Sign in to follow this  
shesjustaglitch

Movies you just saw, rate them!~

Step Brothers-4.5/5

cloverfield-1/5

Cannot wait to see the haunting of Connecticut- it is based off a true story so you got my 10$ regardless bad or not. In fact, bad is fun to watch because the directors are failing by making the movie have nothing to dow ith the event it the acting looks funny.

Step brothers was vulgar and worthless. I've never felt so terribly about a movie. It's almost as bad as Friday the 13th(2009)

Watchmen deserves an 8.7 for me. The great parts were spectacular, all the Rorschach and Comedian scenes were great, Jack Haley did a great job with him. They did a very nice job with the symbolism, metaphors, and the imagery. I hadn't read the graphic novel before, but I really liked how the movie kind of took The Dark Knight a step further, and used each character as a symbolism about human nature. The violence was very gruesome and, well, violent.

Parts where the movie failed were how they forced in characters like Dr. Manhattan, without providing any characterization. Some parts were a bit cliche, like the saving of the people trapped in the burning apartments. At times the story was hard to follow, and there was too much dialogue.

By the way, not to be homosexual or anything, but I'm glad they put in the blue penis, seeing it kind of reminded me how idiotic and immature people react to the sight of gentiles. It's a nice middle finger to the media.

After accidently PUTTING THIS OIOFDSH UIG WRONG ASOHDSDUIF THREADJUIFHDYUG THE HECK

I thought Slum Dog Millionaire had a magnificent story, but there were many parts that were way too dragged out. Overall, I don't think it deserved as many awards as it one.

Also, not really for the movie, but Heath Ledger as an actor for the Dark Knight, shouldn't have one an Oscar. He didn't do that spectacular of a job acting, I mean most actors can act overly dramatic when hiding behind 5 pounds of make-up. Also, the Oscar isn't designed to honor people, its main purpose is to benefit actor's careers, and the award he won could've gone to somebody's career whom it would benefit.

After accidently PUTTING THIS OIOFDSH UIG WRONG ASOHDSDUIF THREADJUIFHDYUG THE HECK

I thought Slum Dog Millionaire had a magnificent story, but there were many parts that were way too dragged out. Overall, I don't think it deserved as many awards as it one.

Also, not really for the movie, but Heath Ledger as an actor for the Dark Knight, shouldn't have one an Oscar. He didn't do that spectacular of a job acting, I mean most actors can act overly dramatic when hiding behind 5 pounds of make-up. Also, the Oscar isn't designed to honor people, its main purpose is to benefit actor's careers, and the award he won could've gone to somebody's career whom it would benefit.

Now you're posting with portals ;)

EXCELLENT. I would reccomend coming down to Broadway sometime to see it. It's basically a prequel to "The Wizard of Oz", focusing on the life of the Wicked Witch of the West before she was "wicked".

It'll probably alter your perspective on "The Wizard of Oz" forever.

Some other good musicals you might wanna see (if you're into that kind of thing) are "Hairspray", "Spamalot", "Mamma Mia!", and "Mel Brooks' The Producers"

Don't forget "The Lion King", and Queen's "We Will Rock You!". Those plays were excellent.

cloverfield-1/5

You know, you could give a reason for why you didn't like it. I liked Cloverfield. :|

Besides the seizures from watching cloverfield, I thought the whole plot was horribly designed and the situation with the main characters trying to rescue the girlfriend was way too predictable.

Mad Fiddler: Step Brothers isn't meant for everyone. If you don't like the plot, you will hate the movie. If you can remember your childhood, then you should have no problem relating with the movie. I've seen it about 5 times, it can't be that horrible.

Watchmen:

9.3/10

Reason:

I've read the novel AND the 12 comics, and it has been depicted on teh b1gg scr33n well, telling the story almost word by word, using narration by Rorschach and being played out by the characters when he is not present. Though action movie fans will be turned off by its few fighting scenes during the three hours, in-depth movie-goers will love the wonderful story placed throughout the 30's to the late 70's, telling a tale of heroic people, using superhero is an overstatement, since none of them have powers (excluding Dr. Manhattan and possible the worlds smartest man) except brute strength, during a time of possible nuclear war, with Nixon on his 8th term, battling a possible threat to mankind, greater then nukes.

With story that will enthrall you from beginning to unpredictable ending, this movie will not disappoint, if you can get past very few fight scenes and some idiotic dialogue.

EXCELLENT. I would reccomend coming down to Broadway sometime to see it. It's basically a prequel to "The Wizard of Oz", focusing on the life of the Wicked Witch of the West before she was "wicked".

Some other good musicals you might wanna see (if you're into that kind of thing) are "Hairspray", "Spamalot", "Mamma Mia!", and "Mel Brooks' The Producers"

Don't forget "The Lion King", and Queen's "We Will Rock You!". Those plays were excellent.

