Sign in to follow this  
save-a-seal

Explanation of boss boomerang glitch

Basically here's how the bug plays out. If you stand with your back turned to the edge of the screen, throw a boomerang and then get it caught behind a certain boss (bat has been done the most, but I've seen it done on medusa, catfish, and anyboss the boomerang does not glide through), the boomerang will just stick behind them, netting the player a lot of effortless XP. Two easy way's to fix this would be to simply make the boomerang go through these bosses, or make it so the boomerang does not do any damage or give XP. Hope this helps! :lol:

Basically here's how the bug plays out. If you stand with your back turned to the edge of the screen, throw a boomerang and then get it caught behind a certain boss (bat has been done the most, but I've seen it done on medusa, catfish, and anyboss the boomerang does not glide through), the boomerang will just stick behind them, netting the player a lot of effortless XP. Two easy way's to fix this would be to simply make the boomerang go through these bosses, or make it so the boomerang does not do any damage or give XP. Hope this helps! :lol:

Nooooooooooooooooo, aww alright, this glitch was awesome til it started to lag me out every time i used it :cry: , it also froze my xbox once so it has to go.

Don't ever let the boomerang kill the boss! When his life bar is close to gone, move so the boomerang returns to you. Finish him off, and all is well.

Yeah, I do use it now instead of hours of grinding. I did play through my first time without looking up anything, as I always do.

You can let the boomerang finish him off, you just need to collect your boomerang during his dying animation sequence, before all the stats come up. And just s you know, if any of you use this glitch you totally tak eout some of the fun of the game.

Yeah, not sure if this was an oversight or intentional. The reason this seems to work is because of the way EXP works in this game. From everything I've read/witnessed, EXP is rewarded by a per-hit basis, not a total damage/killing blow mechanic unlike more traditional RPGs. So whether you hit for a 200 dmg critical or your friend hits with a 3 dmg arrow, you are both rewarded the same amount of experience for that one blow.

I can only imagine that the reason it was done this way was because of the fact that Behemoth was targeting CC as a 4-player FUN experience. This has it's PROs and CONs depending on if you're a casual player or a hardcore experienced RPG veteran.

But back on topic, if the boomerang did no damage that should completely get rid of this exploit that has tainted the leaderboards, or maybe even to a lesser extent, keep the 1 dmg but cut the boomerang's rate of fire to 1/4 of what it is now. This would still allow a low level newbie in a high level party still feel like they're contributing somehow if they're too afraid to run in to the fray.

I would not mind at all if it were taken out as an unintended glitch. My suggestion is a timeout for how long the boomerang can stick to something, say 3 seconds. But as long as it's there, if all I'm going to do to grind otherwise is twirlies with A+A on easy levels, well . . . whatever. I agree on principle--it's cheap.

Yes, it's cheap on principle, but it's not unbalancing the game for anybody else.

It makes too many illegitimate level 99's on the leaderboards. Kind of annoying seeing so many already, and at least half of them used that bug.

It's not a glitch

A glitch is when the game is acting in a way it's not supposed to

This is an exploit, the boomerang is supposed to get caught on things(I'm assuming) and it doesn't get caught on normal enemies because they get knocked over, however bosses do not

(I don't want to sound like a smartass but I'm just pointing that out...)

A glitch is the graphics glitch if you do the catfish wrong

I think it'd be better if the boomerang went through the bosses instead of, you know, getting stuck behind them. Maybe make it do that crazy damage number thing while going through still, but make it so it's more reasonable then just exploiting a cheap way to get to 99 with minimal effort.

I say keep the "glitch" in the game. It really helped me out. I mean, I didn't use it on my first 4 play throughs. I beat the game 4 times, legit, with each of the 4 main knights. But right now I am in the process of leveling up my other characters using this method. I really DON'T want to play through the game more than 20 times just so I can have a good group of leveled up characters. I think it should be up to the player if they want to take advantage of this or not.

This feature should not be REMOVED, The Behemoth has other more important issues to take care of.