Sign in to follow this  
Powered by Chicken

Castlewiki IN PROGRESS!!

I'm busy adding some phancy infoboxes to the weapons pages right now, once I'm done with those I'll work on infoboxes for characters/animal orbs and such. :arrow: moar prittyness

Also, Kelly/Emil I've noticed that this wiki doesn't recognize the Parser functions such as #if and #ifexist which allows for more sophisticated infoboxes and tables (see here and here for more info). Along with this, the commons page needs a few modifications to make the infoboxes truly display correctly.

Despite all that, however, its defiantly starting to take shape. Everyone who has been helping; keep up the good work!

I used the weapon infobox layout to make a characters infobox. You can see how it looks on the Green Knight page.

I'm still not sure what information is suitable for character pages or how to best display it. ¯\(°_o)/¯

It looks like a good start. We can modify it as we go to make sure it has all the info we need.

Also- All the weapon pages now have an infobox and an image! YAY! :D

Guest ImaCarrot

the profile images have that weird bar because they are literally the images from the character select screen (your gamer tag appears in that bar). somewhere we have the full images, without that bar, and i think they are a little wider as well. I'll update everything as i find stuff. There are GAJILLIONS of art assets to go through, so i'm adding stuff as fast as i can!

Totally feel free to upload Castle Crasher images you may have, and if i can replace them with a higher quality or more official one later i will. I ask that people do not upload their OWN art to the castlewiki, except to their own profile pages i suppose.

I can post the character portraits without the transparent bar at the top if you would rather spend your valuable time elsewhere. I can post them with a white background like this or I can spend some time putting in the color background to make it look more like what is already on the green knight's page.

Is there a way to make it so clicking an image leads to a specific page rather than to this sort of page? I've cut the weapon image up into 65 individual images that'll fit together to form the whole image and it'd be cool to have each link to their appropriate weapon page. Is it possible?

I don't think I need an image map. If I can get embedded images to link to pages, I'm set.

This is what I want to do (first row links, too lazy to link the 2nd row but you get the idea):

23514158.jpg93304978.jpg37494267.jpg14270255.jpg17006235.jpg

35221950.jpg16998708.jpg94917660.jpg40612328.jpg45829551.jpg

Guest ImaCarrot

I know exactly what you want to do, just with the way you had it setup currently, I assumed you wanted to be able to do it with a single image; hence the image map suggestion.

I did some digging and you can't do image maps with media wiki as it stands; the html allowed doesn't support images and the wiki markup doesn't come with it by default.

There is an image map extension available for media wiki if the admins want to install it.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ImageMap

If you would rather just have a single image per weapon, you could probably get that to work as well. You say you aren't able to get an image to link to a different page? That shouldn't be a problem...

Guest NoShogun

You guys do realize there is a Castle Crashers Wiki already up, and it has some really great articles. Maybe the guys from over there could help. ;)

Guest ImaCarrot
You guys do realize there is a Castle Crashers Wiki already up, and it has some really great articles. Maybe the guys from over there could help. ;)

Link?

And if you mean the CC knowledge base, we know about it already. ;)

Link?

And if you mean the CC knowledge base, we know about it already. ;)

He's talking about this one. Aburnett is an admin there and he's helping on Castlepedia. That particular wiki is well structured and full of great information, but Castlepedia will be the official CC wiki- it's supported by thebehemoth and will have exclusive access to art directly from thebehemoth.

I did some digging and you can't do image maps with media wiki as it stands; the html allowed doesn't support images and the wiki markup doesn't come with it by default.

I believe we can make an image map work- I have a very handy template that I can bring over from my wiki and try and implement it

EDIT: Yep, the Imagemap extension needs to be installed (*sigh*)

Kelly/Emil, are you guys planning on installing any extensions, or should we try and make it work as is?

Guest ImaCarrot

I'm not a fan of the new character and weapon templates let me tell ya. What was wrong with the info box on the right side? The way it is now, I have to scroll down on pages that actually have info on them to see the additional info and that is no fun.

Is it possible to set up an image to lead to a specific page when clicked? I don't need an image map to do what I have in mind (see my post above).

In order to have that happen, we need Emil to install the ImageMap Extension, or add support for external images. If that gets installed, we could use a template like this. Hopefully on Monday they can let us know whats going on.

I'm not a fan of the new character and weapon templates let me tell ya. What was wrong with the info box on the right side? The way it is now, I have to scroll down on pages that actually have info on them to see the additional info and that is no fun.

Sully is right, after he added the code to Common.css for me, there was a conflict between the code in the template and the code applied to the whole site. Now that the code on the templates is removed, everything should be working fine. :D

Guest ImaCarrot

Good thing I didn't go around trying to edit things back then. :D

"Dan Paladin" just started adding to the wiki- is that really you, Dan?

Either way, you made a typo in the necromancer edit =P

sorry i was MIA over the weekend! i'll talk to emil about adding in the extensions you mentioned. this is looking SO MUCH BETTER! thank you all so much!! lets do this. lets start a page in the wiki, or even on my user page, and if you have a request for specific art assets (or information) that you need post there and i'll see what i can do!

:arrow::arrow:

kelly

Also, Kelly/Emil I've noticed that this wiki doesn't recognize the Parser functions such as #if and #ifexist which allows for more sophisticated infoboxes and tables (see here and here for more info). Along with this, the commons page needs a few modifications to make the infoboxes truly display correctly.

Thanks so much for pointing this out. I've added the ParserFunctions extension and made all the necessary changes (hopefully) Try it out and let me know if all is working properly. I'll take a look at the common.css in a few minutes and update you as soon as you can.

Thank you to everyone for putting so much effort into this. This is entirely long overdue and it wouldn't be possible without all your efforts. Internets yay!

Thanks so much for pointing this out. I've added the ParserFunctions extension and made all the necessary changes (hopefully) Try it out and let me know if all is working properly. I'll take a look at the common.css in a few minutes and update you as soon as you can.

Thank you to everyone for putting so much effort into this. This is entirely long overdue and it wouldn't be possible without all your efforts. Internets yay!

Yay, the Parser Functions are working great now. Commons should be all set, I've been working with sully to update that =P

I started a list of the art we most need here.

As for information- we still have made up names for many of the bosses. I saw "Troll Mum" on xbox live when a friend was fighting her, so I assume that's correct. Someone told me that they saw "Husky Barbarian" for Barbarian Boss on xbox live, but I didn't see that myself and Kelly changed him back to Barbarian Boss on the wiki.

Oh, can can I now link with images like I explained here?