Sign in to follow this  
Gamerguy45

Great game but, bad marketing strategy.

This game is amazing; most people say it is terrible. Almost every time someone said it was terrible "I would ask why is it terrible?" They usually reply "It is WAAAY too hard."

The problem is, most people don't realize that the demo makes you play on hard difficulty. I personally didn't notice that it had easier difficulties until I bought it. I thought the first level was easy with practice so I bought it. I'm glad they have easier difficulties though.

In my opinion they should have made people start on easy difficulty; making people play on hard as default turned a lot of people away from the game. In fact, I managed to get quite a few people that didn't like the game to buy it AFTER I told them the difficulty can be turned down.

Yes, people will always complain about something. The game is not super hard if you play it right(aka with a friend)

I play it alone and I can beat the last boss on hard without a problom.I actully had a harder time with a friend XD

Well in a world of halo being easy people want easy, they may say "we want a challenge" and when you give it to them they normally go "This is to hard!". I like this game as much as castle crashers and people just don't like giving a chance sometimes. (sorry if it seems like i am rambling on)

Guest Zomby

The game does have Co Op online right? I thought it was only PDA

My brother played the castle crashers demo (after i begged him to download it) and he barely hit a barbarian ONCE.

And he said F.UCK THIS.

I was sad.

He went to the game marketplace, went to castle crashers, and bought it.

I didn't go to sleep until about 9:30am the next day. (we got it at about 10:00pm)

It is definitely something that we learned from making that game. The demo is most peoples first experience of a game, and if it appears to difficult, you wont want to play the full game. :)

It is definitely something that we learned from making that game. The demo is most peoples first experience of a game, and if it appears to difficult, you wont want to play the full game. :)

i honestly found the first 3 stages harder then the rest of the game...

again if you don't learn all the controls you basically just know how to fire and jump.

Theres so much more you can do like charge your shot, hide in the ground, jump on people etc..

Guest sebastienrb

The game is fun. Tho, it is not addictive. At least, it isn't for me. I did buy the game after all, for 400 ms.

Is it bad marketing? Maybe, maybe not. What I mean is, it is the kind of game I'd like to play if I have 15-60 mins only to play. It isn't a game I'll think of at work, hoping to be quiting time soon and go play it. Gameplay is alright and everything, but it isn't a game you can "commit" to. You don't see your character evolve, only some silly hats. The minute you grab an upgrade orb, you die 15 seconds later.

Nowadays, so many games are available. I think people want to have the feeling of achieving something more than beating their high score. If you compare Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid, in both case you start from point A to point Z. You kill your way through. The only difference is you see your character evolve. At the end, your character is "better" and you do get a feeling of achieving something. You work toward more goals, not only reaching the end. You work on levels, weapons, pets, stats. You see your magic becoming better, etc, etc.

Maybe if Alien Hominid had a way to upgrade your alien ray to permanent "orb upgrades" or something, more people would have see a way to commit to that game and buy it.

Guest r4gingclu3

i only bought alien hominid to get the char for CC but once i sat down and and played it, it was pretty fun. sure its pretty hard, but not in a frustrating way.... it made me want to jump right back in the game and beat that boss that just killed me three times in a row

i only bought alien hominid to get the char for CC but once i sat down and and played it, it was pretty fun. sure its pretty hard, but not in a frustrating way.... it made me want to jump right back in the game and beat that boss that just killed me three times in a row

I was thinking of doing that, but I didn't have any MS and I was too lazy to get more. End of story. Lulz

Guest Red Frostraven

One feeling I have is that the game would have felt LESS hard if the hominid had 5 "hearts" instead of 5 lives per "try"; effectively not increasing the chance of success, nor decreasing it.

I feel bad every time my hominid dies.

Bad as in "Bad at the game".

It's also frustrating to "die" a lot when the bosses do their things for the first time.

Again.

Death.

Death-penalties are very common in alien hominid, and sometimes you can't avoid a death in any concievable way.

Games like Sonic and Super Mario taught us that lives are valuable, and were forgiving, though you only had a very few lives.

Having lots of lives, but little chance of survival makes the game very frustrating untill you realize you CAN spend 20 lives on each map and just start anew on the next one from the map select menu.

I can't imagine how it's possible to defeat the game with only five lives, yet I've completed Sonic 2 and Sonic 1 and Super Mario Bros 3 without losing a single life.