our routers. We even had my friends Xbox connected directly to his modem to avoid any router issues.

We both started off in an Xbox Live party and I was able to invite him to the lobby. After the countdown, we would both get the brief loading screen followed by the "Waiting for other players" swirl. After this, we were greeted with another loading screen and returned to the Main Menu with messages saying either "unable to connect" or "other players left the game".

Does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with this or any idea where the problem might is?

--------

EDIT by Kelly:

We are still trying to figure this out.

for anyone who is experiencing this issue please let me know:

• [*:29md2h9g]are you and your friend you are trying to connect to are on the same internet service provider? if so what is that provider?
    [*:29md2h9g]do you use a cable modem, dsl, etc?
    [*:29md2h9g] what is your NAT type?
    [*:29md2h9g] is UPnP available or unavailable?
    [*:29md2h9g]what brand of router and/or switch are you using?
    [*:29md2h9g]approximately how far away from eachother are you?
    [*:29md2h9g]what type of xbox360 do you have? Arcade, elite, etc.
    [*:29md2h9g]is the person you are having trouble starting games with on your friends list?
    [*:29md2h9g]anything else that you can think of that is a common factor between you and the specific person you can't play with?

Is there anyone in southern California specifically that is having this issue? saaaay within a hundred miles of San Diego?

thanks everyone, we shall solve this mystery!

:arrow:

kelly

Yesterday afternoon, I hosted two separate games for weapon trading (thanks Gunslinger!) and then a second where I handed out quite a few weapons. In one case, I noticed some extreme lag (1 second movement gaps), but the connection worked every time.

Later that evening, I tried to play some CC with a local friend of mine and we were unable to connect. We have the same ISP and live about 15 minutes away. Xbox Live parties worked just fine as well as a lengthy session of Rock Band 2 with no connectivity issues

The connection test made no mention of any sort of restriction. We both have Open NATs with direct connections to our routers. We even had my friends Xbox connected directly to his modem to avoid any router issues.

We both started off in an Xbox Live party and I was able to invite him to the lobby. After the countdown, we would both get the brief loading screen followed by the "Waiting for other players" swirl. After this, we were greeted with another loading screen and returned to the Main Menu with messages saying either "unable to connect" or "other players left the game".

Does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with this or any idea where the problem might is?

Wow, never seen this happen before. Did both of you guys use a modem or only your friends?

Wow, never seen this happen before. Did both of you guys use a modem or only your friends?

I'm behind a D-Link Gaming router. My roommates and I all are considered Open NAT on our respective Xboxes and we don't have any issues with any other games or PC play either.

The friend who I was trying to play with last night started off connected through a router. After that wasn't working, we tried a few different things. The router he has was on old, error prone one of mine. That's why we went straight to the router to rule out that as a possibility.

I'm behind a D-Link Gaming router. My roommates and I all are considered Open NAT on our respective Xboxes and we don't have any issues with any other games or PC play either.

The friend who I was trying to play with last night started off connected through a router. After that wasn't working, we tried a few different things. The router he has was on old, error prone one of mine. That's why we went straight to the router to rule out that as a possibility.

Have you tried putting the local IP of your xbox into the DMZ zone?

I'll give it a try when I get home, but our network has successfully worked with Halo 3, Gears 2, and CoD 4 so I'm quite confused as to why CC won't work.

I'll give it a try when I get home, but our network has successfully worked with Halo 3, Gears 2, and CoD 4 so I'm quite confused as to why CC won't work.

Alright then, tell me what happens.

We couldn't place his Xbox into DMZ because his router was claiming something about MTU Space. This messed up his internet connection completely.

I had another friend host a game and together we were all able to connect and play. However, I couldn't connect to either player when only two of us were trying to connect. Again, we are all on open NAT Xboxes.

I was able to host another single individual on two different occasions earlier today.

If it matters, we all live within 15 minutes of each other and I believe that all of my other games were with people not in my immediate vicinity.

We couldn't place his Xbox into DMZ because his router was claiming something about MTU Space. This messed up his internet connection completely.

I had another friend host a game and together we were all able to connect and play. However, I couldn't connect to either player when only two of us were trying to connect. Again, we are all on open NAT Xboxes.

I was able to host another single individual on two different occasions earlier today.

If it matters, we all live within 15 minutes of each other and I believe that all of my other games were with people not in my immediate vicinity.

If it's only CC, then you can bet it's something to do with CC.

I have noticed some people have problems with the MTU. Best just to manually open the ports. Did he already have an open NAT before placing it into the DMZ zone? If it was already open then there is no need to change. Also i've noticed that some routers aren't compatible with xbox live.. I doubt that's the case here. Anyway the only time I have seen the MTU fail was when xbox live was down.

Could you explained what messed up his connection? Thanks.

I only had the third person to host for a short while, so we just reverted the changes and that's when the group of three was able to play.

His NAT was Open (look at the thread title) before we tried placing the Xbox in the DMZ.

As I mentioned, the issues only happen in CC and we were able to play with three players but not two. I couldn't maintain a direct connection with either player that were involved in the three person party.

I only had the third person to host for a short while, so we just reverted the changes and that's when the group of three was able to play.

His NAT was Open (look at the thread title) before we tried placing the Xbox in the DMZ.

As I mentioned, the issues only happen in CC and we were able to play with three players but not two. I couldn't maintain a direct connection with either player that were involved in the three person party.

