Sign in to follow this  
Klepackage

XBLA UNSOLVED POST PATCH 2 player connectivity issues

Guest imb0r3d

Update 4/12/09 - 11:41pm

Tried playing with another friend in the same town, he tried hosting - didnt work. I tried hosting, which also didnt work.

What is going on? Seriously.

For the sake of trying - I kept joining random xbox live games and again - every 4th or 5th game I'd join, we'd actually be able to connect and play.

Seriously Behemoth, this needs to get fixed. Please respond with something...anything!!! The lack of responses to my repeated posts and updates on this situation is making this feel hopeless...

:(

Guest Qyboor

Same problem here.

I host a match, it fails. He hosts a match, that also fails. It would be nice to know if there a possible solution on the horizon, if this problem even has a solution.

Guest Qyboor

I think I found a solution. When you play the game don't invite anyone, just do a public game and let whoever join from that. Hope this works :D.

Guest DarkSynopsis

Sorry to bring up an old topic but was there ever a fix for this?

We both have latest patch and works fine if we have a 3rd but hosting a public game not inviting did not work for just trying to start with 2 players :(

We are still trying to figure this out.

for anyone who is experiencing this issue please let me know:

• [*:1bcc4lho]are you and your friend you are trying to connect to are on the same internet service provider? if so what is that provider?
    [*:1bcc4lho]do you use a cable modem, dsl, etc?
    [*:1bcc4lho]approximately how far away from eachother are you?
    [*:1bcc4lho]what type of xbox360 do you have? Arcade, elite, etc.
    [*:1bcc4lho]is the person you are having trouble starting games with on your friends list?
    [*:1bcc4lho]anything else that you can think of that is a common factor between you and the specific person you can't play with?

Is there anyone in southern California specifically that is having this issue? saaaay within a hundred miles of San Diego?

thanks everyone, we shall solve this mystery!

:arrow:

kelly

• [*:10di3k94]are you and your friend you are trying to connect to are on the same internet service provider. yes
    [*:10di3k94]approximately how far away from eachother are you? about 8 miles the most
    [*:10di3k94]what type of xbox360 do you have? Arcade, elite, etc. we both have the one with the 20 hd dont knoe the name
    [*:10di3k94]is the person you are having trouble starting games with on your friends list?yes
    [*:10di3k94]anything else that you can think of that is a common factor between you and the specific person you can't play with?

none

Is there anyone in southern California specifically that is having this issue? saaaay within a hundred miles of San Diego?no im from mexico, dont know if thats important

thanks everyone, we shall solve this mystery! please :cry:

kelly

o have the same proble so there you go, also theres another guy who turns out to be my neightbor(?), he lives like 30 meters from my house if the 3 of us play theres no problem, but wuth any combination of 2 of us the game fails thanks for reading

Guest Meatpuppet

I guess I missed this post before.. I didnt realize you guys have been trying to "figure this out" for over a year now.

His ISP is Comcast, mine is ATT Uverse

We are about 40 miles away from each other

We both have Arcade xbox's with the hard drive add on

Yes we are on each others Friend list

We are near the San Francisco bay area.. you know you want to come up here to figure this out!

Guest Meatpuppet

Its not a NAT issue. Weve tried connecting directly to our modems in the past. DMZ, ports forwarded.. nothing works.

• [*:1321k1wd]are you and your friend you are trying to connect to are on the same internet service provider? if so what is that provider?
    [*:1321k1wd]do you use a cable modem, dsl, etc?
    [*:1321k1wd]are you using a wifi adapter?
    [*:1321k1wd]do you experience lag before reaching the character select screen even in offline games?
    [*:1321k1wd]approximately how far away from eachother are you (distance)? ie same town, same country, same street, same house?
    [*:1321k1wd]what type of xbox360 do you have? Arcade, elite, etc.
    [*:1321k1wd]is the person you are having trouble starting games with on your friends list?
    [*:1321k1wd]anything else that you can think of that is a common factor between you and the specific person you can't play with?

Is there anyone in southern California specifically that is having this issue? saaaay within a hundred miles of San Diego?

kelly

Guest Jakupi

• [*]are you and your friend you are trying to connect to are on the same internet service provider? if so what is that provider? No, From Australia, Optus

[*]do you use a cable modem, dsl, etc? Modem, through D-link Router

[*]are you using a wifi adapter? No

[*]do you experience lag before reaching the character select screen even in offline games? YES, 20-30 seconds

[*]approximately how far away from eachother are you (distance)? ie same town, same country, same street, same house? same town

[*]what type of xbox360 do you have? Arcade, elite, etc. standard/pro

[*]is the person you are having trouble starting games with on your friends list? yes

[*]anything else that you can think of that is a common factor between you and the specific person you can't play with? I believe its (for me) mainly due to the 20-30 second wait to get to the character select screen

kelly

Thanks for trying to solve the problem (:

Guest M Poulpe

* are you and your friend you are trying to connect to are on the same internet service provider? if so what is that provider?

Not the same providers.

* do you use a cable modem, dsl, etc?

I tested both, with ethernet link.

My friend uses DSL with Wifi-g link.

Both NAT are OK.

* approximately how far away from eachother are you?

300 miles.

* what type of xbox360 do you have? Arcade, elite, etc.

Mine is 60 G, 2009.

His is 20 G, 2008.

* is the person you are having trouble starting games with on your friends list?

Yes.

* anything else that you can think of that is a common factor between you and the specific person you can't play with?

