Sign in to follow this  
Klepackage

XBLA UNSOLVED POST PATCH 2 player connectivity issues

Guest Knawx

I'm trying to play this game with a roommate. We both have the newest Xbox "Slims" or whatever they are called.

We can get into a custom match and play for about 5 minutes, then the game lags, and eventually kicks us out. ????

I'm trying to play this game with a roommate. We both have the newest Xbox "Slims" or whatever they are called.

We can get into a custom match and play for about 5 minutes, then the game lags, and eventually kicks us out. ????

oH snap i forgot to tell you, if there is a 3rd guy (from another xbox) with you you can play normally, thats the only solution i got to play with my friend

Guest kurls
WOW this is frustrating! So my friend buys this game because I tell him "Oh it's really fun! You should get it!" and we can't connect to each other....

...Needless to say the whole experience really soured the Castle Crashers experience for him and it made me feel bad for recommending it to him.

Mate, this is exactly the situation I am in, got a friend round, played the game, blagged him for the rest of the week to get it so we could play and now we just hit this wall.

If we could get money back for these things I would be doing because its completely embarrassing, on my part and on the part of the games makers. I understand your doing everything you can but looking at your blog you've spent a lot of time wondering round looking at your new stuff and nothing about your existing fan base. Not something you should be doing if you want anyone to buy anymore of your stuff, especially since I can find blog and forum posts dating this glitch back to late 2007, cut to 3 years later and you've done nothing about it?

I was going to get alien hominid but who knows if it will even work through to completion now.

SEEKING VOLUNTEERS WHO HAVE THIS ISSUE!!

Since we are working on a Title Update for Castle we would like to address this issue, but are still unable to replicate it in the office. We'd love to talk in depth with some people who are having this issue.

so- please post here or PM me if:

• [*:x25piqw0] you are still experiencing the issue where you are unable to connect to specific other players in a 2 player match only (but you can connect with them if a 3rd player joins).
    [*:x25piqw0]You CAN connect to other players regardless of who is hosting
    [*:x25piqw0]your NAT is open or moderate and you've checked the XBLA ports we've mentioned on the
support page.
[*:x25piqw0]you and the person you are having the issue with are both willing to talk to us about it, your network set ups, etc.
[*:x25piqw0]BIG extra points if either one of you live in Southern California, but not required.

thanks!

:arrow:

kelly

Guest gupp

So I actually registered here solely to try and help you guys. I don't know if it will actually help but anyway. So there's me (old grey Premium Xbox) and my brother (new black Slim xbox). We're both in the same house, me using wired connection to our router, and him using wireless. We can connect to each other just fine. Now there's also his friend (old grey xbox, wired connection directly to hole in the wall, no router at all). None of us can connect to him. My brother wants to play 2-player with his friend. NAT settings are fine on both ends according to connection test. I also opened the correct ports on our router. The only way he and my brother can play is if we start a 3-player game, and they kick me.

Now here's the kicker: the friend just got a new black Slim console and is using a wireless connection. Now it connects just fine with only 2 players! I hope this will help you guys in some way.

Guest gupp

Also a tip to everyone having the issue: if you somehow have access to a third player (a friend or just random online dude), make a 3-player game, then kick the 3rd player. It'll work fine and you can go on playing 2-player.

Also a tip to everyone having the issue: if you somehow have access to a third player (a friend or just random online dude), make a 3-player game, then kick the 3rd player. It'll work fine and you can go on playing 2-player.

did the friend you were having the issues with check the ports and NAT and all before the issue was resolved with the new console? It sounds like moving to the new console and the wireless connection fixed the issue, maybe the xbox moved up in priority on his router, hits different ports, or maybe the cable itself was janky before.

SEEKING VOLUNTEERS WHO HAVE THIS ISSUE!!

Since we are working on a Title Update for Castle we would like to address this issue, but are still unable to replicate it in the office. We'd love to talk in depth with some people who are having this issue.

so- please post here or PM me if:

• [*:1i0lribt] you are still experiencing the issue where you are unable to connect to specific other players in a 2 player match only (but you can connect with them if a 3rd player joins).
    [*:1i0lribt]You CAN connect to other players regardless of who is hosting
    [*:1i0lribt]your NAT is open or moderate and you've checked the XBLA ports we've mentioned on the
support page.
[*:1i0lribt]you and the person you are having the issue with are both willing to talk to us about it, your network set ups, etc.
[*:1i0lribt]BIG extra points if either one of you live in Southern California, but not required.

thanks!

:arrow:

kelly

• [*:1i0lribt] Yes, I am still experiencing this issue exactly as stated.
    [*:1i0lribt] Yes, I can connect regardless of who's host.
    [*:1i0lribt] My NAT is open.
    [*:1i0lribt] I am willing to talk, but my friend cannot be bothered creating a forum account, sorry. :oops: I can forward questions and replies if you wish. :)
    [*:1i0lribt] I don't live in Southern California, I live in Perth, Western Australia.

Glad to be of assistance! :D

I'm experiencing this problem and am open to help you try and find a solution, anything to stop me having to annoy other players but always waiting for a third player.

I'm often in ranked arena and very rarely get to play with one other person as it just disconnects me after muting the game soundtrack.

However, when I have three players in the arena lobby it always works fine.