Sign in to follow this  
shesjustaglitch

Movies you just saw, rate them!~

The Knowing: 5/10

The plot hole meter is above the charts! Also, even though it is two hours, it feels like little is explained. It is just left there for you to think about it. And wow, it was pretty depressing.

How to Train Your Dragon 10/10

It was really good. I was suprised. It's an animated kid's film but at no point was I bored or found it too childish. Good for adults to watch with their kids.

That still in theaters?! Or is it on DVD yet?

Shakugan No Shana - The movie - 10/10 reason: shana drobs a "napalmbomb/fireball" the size of kansas on the most anoying guy ever!

If this scale went to 11(which it dosnt, stupid spinal tap) i would get inception an 11 it was sophisticated, filled with action, and even had romance...how they did that im not sure

*clears throat*

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

10/10

Ah yes I am reviewing the film that sucker punched the box offices in the face. So here I go!!!

Scott Pilgrim was a amazing ride full of love and action. It had some VERY VERY unessecary scenes but that doesn't ruin the amazing movie experience. The story was easy to follow and enjoyable. The action handled well and so was the humor...

Oh well i don't have much more to say.

IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS MOVIE ALREADY SEE IT NOAW!

*WARNING* Includes some scenes that may not be appropiate for children

Scott Pilgrim 9/10

An awesome film, end of story. It has some hilarious jokes, a good enough story, and some stunningly awesome fight scenes

Having said this, the only reason I'm giving it just a 9 is due to the fact that the story doesn't play out exactly as in the original comics. I know this isn't usually an issue with normal comic-book films, but compared to the books, the film missed out massive parts of the plot and re-arranged it, as if to suit the film itself

Still, even with the giant holes in the story (if you read the comics you'll know what I'm talking about), you can't knock great films like this; easily the best movie I've seen in a while :D

I've got a couple film classes in college, so I'll be watching a bunch of movies.

Fatal Attraction - 1/10

This movie is way down there with Art of War III and The Last Airbender movie. It was one of the absolute worst films I've ever seen, and I have absolutely no idea how it got 80% on Rotten Tomatoes. It's unrealistic, wasn't thought out at all, and is probably only loved (blindly) because the people who watch it are so happy with the fact that they're getting scared (I've never understood that pointless concept). Of course, when you're one of those people who isn't particularly entertained by the genius idea of horror movies, you realize just how bad this movie is.

Here, let me summarize it.

Guy has affair with some girl.

75 minutes of the girl slowly going crazy trying to get the guy back pretty much using the same methods over and over (this gets extremely boring).

Girl goes insane.

Girl breaks into the guy's house (don't ask me how, they never explain) and kills a rabbit.

Girl kidnaps guy's daughter, takes her to the carnival, and takes her back home (don't ask me why, they never explain).

Girl breaks into the guy's house AGAIN (They made it clear that everything was locked, and once again they don't even explain how she got in) and attacks guy's wife.

Guy drowns girl in bathtub.

Here's the kicker, girl jumps out of bathtub two minutes later without coughing or even taking a deep breath and attacks the guy with a knife, then gets shot by the guy's wife seconds later. AMAZING WRITING.

And, once again, this movie has 80% on Rotten Tomatoes. That's the same rating as Scott Pilgrim.

I've got a couple film classes in college, so I'll be watching a bunch of movies.

Fatal Attraction - 1/10

This movie is way down there with Art of War III and The Last Airbender movie. It was one of the absolute worst films I've ever seen, and I have absolutely no idea how it got 80% on Rotten Tomatoes. It's unrealistic, wasn't thought out at all, and is probably only loved (blindly) because the people who watch it are so happy with the fact that they're getting scared (I've never understood that pointless concept). Of course, when you're one of those people who isn't particularly entertained by the genius idea of horror movies, you realize just how bad this movie is.

Here, let me summarize it.

Guy has affair with some girl.

75 minutes of the girl slowly going crazy trying to get the guy back pretty much using the same methods over and over (this gets extremely boring).

Girl goes insane.

Girl breaks into the guy's house (don't ask me how, they never explain) and kills a rabbit.

Girl kidnaps guy's daughter, takes her to the carnival, and takes her back home (don't ask me why, they never explain).

Girl breaks into the guy's house AGAIN (They made it clear that everything was locked, and once again they don't even explain how she got in) and attacks guy's wife.

Guy drowns girl in bathtub.

