Sign in to follow this  
Scaler193

Some other atempts to draw alien homminid

Guest Wingasm
Everyone, I present to you all, Alien Hominid HD! You see, at the time of the original console release of Alien Hominid such HD not been invented yet, however thanks to remastering I have been able to roughly sketch out what Alien Hominid would have looked like if it was released today!

48573_ALIEN_HOMINID_INNNN_HD.PNG

Wingasm's other name is Ng-Mastah also I think that too is drawn in paint...

Yeah that's paint dudeface.

Your not a very good drawer, no offence

Neither are you.

Also in this thread I'm being a critic and not an artist therefore my drawing capabilities have nothing to do with my comment...

Dumbass...

You posted a bad drawing that you made, but you're not being an artist, so your drawing capabilities have nothing to do with your comment...

Cool logic bro.

1233712146602.jpg

You posted a bad drawing that you made, but you're not being an artist, so your drawing capabilities have nothing to do with your comment...

Cool logic bro.

1233712146602.jpg

I posted it as an example to show that drawing too fast can make drawings suck dur hur...

The dumbass thing still stands...

Cool logic bro.

1233712146602.jpg

I posted it as an example to show that drawing too fast can make drawings suck dur hur...

No... the point of you posting that bad drawing was so you could imply that "you need to get better at drawing so you can 'speed draw' like me".

wow...poor dude threads got jacked :(

Anyway, yeah you can make some cool stuff in paint, and major props to those that do. But MS Paint is in no way superior to any of the Adobe Creative Suite programs.

Cool logic bro.

1233712146602.jpg

No... the point of you posting that bad drawing was so you could imply that "you need to get better at drawing so you can 'speed draw' like me".

I said

"Like this:

pic

I did it in 2 mins and it's not very good, and I've been practising"

Which shows even after practice, speed drawing is hard.

Guest George Lincoln

Anyway, yeah you can make some cool stuff in paint, and major props to those that do. But MS Paint is in no way superior to any of the Adobe Creative Suite programs.

to me. ANYTHING is superior to adobe CS3 and 4

Now I never said there isn't anything that has the same capabilities or that some people might prefer over the Adobe Creative Suites.

I stated that MS Paint is in no way superior. Let's face it. Some cool stuff can be done in paint but it does not have near the capabilities that the ACS programs have. The ACS programs are the current professional standard. Obviously they wouldn't be in that position if they were garbage.

Guest Zarth

Now I never said there isn't anything that has the same capabilities or that some people might prefer over the Adobe Creative Suites.

I stated that MS Paint is in no way superior. Let's face it. Some cool stuff can be done in paint but it does not have near the capabilities that the ACS programs have. The ACS programs are the current professional standard. Obviously they wouldn't be in that position if they were garbage.

*face palm* Thats only because half the art has already been done for you. New types of brushes, making smooth lines. useing filters. My god. It take all artist skill away. If I actually TRIED my absolute ardest, i could make something in ms paint LOOK LIKE irt was mane in ether photo shop or Flash. You kids today. always going with tese new fancy tools. tools to make the artist. SKILL does. and thats some thing (aside from wingman, psi, and George Lincoln.) NONE OF YOU HAVE!

Guest George Lincoln

of course I'm not stating that CS is inferior to MSpaint. I'm saying that, since most people are like "omfg i gots CS3" or "omfg i got CS4". CS2 was and is way superior over every other CS that is out there, that was their peak, and so, from there on, you can only go downhill

of course you might think "why the hell is saying all this? this has nothing to do with the subject". actually it does. What do we really need, a small, simple program you can learn in less than 2 minutes, or a high cost photo editing/drawing program that takes you ages to get used to. I'm even using a free program (GIMP) and i still think it's clunky.

of course, MSpaint has huge flaws, like in need of aliasing, magic wand tool a layer system, and probably some options to set colors brightness and contrast easily (and some other crap i think we need). But do we really need lens flare, do we really need another goddamn brush set that we don't need?

of course, MSpaint is associated with sh**, but there are some gems out there who know how to handle that program like any other top shelf editing program.

So High cost or low cost, it doesn't really matter, mastering the tools is what it's about.

