Sign in to follow this  
shesjustaglitch

VOLLEY-BALL! DLC Minigame Idea! *UPDATED

After playing the volleyball match on the Sandcastle roof leve it came to me...

Why isn't this a multi-player game?

Just have it 4 players vs 4 bots or any variation of humans 2 v 2 or 1 vs 3 etc.

Maybe play against different teams? Just a few like the bear team or the thief team etc.

It would be a perfect DLC add on...at least I would play it more than All You Can Quaff.

How about the ability to make teams?

Of course they would have to fix the magic detection up a bit to make sure no magic got through...

Current court ideas: (POST YOURS!)

-Lava (with spurting lava vents)

-Ice court (slide all over!)

-Forest court

-Ship court (titling ship)

-River court (Catfish hairball as volley ball)

-Full Moon Court (with occasional falling boulders)

Suggestions for courts -

-Final Platform level (maybe the inflated wizard as the ball)

-Lava court with the divider a lava spout, make it more interesting

-The Ability to select the score limit (longer games instead of just 10 points)

-Different Sized courts

These are all just ideas, feel free to post your idea/suggestion!

Ya, it would kick the pants off all you can quaff. Seems really obvious now that you bring it up :P:!:

Thanks!

I agree, the engine itself is already in the game.

Just take a few different level locals and add the court to them.

Maybe a volcano one with spurts of lava, a ice one where you slip and slide all over and then a forest one.

Simple as that!

Just let us set the score or time limit and were good to go.

OK!!!! princesses can be playable characters. But they have to be in bikinis. The purple one ... not so much.

OK!!!! princesses can be playable characters. But they have to be in bikinis. The purple one ... not so much.
In my country, they would go crazy for these two! [gestures to another woman] Not so much...

And sure include volleyball dlc. I wouldnt buy it though, DLC is mainly what I consider a waste, unless its on rock band.

I don't mind buying stuff if it's something everyone will get... but it sucks to download a song and then NOBODY has it.

The volleyball thing might not appeal to everyone... that's the only reason I could think of to make it free..

In my country, they would go crazy for these two! [gestures to another woman] Not so much...

And sure include volleyball dlc. I wouldnt buy it though, DLC is mainly what I consider a waste, unless its on rock band.

Who said it couldn't be packaged with a character unlock or free? It's just an idea that I hope will gain support.

I understand what you ean Destertthug except when it comes to rock band, charging money for songs that they just add buttons too doesn't seem right to me.

Then again to each his own.

Who said it couldn't be packaged with a character unlock or free? It's just an idea that I hope will gain support.

I understand what you ean Destertthug except when it comes to rock band, charging money for songs that they just add buttons too doesn't seem right to me.

You ever programmed a song for DDR or Rockband before? :lol:

You ever programmed a song for DDR or Rockband before? :lol:

No.

Now using logic, I will explain how DLC from rockband isn't worth the money in my eyes.

Rockband DLC is released every week correct? What 2 or 3 songs? Maybe more.

Think about how long it takes for Bungie to release a multiplayer map.

A map pack from them comes out every 4 - 6 months? And they have been working on those since before Halo 3's release.

Rockband was released or the 360 in December.

8 months ago, so 4 weeks a month (average) 4 x 8 = 32 weeks, 32 x 3 songs a week = 96 songs since its release.

To me it doesn't seem like it would take to many resources to release that many songs continually since its release, especially for a price tag of 5 bucks.

No.

Now using logic, I will explain how DLC from rockband isn't worth the money in my eyes.

Rockband DLC is released every week correct? What 2 or 3 songs? Maybe more.

Think about how long it takes for Bungie to release a multiplayer map.

A map pack from them comes out every 4 - 6 months? And they have been working on those since before Halo 3's release.

Rockband was released or the 360 in December.

8 months ago, so 4 weeks a month (average) 4 x 8 = 32 weeks, 32 x 3 songs a week = 96 songs since its release.

To me it doesn't seem like it would take to many resources to release that many songs continually since its release, especially for a price tag of 5 bucks.

*yawn* nope, but it's still there in case you REAAAAAALLY wanna download it. And it's better for it to be there, than for it to not be there at all. :idea:

Good post, and your right. "To each his own." I woulda dl'd all the PDA games on AH HD, if they were free. So I guess we'll see.

If it matters...I've made Stepfiles for Stepmania...but meh.

Dude. Companies need to make money. Behemoth needs the money more than those other companies too!

Well you guys no you can hit them with the splash magic and they will fall and can't hit it so if they fixed that I guess but still IMO i think it would suck.

soccer or hockey would be better than volleyball =/

I could see those being cool but those game engines/code aren't already in the game like volleyball is.

It would be far easier on behemoth to make volleyball.

I veto this idea under with my power of common sense.

The Volleyball was horrible. It doesn't work in a game is so sensitive to which plane your on. Ok, I'm fine with playing it once in the game, but making an entire mini-game out of it is stupid.

If they did, they would have to make the game significantly less sensitive to where you are. Currently its a game that it is impossible to be good at. You just hope that your on the right spot, and most of them time its juuuuuussst a little up from the spot your standing and you lose a point.

I veto this idea under with my power of common sense.

The Volleyball was horrible. It doesn't work in a game is so sensitive to which plane your on. Ok, I'm fine with playing it once in the game, but making an entire mini-game out of it is stupid.

If they did, they would have to make the game significantly less sensitive to where you are. Currently its a game that it is impossible to be good at. You just hope that your on the right spot, and most of them time its juuuuuussst a little up from the spot your standing and you lose a point.

I'm not just defending it because it's my own idea but because you can be good at volleyball.

I've beaten the game about 4 or 5 times and each time I play that level I do better and better, just the other day I beat the computer team 10 to 2

I would agree to make it a bit easier just for the general community but I would much rather play this game than...All You Can Quaff.

As much as I hated playing that game by myself, I'm sure it would be fun online or with friends.

I support this idea, and any other sports ideas. Hockey could probably work.

And what about an Arena like the water level where you have to swim or stand on a log? That would be awesome.