Sign in to follow this  
Guest nightassassin

Newer Updated Controls (also better arrow system)

Guest nightassassin

Ok guys this is my first post :D

But anyway, it's not that I have a problem with the current castle crashers controls but I'd like to make a suggestion for the next game's controls. I think arrows should have a better position then in the list of items. In fact, I think arrows should be simply the B button. You press B you only get arrows nothing else. No list of items for that button. RT X (magic and X button) should shoot ranged attack while RT B (magic and arrow) shoots a magical arrow that has certain effects on its target (maybe even a homing arrow). This implies that when you are in the air RT X (magic X button) shoots your ranged magic missile. Also air RT B (magic and arrow) shoots the same magic arrow but in some cool ranged arc.

Since the B button no longer supports items, instead left bumper (or right) should use the selected items while right bumper (or left) cycles through them. Customizable depending on which you prefer to do what.

I really enjoy archery in most games and I was kind of disappointed by it in castle crashers. I would like to be able to do more with arrows in the future. Perhaps arrows to melee combos? Or the infamous triple shot, homing arrows, rapid fire, fire/ice/poison/lightning arrows, grinding arrows (can hit more then one person with one arrow or same person multiple times), just some suggestions.

If anyone sees any obvious flaws in this system please point them out. Thanks

-night

Ok guys this is my first post :D

But anyway, it's not that I have a problem with the current castle crashers controls but I'd like to make a suggestion for the next game's controls. I think arrows should have a better position then in the list of items. In fact, I think arrows should be simply the B button. You press B you only get arrows nothing else. No list of items for that button. RT X (magic and X button) should shoot ranged attack while RT B (magic and arrow) shoots a magical arrow that has certain effects on its target (maybe even a homing arrow). This implies that when you are in the air RT X (magic X button) shoots your ranged magic missile. Also air RT B (magic and arrow) shoots the same magic arrow but in some cool ranged arc.

Since the B button no longer supports items, instead left bumper (or right) should use the selected items while right bumper (or left) cycles through them. Customizable depending on which you prefer to do what.

I really enjoy archery in most games and I was kind of disappointed by it in castle crashers. I would like to be able to do more with arrows in the future. Perhaps arrows to melee combos? Or the infamous triple shot, homing arrows, rapid fire, fire/ice/poison/lightning arrows, grinding arrows (can hit more then one person with one arrow or same person multiple times), just some suggestions.

If anyone sees any obvious flaws in this system please point them out. Thanks

-night

I think the only flaw I see here is, what if game #3 has nothing to do with castle crashers, or arrows? That's just me. I am not sure what they are up to (not an employee), we will know more about this game this month, or so I have heard...

Guest nightassassin

Well this would assume that the next game would be castle crashers 2. A much more advanced and larger game. This is just what I thought was missing a little in castle crashers so if Behemoth made a sequel then they would try to make major improvements on what is the current castle crashers.

Eventually they are going to make another castle crashers involving similar stuff e.g arrows. I can assume this because Castle Crashers was an extremely successful game. They would want to tap into that great fan base again because they would make a lot of money.

Also how would it be "way too intricate" if they did the EXACT same thing for magic. Excluding the swapping of button controls.

-night

Well this would assume that the next game would be castle crashers 2. A much more advanced and larger game. This is just what I thought was missing a little in castle crashers so if Behemoth made a sequel then they would try to make major improvements on what is the current castle crashers.

Eventually they are going to make another castle crashers involving similar stuff e.g arrows. I can assume this because Castle Crashers was an extremely successful game. They would want to tap into that great fan base again because they would make a lot of money.

Also how would it be "way too intricate" if they did the EXACT same thing for magic. Excluding the swapping of button controls.

-night

I can neither confirm nor deny this, but I'm positive the next game will not be a sequel. They said somewhere that they don't like making sequels or something like that.

The only problem is that The Behemoth probably did not want to focus to much on the bow and arrow, as it was just a long range weapon. I don't think it's intricate, I think it would take too much time to perfect.

Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with the controls.  Oh, and I think this thread is kinda pointless since I highly doubt they will make a sequel.  Besides, the game wrapped up nicely, and unless the entire story cannot be packed into one game and requires more games(ex. Halo trilogy), then a sequel kills the game.

Guest nightassassin

Well I personally enjoy using arrows to actually kill my enemies instead of knocking them down while spamming. Also, so what if you guys think they won't make a sequel, I thought they might make a sequel and made a thread on it. It's not "pointless" its me expressing my opinion. Oh and your whole deal about a story line, Castle Crashers doesn't really have a story line outside of saveing 4 princesses then one turns into a clown. It makes no sense and it's not supposed to, oh no kill the evil wizard who stole some crystal that we were never told anything about and ride it all the way back to the castle. Then we get to kiss some clown. Get the point? A sequel will not kill the game (or story line), Castle Crashers was made to be silly and they could make another if they wanted. If behemoth doesn't want to then good for them, but your not the one choosing whether or not to make another Castle Crashers game.

do you listen?

The behemoth said themselves they do not like to make sequels.

Please, before posting anyhting you think you know, make sure you really DO know. If you post like your smart and get something wrong, it really makes you look like a bg dumby.

No offense, but seriously, your new to these forums, so id get used to the atmosphere and learn some stuff and read some devblogs before you start posting like a i-know-everything-even-though-im-new guy.

Weve had to many people problems here, so thanks for taking the time to read this post.