Sign in to follow this  
Guest efkimo

IGN SCORE!

Yeah but IGN sucks. So that means it's a 10.0

That's a retarded thing to say.

Out of all the huge gaming sites I reckon IGN is actually pretty good with their scores. Anyways, it's better if they score too low than too high.

Yeah i'm just playing, but here's a tip guys. If any site ever gives ANYTHING a 10.0, then trust me, you want to work there. Those guys are in the money making business.

If you get my drift.

A 10 is always gonna be an exaggeration, if anything... a 9.9. At best. Ever.

i tried finding the readable review of it on IGN, but it says it doesnt exist, even after clicking on the 9.0 which usually brings you to the review :roll:

Crazy. Wonder what problems they had with it to make it 9 instead of 10, besides the crapping everything :lol:

Probably the only thing that I could ever think people would find a bit annoying about beat-em ups, and that's repetition. These kinds of games are always great because they're easy to pick up and play for extended periods of time, but combat DOES get a bit hack-n-slashy time to time. While most people will instantly like the game for it's accessibility, really adoring the genre for everything it is is what I find to be an acquired taste.

Guest burntredbeanbun

There are more moves in this than in too human. Just sayin'

Yeah but IGN sucks. So that means it's a 10.0

That's a retarded thing to say.

Out of all the huge gaming sites I reckon IGN is actually pretty good with their scores. Anyways, it's better if they score too low than too high.

Agreed.

Ign actually does things right.

IGN is crap but OXM gave this a 8.5?

Guest Blobfish

IGN review. Not sure if it counts as the official IGN review or watev.

Negatives:

There are two issues which will likely hamper your enjoyment of combat in Castle Crashers. There are a few spots throughout the game where the environment or effects (damn you to hell, confetti) make it very difficult to see what is going on. It can get frustrating, because there's really no place for these moments of diluted visuals. This is not often a concern, but it certainly does come up.

The other issue is far more prevalent. And that's long-ranged attacks. Most enemies have some form of long-ranged attack and will use it while you are battling their friends. When you are unleashing a devastating combo on a soldier, his buddy will be at the edge of the screen launching arrows into your back and disrupting your moves. As you turn to confront him, the other character will then start shooting at your back. It's going to piss you off -- especially if you play alone. It's a credit to Castle Crashers' inventiveness and addictive elements that it won't stop you from pressing on.

Closing comments:

Castle Crashers takes the best elements of traditional side-scrolling beat-em-ups and adds lots of flair. There's some great humor here and some nice surprises that will please most. Of course, the most important thing is that it's a whole lot of fun -- especially when you play with friends. While there are some cheap moments with enemies firing at your backside, the bulk of Castle Crashers is an enjoyable ride and one every 360 owner should experience.

Presentation: 8.0

A simple story told with style.

Graphics: 9.0

A fantastic art style mixes with some nifty effects. It runs well offline and online.

Sound: 8.0

The music is whimsical and the sound effects are solid.

Gameplay: 9.0

Simple, addictive gameplay. This is a brilliant modernization of the classic side-scrolling beat-em-up.

Lasting Appeal: 9.5

It only takes a few hours to beat, but there's plenty of reason to come back and play through multiple times.

Overall: 9.0

Outstanding

(out of 10 / not an average)