Sign in to follow this  
Punko

Still don't understand why not more difficulty levels !?

Passionate guys like you should have thought about passionate gamers like me.

And this gamer is not satisfied at all. Your game is awesome in every aspect except this one.

It proposes depth in the controls, in the character progression, variety, length and I'm not even talking about artistic aspects.

But for someone like me, that play video games for a long time now and use all the possibilities a game permit, it quickly become way to easy. (and the insane mode is not a solution because first you can't have access to it at the beginning and second the game become a bit harder but above all tedious and boring, in solo especially because of enemies abused resistance).

There are so many ways to make this game harder with making ennemies withstand masters.

- Decrease the number of potions you can carry (to 0 or 2).

- Make enemies stronger (only power of attacks, bows and magic but not more resistants) or lower Knights HP

- Losing XP when killed. so you can't benefit from xp you earned on a level to complete this same level.

- More enemies on screen

- Do not allow shield to resist so many attack types. (and especially bosses attacks.)

- Make bosses attacks stronger. (some of it are surprisingly weak)

- Make enemies use their shield sometimes... ETC.

To cut short : make the player use the depth of the game to finish it.

combo, repel with the shield, throws, cooperation between players (one with a shield and others firing behind for example), and every attack types you've made...

Like it is, the game just require players to tap randomly the buttons and use their potions when they have lost all the HP.

I can understand why players would play like this but please think about those who don't...

the game is easier because, as a rule, multiplayer games are easier. This is due to the fact that the draw of the game is to go through with your friends, but if everyone keeps dieing and having to play the same level over and over it gets very frustrating. If you want more of a challenge on the regular game, do not add attribute points to your character as he levels up...

What about street of rage or alien hominid, first examples that come in mind. They are fun with a friend and still hard to finisH.

Adding difficulty levels just permit players to take the one they want. No matter how many they are.

In fact in C.C the more you are, the easier the game is. And you can revive your mates as many time you want without losing anything. You don't have to play cooperatively and that's why you often don't, each knight giving out blows in his corner.

This game is just for casual play only and that's a shame because it could be so much more.

The draw of the game shouldn't be to just be with your friends (while you go through the game) waiting for this aspect (being with friend) to create the fun BUT to have fun (because of the game mechanics and its fair and adjusted difficulty to your level) with your friends, this aspect increasing the fun.

(sorry for my english)

I found AH to be far to difficult for first time players.

Infact I would get so frustrated with the beginning levels that I only beat 2 or 3 (on hard, not sure why it was set to that) and didn't revisit the game till I was waiting for CC.

I would of preferred more difficulties, I feel Insane mode is just cheap and isn't much fun.

Instead of making their damage and health off the charts why didn't they just make gold and fruit a sparse resource? Why not make enemies harder to fight (using more magic, block techniques, faster bosses etc.), not harder to kill (since they have so much HP it just comes down to spamming attacks there not anymore difficult than the normal versions they just have higher stats.)

...Have you beaten Insane mode yet?

Anyway, the game is meant for fun, more casual gamers than the ones that played AH.

If you want hardcore passionate fighting, see Ninja Gaiden 2.

it was a very common complaint about AH HD's difficulty, and we felt it would please more people overall if we pulled on the reigns a little. we had found many people weren't able to experience the game we had created, and that was disappointing for both us and the players of AH.

one remedy we sought for more challenge in CC was to create insane mode. just adding that one mode was a ton of work on top of another ton of work that already existed but i am glad we added it. i am sorry to hear you weren't challenged enough by the game, but i have to say i am still pleased with the way the game came out. many people felt punished by AH HD's difficulty. i do not want players to feel punished. the lower difficulty in CC has allowed many more people to enjoy what we've created, but the unfortunate problem with that is that very serious gamers might be a bit put off. i was hoping that would not happen, though.

so you are looking for a "more insane" mode, in essence?

The game doesn't really need a more insane mode, just one that is insane for reasons other than "haha everything has ten times more health and does 500 damage". Faster boss patterns. Random beefy enemies. New and unexpected attacks. More aggressive magic users. Things like that.

It doesn't even need to be a big change. The only difference between Ikaruga's Hard and Normal difficulties is a small gameplay mechanic change (all enemies return fire when killed, rather than just those of the same color as you) and yet it makes a world of difference when you go from playing one to the other.