We're both in France, using french language settings.

* Is there anyone in southern California specifically that is having this issue? saaaay within a hundred miles of San Diego?

Nope, but we can run some tests with your team if is helps.

Regards.

Guest Meatpuppet

Linksys, wrt54g both with the stock firmware, and DD-WRT installed. We also tried Netgear wrn834b routers. Currently im on a 2-wire gateway from AT&T. It doesnt seem to be router brand related. Even taking away the router completely didnt do anything to solve this problem in the past.

Guest lonewolf913

2 xboxs in same house

1 xbox elite connected to router directly

1 xbox pro connected wireless

Massillon Cable TV

Netgear router

Regular game will connect fine with 2 players

All you can eat

2 players will connect fine

Arena

2 player start the game it kicks out stating game is no longer available

and the other person has left the game.

3 player still connecting with just the 2 xboxs

same result

4 player still connecting with just the 2 xboxs

same result

3 player or 4 player game

connecting with 2 xboxs and 1 other user

game will start all 3 players were in the match

Guest James Baughnd

I don't know if anyone has posted this before or not, I just glanced over the other posts and I didn't see anything about it. But, if someone did say this first sorry.

Anyways, My friend and I were also having the same issues as many other people have stated, not being able to join each others games with just us playing. However, we can play with each other if one of us creates a 4 player game, with no private slots. This solution has worked with all my friends. Unfortunately, if you want it to work, most of the time, you have to let all the slots get filled before you start the game. Then once it starts you can play with just your friends (by kicking the other people, which is fairly uncool) or just play with the random people that have joined.

Give me some feedback, please tell me if this helped you or not. If it doesn't work I'll post what type of Xbox I'm using, internet connection, etc.

:D Thanks! :D

Guest jcelkay

Any word on this? Just downloaded the game last night and tried to play a 2-player game with a friend. No luck. Any other game works beautifully.

Guest Meatpuppet

Still waiting for a fix. Sure would like to play this with friends sometime BEFORE the next game comes out.

Guest Meatpuppet

Answered those questions on page 4 :) Thanks for keeping the hope alive.

Guest cflacky

Sigh,

My brother and I purchased this game to play online tonight. Sadly we are experiencing the same issue. We both have Time Warner Cable, and live in Lincoln Nebraska.

My brother has the Dlink 524 and I have a Netgear WNR1000v2

Both have ports forwarded and NAT's disabled. To test to see if it was a router, we bypassed the routers COMPLETELY and both directly connected to our Cable modems, same issue.

The only work around is to start a 3 or 4 man team and kick the people who join. This is HIGHLY frustrating, as this essentially ruined the experience for us. The entire point of purchasing this game, was to play a co-op campaign alone. In order to do so, we have to "invite" or have someone "join" so we can start a game? This seems pretty lame, and not very friendly. I've already had two nasty messages from players, and I am quiet frustrated.

Once more, I come to find this issue has been around for 12+ months? What gives? This seems like a pretty wide spread issue but yet gets no real responce? This is one reason I have been hesitent of purcashing DLC as now I have no recourse to get a refund, as I cannot use the game as I intially inteded to do so.

I've tried using 2 controllers locally making a 3 player game, and my brother as well making a 4 player game, nothing works. I am so frustrated, I may attempt to create another xbox live account and login on another 360 and try to host a game.

Is this company looking to fix this problem? If not, what are you going to do for your player base? Yes it was only ten dollars, but I expect the products I purchase to work as advertised.

Thanks in advance.

Guest cflacky

•are you and your friend you are trying to connect to are on the same internet service provider? if so what is that provider?

Yes, Time Warner Cable

•do you use a cable modem, dsl, etc?

Cable Modem

•approximately how far away from eachother are you?

10 to 15 miles

•what type of xbox360 do you have? Arcade, elite, etc.

I have an XBOX 360 S (The new one), he Has an Arcade. I've also tried using my Arcade same problem

•is the person you are having trouble starting games with on your friends list?

Yes, we are on both friend lists

•anything else that you can think of that is a common factor between you and the specific person you can't play with?

We are both Male? Lol, no clue. WE are both extremely frustrated and felt betrayed. I want to smash things! Thanks!

Guest cflacky

We also tried the suggestion to remove each other from our friends list, no go. Sigh.

Guest cflacky

Also, to clarify we are both on an open NAT, but to be safe, we disconnected our router and directly connected to our cable modems, no go.

Thanks, Seems private sessions are still bugged.

Guest TheKanesaw

WOW this is frustrating! So my friend buys this game because I tell him "Oh it's really fun! You should get it!" and we can't connect to each other. I can't answer all those questions on the first page because he's gone to work at this point, but I can tell you some of them...

* are you and your friend you are trying to connect to are on the same internet service provider? if so what is that provider? YES, Time Warner Cable

* do you use a cable modem, dsl, etc? Cable modem

* what brand of router and/or switch are you using? Me? Netgear RP614 v4 Him? Unsure

* approximately how far away from eachother are you? 35 miles

* what type of xbox360 do you have? Arcade, elite, etc. Me? Elite Him? Arcade

* is the person you are having trouble starting games with on your friends list? YES

* anything else that you can think of that is a common factor between you and the specific person you can't play with? No.

Also, something to note, we were able to play ONCE, when a third person joined. Though he turned out to be a @#$!$ so we left.

Needless to say the whole experience really soured the Castle Crashers experience for him and it made me feel bad for recommending it to him.