Sorry for the double post, but Denivire how could you forget "Pinball Wizard"?

I never even heard of it, that'd be why.

In fact, neither has Wikipedia, they only heard of the song made by The Who, just like me.

Unless this is just a local play, or you got the wrong name of the play, all I can say is "I never heard of it".

Besides, I forgot a lot of plays, such as Sweeney Todd, Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet, et cetera. Point is, there is no end to the amount of great plays in today's society, and I have yet to see them all Live. A man can dream though...

Cloverfeild 9/10

Great and inavated movie - points for making me vomit

Coraline 8.5/10

Great animation and story but very slow at sometimes

Disaster movies 3/10

God.. why must this movie exist!

Wat, thats a song by The Who

Oh, thanks for reminding me, Denivire! I loved Sweeny Todd too. It's dark direction was both disturbing and refreshing at the same time. :D

And if you ever see "Mamma Mia", keep in mind that PIERCE BROSNAN CAN'T SING.

That is all.

AND a rock opera.

a rock opera is just a style of album or parts of a song, much like a concept album

AND a rock opera.

a rock opera is just a style of album or parts of a song, much like a concept album

The title of the rock opera is also called "Tommy", not Pinball Wizard. As Cup said, a Rock Opera is basically the entire CD tells a story, where each song fits into the next one like pages to a book. Several bands do this, including Coheed and Cambria.

O_O

So then all I've lived is a lie!?

Rock Lobster wasn't a Lobster with a guitar was it?

:'(

Back on topic, Sweeny Todd, was a good play, the movie I literally couldnt understand what they were saying.

Get back on topic! :P

My review is only going to be on this movie for now. WARNING! SPOILERS!

Blood Diamond

2/10 (I'm being generous)

This is by far one of the few times I'll say I hated the movie.

The story I can consider to be pretty good, and would make a top selling novel probably, no problem.

The plot starts off reasonable, were a village is invaded for no apparent reason, by what can be assumed to be slavers. They instantly put the people to work, or kill them.

What happens afterward made no sense.

One guy tries to hide a diamond in his mouth, gets caught, and then killed. The other, main actor slave, seeing all this, then decides it's a great idea to try and sneak a diamond out as well! Automatically I'm calling the guy an idiot and have the urge to throw popcorn at the screen, but I'm reluctant to be eating nachos.

Big mess, the guy buries it after being chased down, stuff happens conveniently, and he escapes.

Now we learn of Leonardo Decaprio, the one actor I hate with a passion for finding him to be too smug for most of the roles he plays, and makes me want to shove my foot up his rear with excessive force based on that knowledge.

That all said, the film was rather too slow with emotions pouring out of their eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and every other orifice possible, OR the film was shaking in order to say "OMG! FIGHTING! GUNS! RUN MAN!".

Since I was in a theater for the film with friends, one of which liked the movie (the other two were on the fence on their decisions), I had to sit through it, with no DS or PSP with me to take away my severe distaste from this movie and put that time into focusing on something more enjoyable.

Final Decision: For everyone reading this, just know I really hate movies about things happening around the world to begin with. I'm never going there, I can't do anything about it (we are a violent species, afterall), and I know that kind of crap is happening out there, so why the hell do I need a reminder in the form of "entertainment"?

More importantly, who the hell thought up the idea "let's make people know about stuff happening around the world with a medium designed to make people forget about things happening around the world"? That's the most backwards, a-hole move I've seen for movies next to taking something good, like a game, and then making it suck, example being Bloodrayne by Uwe Boll, worst director in the history of directors.

[/textwall]

Toy story 3

10/10

Best movie of 2010 for sure!

good plot perfect animation and kept me laughing the whole time

(also the nostalgia factor in the very beginning and the very end :) EDIT: ...

also everywhere in between :lol: )

Twilight: Eclipse - 1 / 10

A stupid movie with no variety, and nothing to seperate itself from the other two movies. Cheesey acting and lame scripts, worse hour and a half of my entire life.

Spiderman 3: 8.5/10

Treats the series pretty good, and I love what they did with Sandman's character. Venom really felt tacked on though, not the symbiote, but Eddie himself. I only remember seeing him a few times, with all of those times the scenes not being that long, only just a few minutes. Because you didn't really see much of him, and that he did not play much of a big role before, I was quite surprised that he would be the main villain in the end. It just did not feel right to have such a small character to go suddenly into having a giant role. Overall, I liked the movie, and fans of Spiderman should enjoy.

Pan's Labyrinth: 10/10

You must see this movie. It's a masterpiece in every respect.

I gues pan= fauno in english, if thats so...YES my favorite movie, the first movie that made me cry :( , i fully agree with you is a must watch