The game doesn't really need a more insane mode, just one that is insane for reasons other than "haha everything has ten times more health and does 500 damage". Faster boss patterns. Random beefy enemies. New and unexpected attacks. More aggressive magic users. Things like that.

It doesn't even need to be a big change. The only difference between Ikaruga's Hard and Normal difficulties is a small gameplay mechanic change (all enemies return fire when killed, rather than just those of the same color as you) and yet it makes a world of difference when you go from playing one to the other.

You're asking for them to essentially go through every level and set all the enemies to change based on difficulty. That is a lot of work.

While I definitely do agree they could (should?) have made Insane difficulty boost enemies tendency to block and/or use magic, making more enemies or random beefy ones etc. is not as easy or simple as it sounds. I'll say it again; that is a LOT of work.

You're asking for them to essentially go through every level and set all the enemies to change based on difficulty. That is a lot of work.

It is a lot of work. That's why you don't see many difficulty modes in many games, unless the game was designed with that in mind.

But you know it was disappointing when you got to the boss of Lava World, Industrial Castle, Wedding Crashers, or the Catfish and the only thing that was different was that it took ten times longer to kill. :lol: Especially after fighting the Troll boss which was different for IM (doesn't run much until it's at 33%) or Pipistrello (who has one hit KOs on top of the usual changes).

More difficulty levels would be great. Normal mode is way too easy for a high leveled character, and insane is too hard for just one character, high level or not. A "hard" difficulty that a 50+ level character can go through and have somewhat of a difficult time, but not as hard as insane would be perfect. Insane mode is great for 4 people at once though, it's great fun online when it works.

I repeat that I understand why you lowered the default difficulty (I'm glad more people can enjoy the game).

But I just feel betrayed after such the amazing and challenging game that was AH

that you didn't put something for us long time and hardcore (i don't like this word) players.

Honestly I don't know how much work represent tweaking one or two things to make the game harder but I'm just sad you didn't (and this time that's me who do not enjoy the game anymore but that's the way it is lately : games for casual only and no effort to make it fit for experienced ones). Ikaruga did. Bionic Commando did. And many games do that in a good way as well. I'd really hope you would do the same...

When I first heard about Insane mode I was really relieved but the way you made it just isn't the right one for me. Like I (and everybody seems to) said in this topic enemies have too much Heath and it's getting boring. I like that they deal a lot of damage (maybe too much sometimes) but having to hit them a thousand time just make me wanna stop.

I proposed some of many ways to deal with this low difficulty, other were proposed then. I don't know how hard this would be to implement but this would be really really great and would make me play for a thousand hours more...

(Sorry for my english)

it was a very common complaint about AH HD's difficulty, and we felt it would please more people overall if we pulled on the reigns a little. we had found many people weren't able to experience the game we had created, and that was disappointing for both us and the players of AH.

one remedy we sought for more challenge in CC was to create insane mode. just adding that one mode was a ton of work on top of another ton of work that already existed but i am glad we added it. i am sorry to hear you weren't challenged enough by the game, but i have to say i am still pleased with the way the game came out. many people felt punished by AH HD's difficulty. i do not want players to feel punished. the lower difficulty in CC has allowed many more people to enjoy what we've created, but the unfortunate problem with that is that very serious gamers might be a bit put off. i was hoping that would not happen, though.

so you are looking for a "more insane" mode, in essence?

If it's any consolation, one of the main reasons I love Alien Hominid is because it's insanely hard. :geek:

I found AH to be far to difficult for first time players.

Infact I would get so frustrated with the beginning levels that I only beat 2 or 3 (on hard, not sure why it was set to that) and didn't revisit the game till I was waiting for CC.

I agree. I got to level 1-3 and quit playing the game for about 8 months. I just recently came back to it with a friend in order to beat it, and even then we had a relatively tough time. I love AH to death, but was very disappointed at first.

Alternately, I've had a whole lot of fun with CC. It would be kind of cool to have another difficulty, but I haven't even beaten insane mode yet. The biggest problem I have, is that I get bored playing by myself, now that I've beaten it. Once online multiplayer gets smoothed out a bit I'll be good.

Like this one but for the opposite reason AH should have proposed other difficulty modes that's for sure.

For good players AH was an awesome game.

The first time you died 30 time in the first levels. The second time only 10 and the third you beat the game.

Never frustrated, always fair, just had to learn some patterns and act wisely...

Loved this game and wanna enjoy C.C the same way...

(sorry for my english)