Sign in to follow this  
ReCkLeSs_X

Moving to a new console...

This isn't so much a bug as it is a question...

I'm curious to know that (since the game is over the size of my memory card) how can I bring my progress to another console?

If I re-download the game from XBLA onto a new console (with the same gamer tag), does my progress automatically update or do I have to find a way to bring my current full game onto the new harddrive?

Thanks.

I take it you've tried recovering your gamertag on someone else's 360? You can read my post to see the weirdness I've experienced. Is there some data transfered to a server via XBL that saves your level, weapons and what not? It sure seems like it because of what happens when I bring my hard drive to a friend's place. I can't play the full game unless we have access to XBL, but I can play at home for whatever reason without a network connection (this I've just come to find as I type this).

I take it you've tried recovering your gamertag on someone else's 360? You can read my post to see the weirdness I've experienced. Is there some data transfered to a server via XBL that saves your level, weapons and what not? It sure seems like it because of what happens when I bring my hard drive to a friend's place. I can't play the full game unless we have access to XBL, but I can play at home for whatever reason without a network connection (this I've just come to find as I type this).

XBLA games are "dongled" 2 different ways. The console where games get purchased is one. The XBL account which purchases them is the other. If you're not on the console where you bought the game, then you need to be logged into your account on XBL.

In this game, it seems they go into your profile, somehow. Normally, games are saved locally to separate files. I beseech The Behemoth to rethink what they've done here. I see what they were going for, but in the end, we need local save files we can back up. This approach makes that impossible. Also, imagine the nightmare of having your profile hacked or stolen somehow. Imagine a dispute with Microsoft meaning you're locked out of your own profile. If all your saved data are there, you are a lot more screwed than you otherwise would have been.

Similar to Halo 3, your progress is saved to your Gamer Profile. However, when you move a to a new 360 and you redownload CC, unless you perform the official license transfer DRM process through xbox.com to transfer the download rights, you MAY experience some data loss issues.

There is a workaround for this however, when you're on the new 360 and launch CC, at the main title screen sign out of your gamer profile and then sign back in (through the XBOX button interface). For some reason, this makes all your information come back as it should. It almost seems like this sign out/in process forces the game to handshake with the save data servers. You will have to do this everytime you play one the new one until you perform that DRM transfer process as I mentioned earlier.

I made a long-winded post about this in the Technical Issues forum if you wanna take a read.