Sign in to follow this  
DanTheJIGGERMAN

fix for 256 glitch

I don't get it. Is this some illegal hack/mod/hex, or the boomerang glitch?

The boomerang glitch isn't illegal, but I think the 256 glitch is illegal. The only way that the person was able to make the glitch available was to hack the game or xbox or whatever. That is illegal, but I'm not sure if you have a 256 character from playing with a 256er is illegal. But I'm not sure. Theres a whole lot of crap in detail but I'm not sure about that.

Guest NoNamer
wait.. everyones talking about -1? i didnt get that when i deleted mine... wtfail is going on???

That's weird... :| im gonna have to delete mine. i'll see this. give it a few days. and send you a pm.

Guest NoNamer
I do not think Microsoft is able to reset your data,as it is stored on your local console I believe.It could be possible,I just do not know what system they have in place to do this kind of thing.

VERY true... I spent the past 5 minutes thinking about it > _>;; I'm pretty sure that Microsoft doesn't have a way to fix this, but ban your account...?

there is no way to undo it as your stats save to a server

basically you can reset the char data and make the game play a little more normal

but your labeled a cheater with that profile online forever

bottom line

How exactly do you get the glitch anyway?(So I won't acidently get it..)

You can get the Glitch from someone else who has it

To prevent this try getting a bunch of friends you know and play some games with them

I dont get how you get it by playing with them......U all (a few exceptions who were online with a friend on same console)did it but dont want it anymore :lol::x NAUGHTY PEEPLES!!!!

Drunken Feedle is right.....You cant just "get it" unless you glitch it or do the glitch by playing online with a friend on the same couch.....

IMPORTANT TIP: play online when only your gold account is signed in.......Play local when you have a friend round. :roll:

:ugeek:Sorted I believe.

Guest fablehero

Help i was online choosing my character and one of the players had a 256 i didn't think much of it till i left the group to play on local single players when i realized all the characters were unlocked and all were 256 i have no clue how this happened and when i reset my characters they still had the random tools (throwing star throwing knife ect.) what should i do and if there is a way to fix it will it terminate all the characters i have already unlocked? i swear i didn't do anything we did literally 2 levels before i left because the 256 was stealing all the kills. i didn't do any bosses only the home castle and the one after it ( i forgot the name) i just tried what its says to do in the begining and i still have the useless items. help if i delete the game off my 360 can i still get banned?

Not to destroy hopes, but as the other person said, it still would be listed on the leaderboards that you hacked/cheated/etc. Wouldn't you still get banned maybe because you hacked in the 1st place?

(I never done it, but just wondering this because I have 2 friends who done it and I doubt Xbox can tell who did it and reversed it or who did it and not reversed it.)

the thing is still if youve had 256 touch your account you will still be seen as -1 exp on the leaderboards mind you theres over 9000 right now so if your on a friends list its more visible

but none the less this fix gets rid of the null items and extra garbage

no idea how to fix the -1 exp

All we need is for TB or microsoft to wipe the boards.

Guest Xx Ichigo xX

256 is a glitch that copys character data and gives it to the person who leaves at exactly 2 seconds and who evers hosting the game is the one who loses their characters and the reason this glitch stared was becasue someone left at 2 second and noticed that when he played next time he had all of the characters that he didnt have before and then the conclusion came to that he could copy the best players out theres data and make it his own but that doesnt explain how they made their characters exced the limits of the boundry level 99 and the boundry damage as well so the y had to have hacked or created a cc mod

256 is a glitch that copys character data and gives it to the person who leaves at exactly 2 seconds and who evers hosting the game is the one who loses their characters and the reason this glitch stared was becasue someone left at 2 second and noticed that when he played next time he had all of the characters that he didnt have before and then the conclusion came to that he could copy the best players out theres data and make it his own but that doesnt explain how they made their characters exced the limits of the boundry level 99 and the boundry damage as well so the y had to have hacked or created a cc mod

the modders who originally hex edited the game made it the fullest they could with 256... they even changed the name to necromancer for the leaderboards

the person who did one of the original mods has cloned this though every other mod with this exploit.

Bottom line is dont play with 256's and play with friends or private matches

If you got the characters your stuck with them..

