Sign in to follow this  
Zwolf11

Any Gripes with Game 3?

Sure, the game looks amazing. Sure, it looks so awesome that if it touches store shelves, the whole world will explode with win. But, there are a million threads about the awesomeness (it's a real word...in my world) of game 3.

However, my question is, is there anything about the trailer that just kinda made you go, huh? Just a little constructive critisism for Dan to make this game all it can be.

I for instance, do not like the timer at the top. It should be in a blockier font, not a digital readout, it looks kind of like if you don't finish something in time the game is going to explode, when it should look more like, you have this much time to have fun!

Also, I'm not too fond of how zoomed out the screen is, it makes it hard to keep track of your character and makes the details of the character (or thereby lack of, not saying it's a bad thing), kind of hard to see. It kind of reminds me of super smash brothers and how EVERY critic ever has made the comment of how far zoomed out the screen is. Please Dan, don't make the same mistake as them :cry: .

Finally, athough you can assume there is character customization (head shape, facial detail, color), there should be some way to customize the body as well with some accessories. The bodies all look plain and exactly the same :P.

So, post your thoughts on the trailer and what you thought could use some improvement. By posting here, you aren't saying the game is bad, you're just saying there are some areas of the beta that need to be revised.

EDIT: I also think you should be able to choose different colors for your character's body and head, so it's not so monotone and boring :P.

The way I see it, this doesn't seem to have the charm of TB's previous installments. They could've made something alot better like an R-type clone or an Astro Boy clone (with 2-player co-op), just to name a few. This just feels too modern and like something you play on the Wii. It's nothing more than an updated version of the PDA games. It's pretty funny how some people were so emotional about the trailer saying things like "OMG this was the most epic thing I've ever seen! *cries*".

Like I said, I was totally expecting something more arcady and stuff, cause right now this just does not look that appealing to me. Guess I'll have to wait and see future announcements of this game.

Also I think you should be able to have different colors for your head and body like in my avatar, it's so much more visually appealing than all the other ones :P.

Personally, I would like to see the addition of melee attacks besides head stomping. Even just kicking someone seems viable. Chainsaws, or something similarly absurd might make for a good weapon. (And with all my jokes about Knife Eye Attacks, I don't actually think it would be too hot an idea) The funny reactions to being shin kicked would be gold, especially in a game like soccer. I could totally imagine one of the little guys hopping up and down on his leg holding his shin. :)

I personally like that Crashing the Castle ideas...

you know what! Im going to make a whole new thread called Warz...maybe the TB will pick up on it!

Guest gameqb11

my only gripe is that it might not have a meaty single player experience. im all for multiplayer, but only if its in addition to a great single player game.

then again i have no idea of how great a multiplayer game this will be.

Yeah, I really hope it has more of a single player mode. I don't always want to play with other chaps, so if it doesn't have a really good campaign (or whatever) then I'll be p1ssed. :roll:

what? do you not play well with others or something? :lol:

Yeah, I really hope it has more of a single player mode. I don't always want to play with other chaps, so if it doesn't have a really good campaign (or whatever) then I'll be p1ssed. :roll:

I still need that achievable for Fallout 3... :P

But I'd have to agree. Although a game can have a great multiplayer experience, if it doesn't have a solid single player campaign, it just is not as appealing. Happened to a lot of people with Halo 2 and 3. Sure the online was phenomenal for both of them, but people kept complaining that the storyline was very lack-luster and was a disappointment to them.

I think that there was really nothing wrong with it. It looked awesome. I just hope for a few things.

1. Have a story mode which you could play it solo or with some friends.

2. Have bosses and a boss rush (PLEASE WORLD, MAKE THIS HAPPEN! PLEASE HAVE BOSSES!)

3. Have tons of mutiplayer modes

4. Tons of weapons

5. I will think some more :|

BTW, this is just like a early stage. So there might be more stuff on the full game. ;)

Guest eieio1

I just hope they manage to get online games down so we can actully play with other people without it kicking everybody, oh yer and without lvl 256's.

I just hope they manage to get online games down so we can actully play with other people without it kicking everybody, oh yer and without lvl 256's.

I wouldent say without 256's because i doubt your characters level up in the new game, but yes no cheaters.

I wouldent say without 256's because i doubt your characters level up in the new game, but yes no cheaters.

I don't see how you could cheat.

Well, maybe teleportation.

I don't see how you could cheat.

Well, maybe teleportation.

Make your punches insta-kill

Guest Pikku

I still need that achievable for Fallout 3... :P

But I'd have to agree. Although a game can have a great multiplayer experience, if it doesn't have a solid single player campaign, it just is not as appealing. Happened to a lot of people with Halo 2 and 3. Sure the online was phenomenal for both of them, but people kept complaining that the storyline was very lack-luster and was a disappointment to them.

That's why I didn't get Left 4 Dead yet, and I might not get it until it's maybe $20

I think the gameplay is terrible.

Oh wait... :D

Can't gripe about something I haven't really played. I don't even know what it's remotely about at this point.

Guest Phanom

Judging by what I have seen so far it looks like its going to be amazing in terms of graphics and gameplay just like Ailen Homnid and Castle Crashers, but again I don't think we can tell that much about it untill it comes out. Personaly though I have faith in Behmouth to make it full of win

I agree with different bodys like my guy I hope cuz the regular assasin looks too plans, come on Dan add some umf. Also a capture the flag mode would be awesome, I would love to see those little guys with flags in there hands running on the screen. I would post more but I got to go.

Personally, I would like to see the addition of melee attacks besides head stomping. Even just kicking someone seems viable. Chainsaws, or something similarly absurd might make for a good weapon. (And with all my jokes about Knife Eye Attacks, I don't actually think it would be too hot an idea) The funny reactions to being shin kicked would be gold, especially in a game like soccer. I could totally imagine one of the little guys hopping up and down on his leg holding his shin. :)

Don't remember who said that, but, you CAN have weapons, and there are melee attacks, you can punch ppl. foo'.

Xriloku said that...silly me.