Sign in to follow this  
Guffawer

Game #3 Mode Ideas

We know about the Territories Mode, soccer game mode, and others, but what other modes await in Game #3? Post your ideas here!

Perhaps one mode would just be an all out battle royale.

Although they have soccer, I think some funny form of CTF should be made. I had an idea, kinda like this:

Capture the Fridge!

The teams each have one fridge. They also have health bars. Now, it's a one life fight, so you REALLY don't want to die. But there isn't any way to heal. Except the fridges. Now, if you eat from you team's fridge, you keep health. However, it gets easier and easier for the other team to pick up your fridge, and move it across the map. So you run the risk of making it too light, but having a full team, or having a heavy fridge, but your team is on it's last legs.

The team that loses all of it's players loses.

Scoring with the other team's fridge ONCE is a win.

So for those who didn't read:

Heavy fridge, fridge restores health but becomes lighter=fridge carrier moves faster.

Although they have soccer, I think some funny form of CTF should be made. I had an idea, kinda like this:

Capture the Fridge!

The teams each have one fridge. They also have health bars. Now, it's a one life fight, so you REALLY don't want to die. But there isn't any way to heal. Except the fridges. Now, if you eat from you team's fridge, you keep health. However, it gets easier and easier for the other team to pick up your fridge, and move it across the map. So you run the risk of making it too light, but having a full team, or having a heavy fridge, but your team is on it's last legs.

Heavy fridge, fridge restores health but becomes lighter=fridge carrier moves faster.

Haha, I love it. I'd love this kind of mode, I and my friends would probably be yelling at each other the whole time.

Tag mode.

Your basic one persons it, the others run away, after 5 minutes whoever wasn't tagged the longest wins.

Haha nice! This is based off of your Tag idea:

Infected:

One person starts as a skeleton character and has to touch other players. Once you're touched (when you're not infected) you become a skelton in a puff of green clouds. Get everyone to be infected, and the game is over. Depending on how much people are playing, there will be a different amount of Infected characters. Greenish smoke always follows infected for visual display.

Capture the Fridge!

Great idea! I can imagine screaming "OM NOM NOM" when eating. :lol:

Well, this may be because I'm addicted to TF2, but a capture point game would be fun :P

So would capture the flag :shock:

I should probably stop posting before I start suggesting character ideas :lol:

Well, this may be because I'm addicted to TF2, but a capture point game would be fun :P

So would capture the flag :shock:

I should probably stop posting before I start suggesting character ideas :lol:

I was thinking of a Contol Point capture thing too blob. YOU ARE NOT ALONE ON THAT ADDICTION. I've played that nonstop since I got it.

Great idea! I can imagine screaming "OM NOM NOM" when eating. :lol:

Haha, I love it. I'd love this kind of mode, I and my friends would probably be yelling at each other the whole time.

Funny thing is, I was originally planning to make a game with my friend that was REALLY similar to Game # 3 before the Behemoth released the trailer. So this mode was taken from the game we were going to make.

How do I feel about it?

Well, I'm a bit sad, but at the same time, now I don't have to worry about doing any work!

And it's going to be made by my favorite developer!

Although, it'll probably be completely different, by the time it's released. They were only similar in concept, anyway (2D multiplayer platformer with similar art style, plus co-op moves).

I have a great idea maybe we as a forum can make a fan based version of Castle Crashers you know make the whole Demo Version and put it on New Grounds :o It might seem long and impossible but I think we can do it

Destruction Mode

----------

Both players start out with their own tower and 5 - 10 flammable/explosive blocks scattered on top and below the tower. Each player must get a fire power-up from their base and touch the other players block on their side of the tower. There would be a timer that shows the amount of time that block would explode (preferably 5 - 10 seconds).

The opponent would then have a limited amount of time to get back in their base and get a water power-up that can cool down the block and basically "repair" it.

The player whose tower is destroyed or who has the most damage when the time runs out (3:00 - 5:00 minutes) loses.

Capture the Fridge!

brilliant idea man, I would play all day long

Capture the Fridge!

cough cough, fat princess, cough cough

Destruction Mode

----------

Both players start out with their own tower and 5 - 10 flammable/explosive blocks scattered on top and below the tower. Each player must get a fire power-up from their base and touch the other players block on their side of the tower. There would be a timer that shows the amount of time that block would explode (preferably 5 - 10 seconds).

The opponent would then have a limited amount of time to get back in their base and get a water power-up that can cool down the block and basically "repair" it.

The player whose tower is destroyed or who has the most damage when the time runs out (3:00 - 5:00 minutes) loses.

I kind of like this idea. Makes me think of a Defend Your Castle game. Here's another idea:

Robot Siege!

You and your friends have gotten home after a nice, long, game of soccer. However, you see a shadow of a man outside. IT'S A ROBOT! You quickly board up your house, and run to your upstairs balcony. But wait! There's a whole horde outside!

