Sign in to follow this  
Scaler193

Why shoudn't I use ms paint?

MS paint is sometimes better then other picture modifiers in the hands of a skillful drawer but most of the time MS paint just makes something look half-balloon

M$ paint does not have all of the features of other art programs.

For example, for drawings, Flash CS4 will auto correct your shaky drawings by straightening out free hand lines.

GIMP and Photoshop can be used to make signatures much better by adding effects to them, and you can download brushes.

My favourite program is ms paint... It's not the program it's your skill with the program... "A bad workmen blames his tools"

My favourite program is ms paint... It's not the program it's your skill with the program... "A bad workmen blames his tools"

And bad tools blame the workmen :|

In MS paint it's harder to choose colors. Just takes a bit longer.

Effects make signatures and avatars made using other programs better. IF the maker actually puts some effort into using the right effects, etc.

For example, you could blur edits you put in to make it blend in with the rest of the picture with some programs. Not paint, though.

You can't go back and edit each part of a picture in paint as easily. Photoshop and GIMP have layers, which you can use to move or change parts of a picture separately.

Transparency is awesome. But you can't do it in paint, because paint doesn't work for .png images that support transparency.

paint.net is another "better" image editing program, haven't tried it though. Only for windows users.

I recommend you try downloading other programs and trying them. If you download from the official site, there won't be viruses.

No, MS Paint compared to other programs is like comparing a plastic knife to an electric knife. The better the tools, the better quality work produced. (Depending on skills)

Not much artwork is produced using MS PAINT.

You can infact make most things if you put time into the drawings...

Here's something I made like 4 months or so ago...

magici.png

It has a gradient because I spent just a little time on it...

You can infact make most things if you put time into the drawings...

Here's something I made like 4 months or so ago...

magici.png

It has a gradient because I spent just a little time on it...

One of the problems with Paint is that it makes the picture pixeled.

Other than that, that's pretty good.

Another good thing about other art programs is that you can produce the same quality pictures much faster

One of the problems with Paint is that it makes the picture pixeled
I, for one like the pixel-esque style of creations you can come up with in MS paint

He's not around anymore ( :( ) but Professor Choak was a living legend with MS paint :)

he made my very first avatar for me and got me interested in the whole 'image editing' thing

Here's a link to some of his work:

http://forums.thebehemoth.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1103&sid=82793036ec13c1cb4ae65cd6257abd8e

I guess people use M$ Paint because its simple for newbies :lol:
Was my previous post completely ignored?

Yeah I saw professor choak's stuff before he's good at it...

I really like the pixel style it looks nice and sharp...

Here's another thing I made see if it can change your perception of MS Paint

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3729/w ... pacess.png

(The guy on the left is me IRL and the guy on the right is my "Web" me, also it's only 100 px tall cause I made it for a site with a strict height policy ¬_¬)

Everything about it is bad. There are no layers, there aren't brushes, it has this terrible fuzzy compression, resolution;there is none, and overall you could find free software that is a thousand times better.

You dont need layers... Just work with seperate images... For the brushes: Make a simple object select it and hold shift then drag... And I'm not so sure what you mean about the last thing...

You definitely do need layers when drawing.... Maybe not with the little smiley face pizel cartoons you draw, but when you are making paintings or art that actually looks decent, you need layers.

I just told you how to do it without layers...

Just make seperate images then put 1 on top of the other when done it's easy...

I did that when drawing the bear, I drew the background in 1 pic then drew the bear in the other pic...

No, MS Paint compared to other programs is like comparing a plastic knife to an electric knife. The better the tools, the better quality work produced.

Does an electric knife cut better than a metal knife? :shock:

But Paint is a basic art program. I have only made one animated short film, and it was in paint. Using paint my options were limited though, so the entire skit was in front of a white background. Layers are very helpful, but it is possible to do things without them.

It entirely depends on what you are drawing. Paint is good for a lot of things, but Flash has a few more features.

By the way, I stand correct on the electric knife. There actually is one:

EK3.jpg

I just told you how to do it without layers...

Just make seperate images then put 1 on top of the other when done it's easy...

I did that when drawing the bear, I drew the background in 1 pic then drew the bear in the other pic...

That isn't the point of layers...

And

But Paint is a basic art program. I have only made one animated short film, and it was in paint. Using paint my options were limited though, so the entire skit was in front of a white background. Layers are very helpful, but it is possible to do things without them.

It entirely depends on what you are drawing. Paint is good for a lot of things, but Flash has a few more features.

It's not basic, and it isn't for art. You can make your cartoony Dan P inspired smiley faces, but they will look terrible and that is the maximum of what you can do in paint.

Also, Flash has a little more than a few more features...

It is true that more modern programs have more features. which is inevitable, as all things progress with time (obviously!)

However, although most people choose to change with the times, many don't. Maybe because they like the style. Maybe its because they find it simple/easier to use. Maybe its because they can't afford/download more modern programs for some reason

For whatever reason it is, it doesn't make a difference. As I've said in my own thread; 'does it really matter unless it looks the way the artist wants it to look?!'

Sure, you may not like the simple, pixelated style of MS paint drawings, but others do...and? If you think they look terrible that's your opinion, no need to try and force it upon others :|