Sign in to follow this  
Scaler193

Game 3 for wii

I don't think Wii would be a good choice. The concept of the Wii is too have greater interaction with 3D games. For a side-scroller, the whole motion sensing thing would be largely wasted. Plus, think about the differences in selling games for the two platforms. to make a game for Wii, The Behemoth would have to put money into disks, boxes, manuals, distribution, etc. Plus, they would lose some profits to used game stores. Now if they made the game for XBOX Live arcade, they would be able to eliminate a lot of costs from their profit margin. Not to mention there are a lot more people who own an XBOX thn people who own a Wii.

Guest conrad23

How about the new game is on the XBox 360, the PS3, AND the Wii? There's an idea...

Guest ideas frog

I think that pc/mac should be the way to go because almost everyone who's a gamer owns a computer, thus making profits go up. :idea:

Several things.

1) The Wii is far from dying, especially with the release of Wii Fit and Wii Music. You don't understand how many "casual gamers" buy those titles (personally, I'd get Wii Fit just for Shawn White's Snowboarding).

It's making them big bucks, no matter how you look at it.

Plus it's not Nintendo's fault that there are so many crappy party games on the Wii, it's the developers not trying hard enough to make a game that doesn't suck.

2) Casual gamers are indeed not killing us all. They just have a larger populace than the "hardcore gamer", and Nintendo saw that and is making money off of that. The X-Box 360 and the Playstation 3 are still viable options for us "hardcore gamers", we'll just be SoL for Zelda/Metroid titles, which other companies make similar "rip-offs" of on the 360 and PS3 anyways, enough to sate the Action/Adventure fans tastes.

3) I do have to agree the Wii is not a great console for Castle Crashers, and possibly the 3rd game, because of the controller and the lack of HD. The Wii has no HD titles, at all. The controller is just going to suck, as not everyone has a Gamecube or the Classic Controllers, and it needs to be made compatible to at least work for a Wii-Mote with Nunchuck attachment, which looks impossible for Castle Crashers.

4) The Dev team is too damn small, people. ~13 people cannot code multiple platforms of the same game within the desired time frame, period. And I don't know about you guys, but I much rather they work on Game #3 with their own ideas and desired consoles and such. Let them keep it a surprise until they announce anything before jumping to conclusions.

CC wouldn't work for the Wii? Why the hell not? The virtual controller would work find for it, you could just make one of the joysticks of the classic controller use RB/LB's functions.

Read the bold more carefully.

I stated that the Wii doesn't support HD, which Castle Crashers is in, and that not everyone has the classic controller or the Gamecube controller.

Statement 4 also says THE DEV TEAM IS TOO SMALL. :roll:

Sorry if this seems like over-reacting, but I hate it when people don't read/listen carefully, and imply stuff that was never even stated.

Several things.

1) The Wii is far from dying, especially with the release of Wii Fit and Wii Music. You don't understand how many "casual gamers" buy those titles (personally, I'd get Wii Fit just for Shawn White's Snowboarding).

It's making them big bucks, no matter how you look at it.

Plus it's not Nintendo's fault that there are so many crappy party games on the Wii, it's the developers not trying hard enough to make a game that doesn't suck.

2) Casual gamers are indeed not killing us all. They just have a larger populace than the "hardcore gamer", and Nintendo saw that and is making money off of that. The X-Box 360 and the Playstation 3 are still viable options for us "hardcore gamers", we'll just be SoL for Zelda/Metroid titles, which other companies make similar "rip-offs" of on the 360 and PS3 anyways, enough to sate the Action/Adventure fans tastes.

3) I do have to agree the Wii is not a great console for Castle Crashers, and possibly the 3rd game, because of the controller and the lack of HD. The Wii has no HD titles, at all. The controller is just going to suck, as not everyone has a Gamecube or the Classic Controllers, and it needs to be made compatible to at least work for a Wii-Mote with Nunchuck attachment, which looks impossible for Castle Crashers.

4) The Dev team is too damn small, people. ~13 people cannot code multiple platforms of the same game within the desired time frame, period. And I don't know about you guys, but I much rather they work on Game #3 with their own ideas and desired consoles and such. Let them keep it a surprise until they announce anything before jumping to conclusions.

CC wouldn't work for the Wii? Why the hell not? The virtual controller would work find for it, you could just make one of the joysticks of the classic controller use RB/LB's functions.

Read the bold more carefully.

I stated that the Wii doesn't support HD, which Castle Crashers is in, and that not everyone has the classic controller or the Gamecube controller.

Statement 4 also says THE DEV TEAM IS TOO SMALL. :roll:

Sorry if this seems like over-reacting, but I hate it when people don't read/listen carefully, and imply stuff that was never even stated.

Didn't 2-D Boy manage multiple platforms with their hit, "World of Goo"?

Guest dupont

I think the wii audience would be a great fit for a game using the cartoon style that behemoth uses however because Nintendo put so little memory into the wii you can only hold a couple downloadable games at once. That is a real problem. I always have to delete games to make room for the next one. until nintendo fixes that problem, I think downloadable games are better on 360.

Also I think castle crashers stands out nicely on the 360. Most games on that system are cheesy-macho-serious first person shooters that bore me to death. When I saw Castle Crashers for download it looked so much more interesting than the mainstream 360 games that I bought it right away. I think standing out from the pack really helped that game.

I don't get why you guys are saying that the wii wouldnt be a good system for castle crashers. It would be fine for castle crashers. you could download it from the virtual console and play it with a gc controller. The game doesn't have hefty console requirements so the wii would be fine. One thing I would like to see castle crashers for though if the wii doesn't support it is the PC. That would be cool. You could play online with people. That would be cool I think.

hmm heres my answer for why it isn't on wii:

WIFI!!!!!!!!!

Didn't 2-D Boy manage multiple platforms with their hit, "World of Goo"?

They did, WiiWare and the PC, but they have several key differences, which is the amount of coding that needs to be changed through comparison, the development time frame, and the development team size.

CC has a lot more things going on that need different coding for specific consoles, and some code crosses over to the point were they'd most likely be stuck re-writing everything. There's also the fact that a PC is pretty universal for coding, making it so a smart coder could probably add a small file to the WiiWare version of the game to make it computer-savvy.

Sorry, your argument just falls short. :|