Not sure, seems like a problem with the game net code to me. But it's weird how the DMZ mucks up his connection when it's placed outside of the firewall..

I'm putting this back to the top because it is a POST PATCH Open NAT to Open NAT connectivity issue.

I have connected to many players worldwide, but I have trouble connecting to local (Colorado) players for campaign.

We all have Open NATs and have successfully connected and enjoyed multiplayer over Xbox LIVE on other games. A three player game between all three local players was successful. However, I could not play a game (both players hosting) in a direct connection to either player.

I've exhausted my resources for combating this issue. All players have tried isolating the source of the issue among different routers, Xboxes, hard drives, and redownloaded software. It is clearly a CC problem.

Still unsolved with no explanation.

i have no good answers for you as i am working on other things. :cry:

i am curious, have you attempted playing with any other of your friends?

the reason i ask is that i have a friend that i cannot connect to on certain games we try to play (rockband, army of two), but sometimes other games work with her (castle crashers, puzzle fighter).

this isn't an excuse or answer but merely my own personal curiosity.

the reason i ask is that i have a friend that i cannot connect to on certain games we try to play (rockband, army of two), but sometimes other games work with her (castle crashers, puzzle fighter).

I'm having the same problem. I can't connect to a certain friend on castle crashers but we can connect on every other game. What gives?

I've connected to people both on and off my friends list. The two players that I've tried to connect to and had issues are both local (Colorado) to me. We have successfully connected in other games. Castle Crashers remains the only problem game.

Guest Magnus Hydra

You guy should open up the port on your router. Go to http://portforward.com/routers.htm find your router then click on xbox live. It will tell you step by step on how to open your ports. Also update your router firmware. I spent 2 hours trying to open mine. I opened up the ports and the DMZ and everything. That didn't work, someone told me to update my router and now I have no nat problem. BTW if u update your firmware u still got to open the ports or the DMZ. Ether way u will have to set up your router as static. :ugeek:

I just saw the thread http://forums.thebehemoth.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3509 That should clear thing up too. If not as I said update the firmware of your router.

Guest geddesk2

Sign me up on the list as well.

I haven't been able to play with any of the friends on my friends list for the past week. We both get kicked in the load screen after the ready screen.

We have all played together in the past without issue...and all of sudden we can't. :x

All of us can join other custom games...just not each other!

We all bought the King pack hoping it might address the issue but it hasn't.

PLEASE HELP! Nothing has changed on any of our setups...

I had this same problem the other night. Could not connect with my friend on a 2 player XBL game. We've been able to play several games on XBL in the past and nothing has changed since then.

Guest geddesk2

Adding myself to this thread as well. I'm having the exact same issue...can't play w/ anyone on my friends list after the patch.

You guy should open up the port on your router. Go to http://portforward.com/routers.htm find your router then click on xbox live. It will tell you step by step on how to open your ports. Also update your router firmware. I spent 2 hours trying to open mine. I opened up the ports and the DMZ and everything. That didn't work, someone told me to update my router and now I have no nat problem. BTW if u update your firmware u still got to open the ports or the DMZ. Ether way u will have to set up your router as static. :ugeek:

I just saw the thread http://forums.thebehemoth.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3509 That should clear thing up too. If not as I said update the firmware of your router.

Yeah, but problem is that most (if not everyone) here has an open NAT. It's something to do with the game and not their NAT. Lets hope this gets sorted soon.:cry:

Guest 3sicasity

i still have this problem. Does it have to do with the fact that he has the king pack and i don't?

we are still trying to figure out what is going on with this.. is it ONLY people on your freinds list you can't play with?

someone in another thread was having a similar problem and seems to have solved it. I can't vouch for it, but its worth a shot! please let me know if this solves your issue, as it will help us narrow down what is going on!

Wanted to post to say I fixed my issue :D

I did two things:

1: remove the friends I couldn't play with from my list and re-add them

2: The King pack was downloaded to my HD while my gamertag and CC profile were on my MU. I mirgrated those things over to the HD

So if anyone has this issue after downloading the King pack...check to make sure all your CC stuff is stored in either the HD or MU...just not across both!!

we are still trying to figure out what is going on with this.. is it ONLY people on your freinds list you can't play with?

someone in another thread was having a similar problem and seems to have solved it. I can't vouch for it, but its worth a shot! please let me know if this solves your issue, as it will help us narrow down what is going on!

Wanted to post to say I fixed my issue :D

I did two things:

1: remove the friends I couldn't play with from my list and re-add them

2: The King pack was downloaded to my HD while my gamertag and CC profile were on my MU. I mirgrated those things over to the HD

So if anyone has this issue after downloading the King pack...check to make sure all your CC stuff is stored in either the HD or MU...just not across both!!

I have some issues too. At one house, the issue was fixed by enabling UpNP. But at my other place, that was already enabled, and I still get the message "Game no longer available. There may be a problem with your NAT settings."

And even on the house where to problem is solved, I still loose connection occasionally. :roll:

And it is everyone that I end up playing with, not just people from my friends list.

Guest SS_TATTERTOTS

Well I bought this game last week along with the king pack. This is a really awesome game and it made me burnout for most of last week. I have one problem, I cannot connect to my friends game and he cannot connect to me even tho we live 3 minutes away. It just says game is unavailable