So you have two teams here:

Robots

Human/animal things

Human/animal thingy Gameplay

So one group has a large block fortress. But, it's able to be destroyed, and you have a whole horde of robots outside, ripping at it. There's the usual weapons, but be aware that you can be robotified IF:

You're outside your base too long (air pollution)

You get pulled into the robot pit

You are killed

The robot pit is exactly what it sounds like. A little machine that people are thrown into to be turned into robots!

The base can be repaired if you can find little toolboxes outside, and you can kill the horde from atop your battlements. You have a little health bar, much like in the last game mode I made, which can be replenished by finding little first aid kits that can be given to team mates as well as yourself. You can be hurt by robots, but you can't be killed unless there's a group, due to the low damage output of a robot.

Robot Gameplay:

Congrats! You got robotified! You'll be spending the remainder of the game trying to kill the little guys in the fortress. You'll probably spend some time trying to destroy the door, but you can also roam around trying to kill some survivors, thanks to your happy AI teamates doing the work for you!

Robots can:

Respawn!

Laser!

Grab survivors to throw into the Robot pit!

Claw!

However, you don't do very much damage, so attack in groups! You'll eventually break through the wall, don't worry!

The laser, as I'm sure you're worried about game balance, is a stun gun that does little damage. You mainly use it to immobilize survivors so you can convert them to your team!

Since you're a robot, you can also grab some the little toolkits meant for base repair to repair yourself! You dirty little cheater!

Winning Conditions

The timer goes all the way down to zero, meaning the survivors win.

The survivors are all eliminated, meaning the bots win.

But wait, there's more!

TEAM ROBOT SEIGE

There's those dirty little punks in that other fortress! They've been stealing your supplies left and right! It's time to go show those punks who's boss!

Yep, it's pretty much the same thing, but now you're working together to kill the other team as well! Out-survive the other team! Same rules, but now you can bust down the other team's door to let the robots into their base.

Winning Conditions

The robots eliminate BOTH teams before the timer expires.

One team out-survives the other.

The game goes into sudden death when the timer expires, meaning that both of the bases doors are busted down. If you survive the Robot onslaught, your team wins! The last team standing wins, by the way.

Hope you like this one! I put a lot of thought into it.

Destruction Mode

----------

I kind of like this idea. Makes me think of a Defend Your Castle game. Here's another idea:

Robot Siege!

You and your friends have gotten home after a nice, long, game of soccer. However, you see a shadow of a man outside. IT'S A ROBOT! You quickly board up your house, and run to your upstairs balcony. But wait! There's a whole horde outside!

So you have two teams here:

Robots

Human/animal things

Human/animal thingy Gameplay

So one group has a large block fortress. But, it's able to be destroyed, and you have a whole horde of robots outside, ripping at it. There's the usual weapons, but be aware that you can be robotified IF:

You're outside your base too long (air pollution)

You get pulled into the robot pit

You are killed

The robot pit is exactly what it sounds like. A little machine that people are thrown into to be turned into robots!

The base can be repaired if you can find little toolboxes outside, and you can kill the horde from atop your battlements. You have a little health bar, much like in the last game mode I made, which can be replenished by finding little first aid kits that can be given to team mates as well as yourself. You can be hurt by robots, but you can't be killed unless there's a group, due to the low damage output of a robot.

Robot Gameplay:

Congrats! You got robotified! You'll be spending the remainder of the game trying to kill the little guys in the fortress. You'll probably spend some time trying to destroy the door, but you can also roam around trying to kill some survivors, thanks to your happy AI teamates doing the work for you!

Robots can:

Respawn!

Laser!

Grab survivors to throw into the Robot pit!

Claw!

However, you don't do very much damage, so attack in groups! You'll eventually break through the wall, don't worry!

The laser, as I'm sure you're worried about game balance, is a stun gun that does little damage. You mainly use it to immobilize survivors so you can convert them to your team!

Since you're a robot, you can also grab some the little toolkits meant for base repair to repair yourself! You dirty little cheater!

Winning Conditions

The timer goes all the way down to zero, meaning the survivors win.

The survivors are all eliminated, meaning the bots win.

But wait, there's more!

TEAM ROBOT SEIGE

There's those dirty little punks in that other fortress! They've been stealing your supplies left and right! It's time to go show those punks who's boss!

Yep, it's pretty much the same thing, but now you're working together to kill the other team as well! Out-survive the other team! Same rules, but now you can bust down the other team's door to let the robots into their base.

Winning Conditions

The robots eliminate BOTH teams before the timer expires.

One team out-survives the other.

The game goes into sudden death when the timer expires, meaning that both of the bases doors are busted down. If you survive the Robot onslaught, your team wins! The last team standing wins, by the way.