Lets face it, Ms paint was just to add more contennt to the computer when it was released. As for zarth, they had better programs when paint was their still! So dont go around calling it a new fangled system, by the way from your logic a horrible blood stain on the wall is better then The Starry NIght becuase it was harder to make

Guest Zarth
Lets face it, Ms paint was just to add more contennt to the computer when it was released. As for zarth, they had better programs when paint was their still! So dont go around calling it a new fangled system, by the way from your logic a horrible blood stain on the wall is better then The Starry NIght becuase it was harder to make
*face palm* your a hole new level of fail. You know that, right?

I didn't say anything about MS paint being a new system.

Guest George Lincoln

hush now! there are no rights or wrongs here, can't we just accepts that MSpaint doesn't suck, but also isn't superior? God, this is like a racist joke gone awry. Seriously.

I never said cost had anything to do with it. And it seems we are viewing these programs from different viewpoints. As a photographer and individual that uses the Adobe Suite for business there is no way we could ever accomplish the things we need to with programs such as paint, gimp, etc.

As somebody doing some fan art in their spare time, and just generally focking around, then yeah you can get by with some of that stuff, some artistic ability, and knowing the ins and outs. But directly compared price and everything else aside, and if you have extensive knowledge of both, you are going to be able to create far better final product in a professional quality program like the Adobe ones rather than in some of the more basic programs.

And I would like to know why you believe CS2 was the high point. Just curious. I have been using the Adobe programs since Photoshop 7 and while there are some things I wish they hadn't changed, overall I believe they have gotten better with each revision.

*face palm* Thats only because half the art has already been done for you. New types of brushes, making smooth lines. useing filters. My god. It take all artist skill away. If I actually TRIED my absolute ardest, i could make something in ms paint LOOK LIKE irt was mane in ether photo shop or Flash. You kids today. always going with tese new fancy tools. tools to make the artist. SKILL does. and thats some thing (aside from wingman, psi, and George Lincoln.) NONE OF YOU HAVE!

So uhm, Dan Paladin uses Flash, and so do most of the web comic artists out there, and most professional graphic artists use the Adobe Suite in one form or another. You're saying none of them have any skill?

And your statement of most of the art being done for you is just ignorant. By that logic nobody should even be using computer or making digital art, as "things are already done for you". Everybody should be ink, pencil, or paint.

As an artist there are plenty of different mediums and whichever one chooses to use is just a different form of expression.

*note: I never said any program sucked.

Are you smashing your head on the keyboard or are you just that retarded?

Oh and putting *face plam* in front of everypost doesnt make you look cool or smart,

Guest Zarth

Are you smashing your head on the keyboard or are you just that retarded?

Oh and putting *face plam* in front of everypost doesnt make you look cool or smart,

lol. fail.

hows about this.

IF YOU CANT DRAW IN MS PAINT, THEN YOU CANT DRAW ON ANY OTHER PROGRAM WITHOUT HAVONG FILTERS BAIL YOU OUT. and i'll end it right there a forget about this stupid place.

kthanksbye

Guest Wingasm

CAN YOU GUYS STOP ARGUING? EVERYONE THINKS DIFFERENTLY AND BY TRYING TO CHANGE THEIR OPINIONS YOU'RE AS BAD, IF NOT WORSE THAN THEY ARE.

Guest George Lincoln

to lunchbox1257...whatever: i love CS2 because it had a handy layout, it was a lot easier to use, and they didn't have all these extras that confused the living sh** out of me. Also, i really love the logo.

but i respect your opinion.

but can we get back on topic now?

here's something for you hominid fans

3551_alienhominidthumb..PNG

used MSpaint and gimp

you're not a very good speller, no offense.

Ok I'll give you the "Your" part but "Offence" is british...

So I think one error in spelling isn't that bad...

you're not a very good speller, no offense.

Ok I'll give you the "Your" part but "Offence" is british...

So I think one error in spelling isn't that bad...

my dad is british. "offence" is NOT british.

my dad is british. "offence" is NOT british.

I'm british...

Wiki Says:Offense or Offence (see American and British English spelling differences

Freedictionary.com Says : offence or US offense

Need I go on?