Here's the kicker, girl jumps out of bathtub two minutes later without coughing or even taking a deep breath and attacks the guy with a knife, then gets shot by the guy's wife seconds later. AMAZING WRITING.

And, once again, this movie has 80% on Rotten Tomatoes. That's the same rating as Scott Pilgrim.

Sounds like worse writing than The Room If you have not heard of that Check it out. Its so bad you end up laughing! :lol: anyway go check it out its called The Room

I just saw Machete today.

Best. Movie. Ever.

Edit: To expand on that hyperbole.

The movie was made with every intention of being over the top, ridiculous, and badass at the same time. So we get purposeful tongue in cheek shots making fun of B movies from the 80s while still getting a quality action movie and a comedy at the same time. The director knew what movie he was making and stuck with it the whole movie, I would gladly see it again.

ThanksKilling; No numbers can rate this.

ThanksKilling is the definition of slasher/horror B-movie, except, it wasn't even scary at all. The hilariously bad lines HAD to be a comedy. Nobody could screw up horror THAT bad, right?

It's on Netflix's On Demand service until September 22nd. Be sure to check it out.

However, it has a lot of R-rated stuff, so be mature when you watch it.

Just watched R.E.D. (Retired and Extremely Dangerous)

It was funny, and had quite a lot of action. I felt the ending to be a little rushed, but still hilarious :)

Guest Rebel666

Jackass 3D - 10/10

It makes you squirm, makes you gag, makes you laugh uncontrollably. Later on you will feel like you need to wash your brain with heavy duty soap. It was my first movie ever in 3D. Yeah, being 24 you might find that hard to believe. Anyway, it was well worth it. Jackass 3D deserves being the ONLY movie you see in 3D. Everything else will come no where close to it.

Jackass 3D deserves being the ONLY movie you see in 3D. Everything else will come no where close to it.

Invalid statement is invalid.

Avatar (not the last airbender) was definitely worth seeing in 3D.

I just say Lovely Bones. Three word review ////startup

Twisted. Creepy. Happy.

Guest Rebel666
Jackass 3D deserves being the ONLY movie you see in 3D. Everything else will come no where close to it.

Invalid statement is invalid.

Avatar (not the last airbender) was definitely worth seeing in 3D.

I just say Lovely Bones. Three word review ////startup

Twisted. Creepy. Happy.

I hated Avatar in 2D, why would I want to see it in 3D? It's blown way out of proportion. At least with Jackass, you can laugh when you see the water splash from the "Rocky" takes.

You didn't even have to like the movie itself, it was just beautiful.

I'm not saying JA is not the only movie worth seeing in 3D, because I have yet to see it.

Guest Rebel666

The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus is beautiful. To each their own though.

i remember that movie, VERY good. A tad bit ranndom though.

i remember that movie, VERY good. A tad bit ranndom though.

Yeah nice movie

Jackass 3D - 10/10

It makes you squirm, makes you gag, makes you laugh uncontrollably. Later on you will feel like you need to wash your brain with heavy duty soap. It was my first movie ever in 3D. Yeah, being 24 you might find that hard to believe. Anyway, it was well worth it. Jackass 3D deserves being the ONLY movie you see in 3D. Everything else will come no where close to it.

I'm not 18 yet (although I am pretty close now), so I'm getting one of my friends to buy me a ticket to see Jackass 3D

I love how reviewers are saying stuff like 'its the best use of 3D filming yet'

It was released today in the UK, but a bunch of us are waiting until next saturday, so we can go and see it for a friend's birthday. Looking forward to eet :lol:

Guardians of Ga'hoole- 10/10 This was just a beautiful movie....

R.E.D- 10/10 Had me laughing the whole movie. :lol:

MegaMind-8/10 It had it's comedic parts. But it was the same old story.

Serenity (Firefly series). Series is cancelled but won Best Sci-Fi series of all time six years after it was cancelled. Out of five stars, I give it five billion. It was so awesome, I had a seisure as the credits rolled.

Zombieland - 9/10

Great film, basically Left4Dead in film format :lol:

I had to knock a point off though, mainly because the story seemed pretty unbelievable in places

For a comedy, its genius. For an action film, its genius. For a zombie film, its pretty much the same. But I feel the story could have been a little more believable

Then again, for a film like this, sometimes its best if the story is a little unbelievable in places. If it weren't then it wouldn't be as funny

And I loved the opening soundtrack, too ;)