As for people saying Oh i was playing with ... and they left the game while i played at exactly the time... well you knew of this glitch as your playing 2 profiles on one system with these people.

I can see someone new to this game playing with a 256 but as for 2 people new to this game playing online and this happening as a very rare thing.

Its not unintentional... someone mentioned how to do it and it got done

You can only reset the char data

that is it...

Complain all you want... you broke the law and the law won

Ive been playing the game since its 1st day on live and ive never gotten nailed by a 256 infection. None of my long time friends from here have either. Mind you we read up on things here or word of mouth.

Again if you play with a 256 then youll get it if you mess around

if you dont play with a 256 then sure you might have cloned someone else

but your not a 256

GET IT?

As for not knowing they are 256... how can someone beat the game and have all gold skulls and 256 as a level?? it would take years... ive been playing off and on a solid year and have 1 grey skull left to get and 6 gold ones...

it takes time and talent.. some people may skip levels etc.. but

DONT CHEAT

How do you clone another Local Profile? My other account has my previous stats...

read the initial post by dan the jiggerman

Okay, I cloned all my stuff, is there anyway to reset your leaderboard stats?

the modders who originally hex edited the game made it the fullest they could with 256... they even changed the name to necromancer for the leaderboards

the person who did one of the original mods has cloned this though every other mod with this exploit.

Bottom line is dont play with 256's and play with friends or private matches

If you got the characters your stuck with them..

As for people saying Oh i was playing with ... and they left the game while i played at exactly the time... well you knew of this glitch as your playing 2 profiles on one system with these people.

I can see someone new to this game playing with a 256 but as for 2 people new to this game playing online and this happening as a very rare thing.

Its not unintentional... someone mentioned how to do it and it got done

You can only reset the char data

that is it...

Complain all you want... you broke the law and the law won

Ive been playing the game since its 1st day on live and ive never gotten nailed by a 256 infection. None of my long time friends from here have either. Mind you we read up on things here or word of mouth.

Again if you play with a 256 then youll get it if you mess around

if you dont play with a 256 then sure you might have cloned someone else

but your not a 256

GET IT?

As for not knowing they are 256... how can someone beat the game and have all gold skulls and 256 as a level?? it would take years... ive been playing off and on a solid year and have 1 grey skull left to get and 6 gold ones...

it takes time and talent.. some people may skip levels etc.. but

DONT CHEAT

yeai know there it is the cheating rule dude that part they give u banned or suspended or suspenshion if they want.

hacking u just get banned hacking not moding someones account and use creditit card u just go jail or prison.

moding> is just they give u same thing as the cheating

well 1st they gliched the there 256 but gliching isnt in the rules it just came in the game or the bugs, and 2nd the leaderboards the gliched it but they cheated the leaderboards. so banned nope they wont and suspenshion or suspended yes they well and that = a warning i dont know there gona remove at at the leader boards and start all over again so stop the madness of course they mite get banned or a supenden but if they get that = banned k to file report them k

thank you :D

Guest CrazyBrock

hi i need help getting ride of the 256 on the xbox360 i tried to get ride of them by the reset and it didnt work and just to let you know the resin why i have it is cause when my friend wanted to play a prank by backing me out we were playing on the same screen and a random guy poped in and i guess this loser had the 256 but we didnt know but when he did that he was playing by him self and he was giggleing about backing me out as a joke but when he backed out and we went to go play in the arena to get back at him and when we went to pick our character all my guys are 256 and i have been trying to get rid of them ever since i called xboxlive and they told me to get a hold of behemoth so i am here so i need to figure out how to get rid of it i tried that clone thing on a local but i dont think silver works but it didnt work or do i need another gold account??...... :?:(:(:(

Sadly you can only get rid of the levels and glitch items, but you'll also lose your pets and weapons in the process.

You also keep every character, which makes it a bit less rewarding.

Ok, first, clear your character data.

Then create an account on your xbox.

It doesn't need xbox live.

Sign in to it.

Start castle crashers.

Pick a character.

Go to the map.

Sign out, and sign into your live account.

Exit the xbox mini menu.

There you go.

I think that's all.