Sign in to follow this  
drunken feedle

Ways to prevent 256 cloning ... (everyone please read!)

First off you need to know what causes this

it involves signing in and out at the barbarian boss

Don't sign out at all if your playing this game!!!

Don't attempt to make a 256 character!!

People are getting 256 through character cloning methods

signing in and out with 2 profiles that both have gold and also playing with another person who has 256.

If someone told you to do this and you didnt know the effects then you should have read the tos by microsoft

If someone gave you an account with 256 or your local profile has it then your lying to everyone because you intended to get it or have it.

Again the method is very preventable...

Read these following steps:

A) Don't bother playing with 256 players (kick them from your game)

B) set your slots to private and invite people you know who arnt 256

C) Don't even think about having 256 or giving your account to someone or getting theirs because chances are you will

D) If you don't listen to any of the above just don't sign out of your game... turn off your machine if you did sign out and take a deep breath and reset your machine.

I've played against alot of 256 players in story/arena and ive never been infected.

Chances are alot of people are listening to these mods and getting 256 out of curioustiy. Then they find out they can be banned from live for it and want it removed cause they are bored of it. Don't do it...

Ways to reverse the damage?

Reset the character data by pressing y when you view each character from player statistics on the main menu.

Go to your xbox memory and go to games, delete castle crashers.

Go to xbox memory and press y for options

then do the following x,x, left bump, right bump, x, x

say yes to perform maintenance (this removes any patch/update from every game you have)

Now redownload the game and play it properly..

If the above didn't work then either you did something wrong or im a complete moron.

Hopefully if you were 256 no one reported you online and youll still have a chance to fix your mistake if it was a mistake.

(can someone sticky this?)

Guest Zomby

So, if you get a 256 by accident, you can be banned? Is this happening?

I really don't want to randomly go online to get banned by a bunch of modding D-bags.

read this link here... its the live tos

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/codeofconduct.htm

if someone notices you are 256 and

they click file report

system modification

cheating/system tampering

and if you broke any of the tos then your in the wrong

also playing with anyone whos 256 in an attempt to acheive or gain something is a tos

bottom line is playing with people who are a 256 can get you into trouble

having 256 can get you into more trouble

if your visible to everyone this way then your taking a chance

Its the same as using a turbo 360 controller to win in a game...

While it seams harmless to some its a tos offence because of lives policies

do you realize that you really are telling people how to do this? I edited the beginning of your post, i don't want even more people to do this out of curiosity because they heard about it on the Behemoth Forums. :(

The parts about how to avoid and how to remove the glitch are very helpful though, thank you!

Guest Chaoskii

If I do the maintence what EXACTLY happens? Am I able to redownlaod the patches and updates?

And second, I go to profiles, but it just gives me the option to delete my profile all together, where is the save data?

Yes I was affected by idiots online, and really, really hate it, I reset all my character data but I still have a crap ton of gold and these useless items.

It just takes all the fun out of it.

If I do the maintence what EXACTLY happens? Am I able to redownlaod the patches and updates?

And second, I go to profiles, but it just gives me the option to delete my profile all together, where is the save data?

Yes I was affected by idiots online, and really, really hate it, I reset all my character data but I still have a crap ton of gold and these useless items.

It just takes all the fun out of it.

The maintence merely deletes all updates, and they are redownloadable. All of your save data will be fine. :)

Your save data for Castle Crashers is saved to XBox Live, but obviously you need your gamertag to retrieve, so I am not too sure on your second question. I have never done it.

Guest Chaoskii

So then what I'm understanding is that running maitnence after deleteing castle crashers will fix the glitch?

Or or there something else I need to do?

Guest Zomby

Now a bunch of my characters are 256.... I have these crappy items... and I cannot go into the animal ark without it freezing.

I also have every character God Damnit.

I don't even understand, it brought some of my characters to 1, who were at 50-60 and it brought osme to 256. All I did was help some guy fight pipistrello on insane mode, and then I lagged out.

It sounds like it happens when you get kicked out of the game while online during a boss fight?

This also brings up a question considering I've seen multiple people saying they weren't intentionally getting the 256s and they end up with them anyways. Are all the people on the top of the leader boards really there on purpose?

It sounds like it happens when you get kicked out of the game while online during a boss fight?