Hope you like this one! I put a lot of thought into it.

why not zombies instead of robots?

Race

Each player has a tofu (Horse, refrigerator... choose your own adventure) of their own and has to race to the finish much like the windmill run in CC but you can punch each other and get power ups.

The one on the lead has bigger chance oh getting weapons since he's in the first position however the rest of the players have 30% increased speed so that they have a chance.

The power ups will be picked up from multiple locations while racing and there will be obstacles in the way that for example needs you to jump to higher places and stuff like that but the difference from this and the windmill run is that you wont be going in just one direction and the screen does not move constantly heres an example of the race track:

................................................... |

Start here......................----............--|

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,jump here jump here so you can get up

the dots are ground and the hyphens are higher places.

why not zombies instead of robots?

Race

Each player has a tofu (Horse, refrigerator... choose your own adventure) of their own and has to race to the finish much like the windmill run in CC but you can punch each other and get power ups.

The one on the lead has bigger chance oh getting weapons since he's in the first position however the rest of the players have 30% increased speed so that they have a chance.

The power ups will be picked up from multiple locations while racing and there will be obstacles in the way that for example needs you to jump to higher places and stuff like that but the difference from this and the windmill run is that you wont be going in just one direction and the screen does not move constantly heres an example of the race track:

................................................... |

Start here......................----............--|

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,jump here jump here so you can get up

the dots are ground and the hyphens are higher places.

Cool idea. I like your diagram! But the reason it's robots instead of zombies is because:

Robots were in the trailer

Dan wouldn't have to draw new sprites for robots

Zombies are becoming cliche.

I originally was going to do zombies, but I found that robots would be a newer, interesting twist that wasn't overused. Kind of like how TB is using soccer instead of CTF.

Mode: Tower Ascension

Goal: Be the first to climb the enormous fortress and claim your gem!

Gameplay: Tower Ascension is a free-for-all mode, where everyone is trying to climb a massively large tower with a multitude of dangerous obstacles in your way. You can kill other players if you want, after which they'll respawn at the nearest checkpoint on the tower.

How to win: Be the first to reach the top of the tower!

Well, it's not the best, but I think it'd be cool. :D

My Crashing the Castle idea might work here, only you capture the heart...WAIT!

WE CAN USE TEH FRIDGE IN DIS TOO!

The goal is to capture teh fridge, but you can heal by using bought potions, ect.

Yay I gotz ideas too! :D

Fast Food Bash: Each team has a building with a door, window, and a fridge. (Lol lots of these mode ideas uses a fridge :| ) The buildings' door leads to a place were there is lots of food and weapons. (All buildings are connected that room) Cars will drive by your window with a person in it. A speech bubble will appear above them and show a image of food they want. (example: a tomato) You and your team would have to find a tomato in the place with food. When you find the food the person wants, grab it, go back to the door, open it, go to the window, and your team gets a point. If you go back there to find the person gone, that is because they will only wait for a certain amount of time (different people wait for different time) until they get angry and leave. (They will also leave if you give them the wrong food) You can put that food in your fridge, and you can open it to take it out again, good for if somebody comes by the window and that is the food they want to get. You can also just go around the place grabing food and keep putting the food in your fridge. One problem, when you take a food, it does not reappear again until it is given to a hungry person at a window. So the more food in your fridge, the less there is out on the food place, less food means the other teams are not getting any. Oh no! :cry: There is a meter that shows the number of food in each teams' fridge, so your foes can know who has the most right away. Your foes can rade your building, but you can rade theirs too. When a foe jumps on your fridge or uses a weapon or attack, some of the food will shoot in the air and fall back into the room where all the food is. So taking alot of the food is good but bad also. (Note that when the food is given to the person, it may not appear in the same spot. So if you found a pizza in corner, it could next appear on top of a platform, ect.) When an foe kills you, you will reappear in your building in 10 seconds. (If you were holding food when you die, you just drop the food in the spot were you died.)When you reappear, light goes around room, stunning foes who are in room for a very small bit, giving you time to react. In the food room you can also find weapons you can use. When the timer hits zero, the team with the highest points wins.

Well that is my idea. I may do some editing to this some other time and will draw a image on what I mean. I have more ideas and I will put them on later. Yayz :D

Capture the Fridge would be classic. I would love to play that :P

VIP would be cool.

Each team has a special team-mate, the VIP, to score a point you must kill the opposing team's VIP. So you have to try and protect your own VIP whilst at the same time attempting to kill the other one.

:D

if it hasnt been suggested before, cops and robbers

the cops try to capture the robbers by punching them to grab them by the seat of their pants and bring them back to a fridge jail. they can also throw the robbers away. meanwhile the robbers can rescue their comrades by tagging them in the fridge or when being carried. The robbers can win by stealing a gem in a safe in the cops base and the cops can win by capturing all the robbers