Sign in to follow this  
DanTheJIGGERMAN

fix for 256 glitch

Guest CrazyBrock

ok how do i delete the data so i can do that?? :?::!::geek:

ok how do i delete the data so i can do that?? :?::!::geek:

To reset your character data I think you have to sign into your main account, start Castle Crashers, and somewhere on the menu is a character screen.

It should show the stats, weapons, and pets of each character.

Click 'Y' on each character to delete their information.

Guest CrazyBrock

i tried it and it didnt work i still have the charactors and the music is gone still :(:cry:

Ok theres a few things people should know about the reversing of the data

first off your copyn your level 1 character over your 256

you will still have those useless b button items

you will still be labeled a 256 on the leaderboards as -1 exp

you will loose everything except your gold and items which you must waste away yourself

you can reset your character data but it wont fix everything

your save data is saved to your profile and not a data file for the game

this is the only alternative until an update is released.

Guest Gadwin24

Some of my achievements weren't unlocking so I got online and found out about the 256 glitch and that it was the cause. I wasn't looking to have my game ruined, achievements never attainable, people think I'm a cheater because of it, I didn't want to unlock all the chars, weapons, animals, it sucked the fun out of the game. I want a chance at redemption!!! Please, please, please, please can anything be done about this??

Guest XBLA1

Hey I thought of something for this 256 glitch hack whatever!

Okay you spoke about sign out and clone the account correct?

Why not DO that but! delete the patch THEN clone it sign in do the update and play the last level online?

What I'm saying really:

Reset your character

Make / Recover an account un-modded hacked whatever

Undo the System Cache

Reset the Character TWICE!

Do the clone glitch

Play 1 match offline AKA beat a boss or kill an npc

Then do the update and play on-line?

I haven't got a 256 or I would glady test it for you.

Anyone with a 256 willing to try this please reply back what the results where.

:)

Hope I helped.

Guest Entity

PM me for Gamertag.

I am willing to do this. I did not "choose" to do the glitch, my friend was being a douce and tricked me into it (lame, I know, but an honest excuse).

Guest CrazyBrock

so i take it that people like me who is a victims of this lame glitch because of a dunce friend or when a jerk puts it on the profiles has to suffer because they dont want to get up and help us? i tried every thing the people with the severs i heard can reset your profile on the game if they could kindly do that for the victims like every one and along with me to take it off!! 8-):roll::twisted:

Guest Mattriculate

*EDIT*

I got it to work right, I don't know what exactly made it work right, but I beat a level before deletion of castle crashers and post, but also I cleared cache (to remove patch)

Everything was successfully removed, and I was able to re-dupe my LEGIT 99 from my guest account back to my main, I still have characters but that doesn't bother me one bit.

*EDIT COMPLETE*

I tried this [360], twice actually.

Got on, still had orbs, weapons, money, potions, and stupid mittens, shurikans etc.

What did I do wrong?

Reset all characters

Dashboard

Deleted CC

Downloaded CC

Signed out of my main gamertag

Signed in on new gamertag

Started the game

Went back to map (W/O doing a level)

Signed out

Signed in.

Is it because I didn't even do a level on the new one and I didn't even do one during the process?

Thanks Behemoth Community :!:;)

*EDIT*

I got it to work right, I don't know what exactly made it work right, but I beat a level before deletion of castle crashers and post, but also I cleared cache (to remove patch)

Everything was successfully removed, and I was able to re-dupe my LEGIT 99 from my guest account back to my main, I still have characters but that doesn't bother me one bit.

*EDIT COMPLETE*

I tried this [360], twice actually.

Got on, still had orbs, weapons, money, potions, and stupid mittens, shurikans etc.

What did I do wrong?

Reset all characters

Dashboard

Deleted CC

Downloaded CC

Signed out of my main gamertag

Signed in on new gamertag

Started the game

Went back to map (W/O doing a level)

Signed out

Signed in.

Is it because I didn't even do a level on the new one and I didn't even do one during the process?

Thanks Behemoth Community :!:;)

So you removed the 256 and the null weapons etc successfully and cloned a normal char back over the viral?

Guest kkopfman

Ok so we have two accounts on our xbox and both of us joined a live game unknowingly with a 256 gamer. It messed up only one of our accounts. So we did the original fix back on page 1 of this thread using a blank guest account. Neither of us know how to remove a System Cache so if that could be included on a post from someone that would be very helpful as we would have tested that if we had read further before doing the fix.

But since we discovered that the fix corrected things further than what was described, we thought we would post it. I don't know if have the DLC made a difference.

It kept all of the extra characters BUT it removed the useless B-button codes, extra $ & potion. We have our two animal orbs (Pelter aka seal and Dragonhead) from DLC as well as DLC weapons. As expected, all of the characters went back to level 1. Leader board shows as a level 99.