This also brings up a question considering I've seen multiple people saying they weren't intentionally getting the 256s and they end up with them anyways. Are all the people on the top of the leader boards really there on purpose?

I think you can get by simply quiting a match while in the lobby when the host is a 256, that is, if you have two people on the same 360 playing online at the same time, and one of them drops out.

Remember the copying glitch a while back? They are using this to hurt other people by copying their 256s onto other people as well.

Guest Zomby

I didn't even have someone quit. Just boom, all my levels were changed and I had like 12 256's...

I'm so ticked about it. And I can't delete the blue knight who was one that got 256'd.

sorry i just wanted people to understand how to prevent it and what causes it. Also to let others know how to prevent it since people are getting it by accident. i personally have never gotten it and i play arena and these mods are there all the time with1560000 wins etc. never heard of getting it from being kicked or the game ending. also if u got it by accident post what exactly happened here. also ill write where saved data is if i can find it.

Ok heres the problem.. just looked at my xbox memory etc.. There is no save data file for castle crashers like most other games ie: cars, castlevania sotn, etc. Usually there is a save file to delete the thing there but nothing is there for the game.

Does this mean the save data is stored inside the actual game file that is only listed there? Would just deleting the data there and redownloading it solve it? Ive never been glitched so these are just suggestions to try. If you have it and removed it please post what you did. From what i hear you can only reset the character data. Someone confirm this?

Also i appologize to anyone who got this by accident. Never knew you could get it from lagging out or being kicked from a game. I've never had this happen to me and again I've played against 256 in both arena and story but i've never lagged out/signed out playing. Usually I just play till they pick a princess fight and toss them so they float in the air and quit. In arena they have 256 but they don't do any more damage then a level 1. Also their wins are effected by this glitch. Yes it seams that the 4000+ plus people who are 256 some of them might be accidental.

Guest travis5223

ok, now i wanted to be 256 and my buddy made me one, but didn't want to sacrifice my 79, but we lagged out so i dot it=*(. so i tried it out and it was unbelievably boring, so i deleted all but i have all these stupid items. now i didn't know it wasn't aloud until he told me so i was very mad at him.

On topic: to prevent it they should patch it, but do nothing to any innocent who wanted a taste of power, because i can guarantee you, after 1 week they will be sooooo sick of their 256's that they'll make a new person.

my idea is simply patch it and let everyone live fine, if you don't want to play with a 256, either ask them or if they don't leave, boot them.

i wanted 256 but i didn't and i got it by lag and i'm angry, i deleted them all but i still have alot of BULLS*** in my inventory like mittens or ....a battle shuriken. that is my point

EDIT: i changed all the stuff i did in that time.

^ sorry for the wall =p

I vote sticky.

Allthough I have a feeling that most of the people are just going to read this and go do it. Because people are stupid like that. Thanks for the advice though. Now I won't have to delete my character because of stupid cheaters who can't play the game.

ok, now i wanted to be 256 and my buddy made me one, but didn't want to sacrifice my 79, but we lagged out so i dot it=*(. so i tried it out and it was unbelievably boring, so i deleted all but i have all these stupid items. now i didn't know it wasn't aloud until he told me so i was very mad at him.

On topic: to prevent it they should patch it, but do nothing to any innocent who wanted a taste of power, because i can guarantee you, after 1 week they will be sooooo sick of their 256's that they'll make a new person.

my idea is simply patch it and let everyone live fine, if you don't want to play with a 256, either ask them or if they don't leave, boot them.

i wanted 256 but i didn't and i got it by lag and i'm angry, i deleted them all but i still have alot of BULLS*** in my inventory like mittens or ....a battle shuriken. that is my point

EDIT: i changed all the stuff i did in that time.

^ sorry for the wall =p

The only way i think you can get rid of the mittens and everything is remove the patch and play the game offline until the save data glitch hits you (dont know exactly how its done) but it will erase everything you have and youll start over.

Theres 2 save data glitches, the character one which erases everything to 0 and the other one is losing all your weapons and inventory items.

The only other suggest i have is try to clone a level 1 character from someone whos not 256 by signing in and out.

I didn't post this for people to learn how to do it.. i posted it to learn how to prevent it. Many people buy the game and get online and don't know nothing about it and get it by accident.

Guest Wafflez

hmm I can't as in not allowed or not because it just won't let me?